PDA

View Full Version : Any advantage to preferred view room

TenThousandVolts
08-01-2006, 10:44 PM
I now have a preferred view room- it always seemed like a waste of $ to me. Does anyone think a preferred view is worth the cash?

MissMagnolia
08-01-2006, 10:57 PM
It really depends. For us, not so much. We don't mind walking a bit to be by the lobby/food area/pool/busses. 5 versus 7 minute walk (or whatever the difference is) doesn't seem warranted usually. However, if that is important to you, then prefered may be the way to go.

Quinn222
08-02-2006, 03:30 AM
For me it depends on the hotel. I travel with my 80 year old mother and if it means she has less to walk, even a little bit less to walk, then it is worth it to me.

eeyoreiscool
08-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Generally we don't bother with the preferred rooms. If that is all that is available then we will get it. But being closer to the main building isn't really a big problem for us right now.

TenThousandVolts
08-02-2006, 06:48 AM
I have never had preferred before but we just switched to POP from ASMo- and only preferred was available. Last time we were in the 50's (not preferred) and it was close to the lobby/food court and we even had a view of the bowling pool and the Lady and Tramp icons.

But once I stayed in the 80's and it seemed so far away from everything. I really didn't like it. There wasn't a 'fun' feeling there (like in 50's, 60's, and 70's) IMO.

My dad is travelling with us and he is not in the best health so I guess it is nice to have a guarantee that his room is in a good location.

(I paid for the upgrade for 5 rooms- just trying to justify the cost)

Bibbidi
08-02-2006, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure where you're staying, but the preferred room was worth it for us at CBR last year. I know you can request rooms there that are just over the bridge from Port Royale, but at least with preferred we were guaranteed a room in Martinique or Trinidad North, the two groups of buildings closet to OPR. For us it made a difference because our kids were 4 and 2 and we had lots of walking at the parks ahead of us. I'd say if you aren't planning on using the food court a lot then it probably doesn't really matter that much at the mods since there are several bus stops around each of them.

Allison
08-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Which resort?

Brise Nannie
08-02-2006, 07:14 AM
We've got preferred room ressies because we'll be traveling with my 70+ YO parents and my DH who has back and knee problems. DH is a trooper and will follow the group anywhere in the parks so the least I could do is make it easier for him to walk to get food and a drink.

TenThousandVolts
08-02-2006, 07:23 AM
We're staying at POP :thumbsup2 (we changed from ASMOVIES because of the pool rehab)

Phrank40
08-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Booked a standard room for a stay at POP last month. I'm not sure if a lake view 70s building is a preferred room but that is the room we got. In the future I would probably pay the extra money for this location - it was very quiet, nice view of lake and just a short walk to food court, etc.

Phrank

PrincessV
08-02-2006, 09:26 AM
After reading this thread, I think I did the right thing with my CBR res yesterday...
I figured "Preferred" meant closer to the food court/pool, etc. Looking at a map, that would also mean farther from parking. I'm taking DS4 by myself and I'd rather walk a bit farther for food/pool in the name of a shorter walk with luggage!

gtstuff
08-02-2006, 09:30 AM
We are rarely in the room anyway, so preferred view has never been important. I guess it would be nice for visitors who plan on actually living there instead of visiting the parks.