08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
What's to do at PO?
Activities?
Shops?
Adult Entertainment?

Thanks

bethann1970
08-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Will you be at Riverside or French Quarter? One thing that was alot of fun was the Carriage ride...which you can get to from either resort.

brock
08-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Oops forgot to state that we'll be in Riverside?
What about the carriage ride?

Thanks

cassi06403
08-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I'll answer for POR since that's what I know best! :thumbsup2

Activities- you can rent a surrey bike or a small boat. You can do some fishing too. Someone already mentioned the horse carriage. There's also an arcade for the kids.

Adult entertainment - be sure to check out the piano player in the lounge (River Roost).. he's really great! Just ask when you're down there to find out what nights he'll be performing..

Shops - there is Fulton's General Store... resort gift shop very much like all the other resorts' gift shops.

brock
08-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Any idea how long the piano player plays. So, like, if we get back around 10pm is he still perfomring?

cassi06403
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
I believe so... anyone know for sure??? :confused3

abe_bb
08-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow so much to do at POR:

1 - Carriage Rides - especially at night, it is a wonderful experiece

2 - Bob Jackson is the Piano Guy's name, According to his website, he plays 8:30 to Midnight at Port Orleans. Here is the link to his website with August dates he is at port orleans (http://www.yehaabob.com/Page5.asp) - he really needs to change the background - it hurts my eyes lol.

3 - Other Activities: Biking, boat rentals, fishing, great place to walk around, several pools, and an arcade.

4 - Shops - Fultons, standard fare gift shop for the resort that also sells liquor at a "decent" price (considering it's in a resort).

5 - FOOD - Food Court is WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL! Boatwrights is also good food (our bad experience with the server aside, the food IS good).

DJ Disney Kid
08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah the food court is a sight to behold! I like eating in there late in the evening because of the dim lighting and just being able to look out all the surrounding windows and see the ambience of the resort around you. GREAT! :thumbsup2

Noone has mentioned yet, but not only can you rent boats and watermice, but you can take a boat from POR that will drop you off at DTD. POFQ is within walking distance, so you can check that out as well. There is a fishing hole ( not sure on pricing ). And you can also get a caricature done at certain times of the day, near the lobby and right outside is a person who braids string into your hair ( this generally is favored by women, but I guess I man could do it to, LOL ). Great resort!

brock
08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
What's a watermice?

Thanks for the paino player's website, it's helpful....and I agree, I need sunglasse to read it! lol :3dglasses

DJ Disney Kid
08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Watermice is like a little SeaDoo Racer. It goes maybe 20mph ( i think? ) and it holds one person.

deany
08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
POR is a beautiful resort to walk around in the early morning or in the evenings. We have yet to do the boatride to DTD due to crowds or poor timing on our part but we will do it during our trip in Oct. We spend every evening at the wonderful pool and hot tub but our family really enjoys swimming. We have stayed at POR twice before (only other trip we stayed at the Disney Village) as we have a family of 5 and now that only 3 of us are going in October, my daughter does not want to stay anywhere else. :sunny: I just have to share this - it was so cute: I had worked a lot of extra shifts, Christmas day shifts, Easter, etc. just to pay for our trip in 1998, our first to POR. When we arrived, I was really marvelling at the beauty of the resort and the grounds. My middle son starting pulling at my sleeve to talk to me. He pulled me aside and said, "Mom, we can't stay here".
"What do you mean, we can't stay here" I said, suprised because I was just loving the atmosphere.
"There is no way that we can afford anything this nice", my son replied. I reassured him that we could, I had it all paid for. He then asked me, "Do we have to sell our house?" Poor little guy was so worried for the first couple of days!! :love: