PDA

View Full Version : Smell of sink water at Allstar Sports

2disneycrazy
08-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Why does the sink water at Allstar Sports have a very strong chlorine smell compared to Pop Century?

I was at Allstar Sports recently and there seems to be a very strong chlorine smell when you run the water in the sink. The smell seemed to be stronger at Sports than it was at Pop Century.

I was considering staying at Movies next year since it looked really cute when we walked over to the hotel. Does the sink water at Movies have the same kind of chlorine smell to it. I usually use sink water to make my coffee. I have a small pot that I use to boil water and make coffee in the mornings and evenings, but the water had a different taste to it at Sports that I didn't enjoy having coffee there.

Has anyone noticed the difference in the quality of the water of the Allstars compared to Pop Century? I know I can buy bottled water to drink, but just using the sink water to brush your teeth or washing your hands.

Any info will help me decided whether I want to try Movies or not. The smell of the water at Sports bothered me, even just brushing my teeth. If the water is the same at Movies, I would rather just stay at Pop Century again.

paras4ri
08-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Just a guess about the reason. Orange County, FL just raised their resort tax and it was noted that it will affect people staying at Disney - but some of the All-Stars resorts are in a different county and will pay the prior rate. Maybe those buildings in the other county also have a different water supply - with more chlorine?

eeyoreiscool
08-02-2006, 06:18 AM
We've never really noticed a difference in the water. I think it depends on where people are from and what they are used to though. Some people seem to think the water isn't fit for human consumption while others don't seem to have a problem with it.

taximomfor4
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I think it mostly has to do with what is happening in the water source at a given time. I have stayed at all 3 All Stars, on different trips, and sometimes the water is worse than other times. Also, I have stayed at WL 3 times and same thing -- the water smell/taste has varied considerably from trip to trip.

I know here, on the Great Lakes, even our water smell/taste can change a LOT!! The water plants do what they need to in order to keep the water safe for drinking...but the exact contents of that water won't always be the same.

I use bottled water for making coffee at WDW. And depending how the water smells at my resort on that particular trip, I will also sometimes use bottled water for brushing my teeth.