PDA

View Full Version : If You Are Going To Wlv Bring A Jacket

profdsny
08-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Walking in from the hot weather last week into the hallways of the Wilderness Lodge Villas almost seemed like punishment. I kept expecting to see sides of meat hanging from the walls. I don't see any reason to keep it that cold. I was surprised that the housekeepers weren't wearing fur coats and hats when they were in the hallways. It was nice to get into our room where it was a balmy 72 degrees. What's the reason for this?

Hugpug
08-02-2006, 03:37 AM
That was just like when I walked into Target last week-end. ANd when you go back outside its like a blast furnas. During the summer I always carry a sweater with me for when I go in and out of stores and eating places.

Did you complain to management. If it was that cold I would have said something.

BlindTyldak
08-02-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm surprised; most entertainment places have a rule that when it is that hot out the AC temp in areas upon entering a building can't be set any lower than 78 degrees, because some people can't handle the temperature change that well. I would have talked to a manager and made sure housekeeping hadn't messed with the temp control.

Bibbidi
08-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Both times we've stayed at WL we've noticed that too, subzero air conditioning. It's downright frigid coming in from the pool! I too carry a thin extra layer in the summer due to air conditioning like that--definitely needed at the WL IMO. Just a thought, since heat rises and the lobby is so cavernous, I wonder if that jack up the ac in order to keep that space cool--you would think there would be lots of different zones for the ac though so one area wouldn't have to be as cold as another.

Wafflestoo
08-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Hi there,

The worst is when you come in from swimming at the pool. Our room in the WL was 4th floor- all the way down a long hall. It was a trek from the pool to our room and we all FROZE. I like to stay cool in the summer, but this was unbelievable.

Meg

rhiannonwales
08-02-2006, 09:06 AM
I must be in the minority here, but it sounds heavenly to me! Then again i keep my home a/c set to 59, LMAO
Sherrie