PDA

View Full Version : Best resort to avoid POP WARNER kids

RN01
08-01-2006, 08:19 PM
I booked the wrong time of year, wish I could change but I can't :furious: We planned on getting a family suite at Pop Century but I'd like to avoid the Pop Warner kids as much as possible and I've heard they take over the value resorts. Which resort is the best to stay at to avoid them? The deluxe resorts are definately out of budget. :bitelip: By the way, it's the first week in Dec. Thanks a bunch!!! :lmao:

buffalogirl
08-01-2006, 08:43 PM
You're not alone. I had a room booked at AS Sports during that time. Found

out about Pop Warner thru DISboards. I emailed WDW and asked them

specifically which value and moderates would they NOT be staying at.

Disney's response was "the teams are not using Pop Century Resort or

Coronado Springs, all other value and moderate resorts will be used by them."

You should be fine at Pop Century- they do not share busses with the All Star

Resorts. Have fun!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jeanne B
08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
From what I've read on other threads POP is only used if there's overflow so if you need to stay in a value I'm assuming POP would be the best option.

ducknbutch
08-01-2006, 08:53 PM
sorry, i'm kinda new... can you fill me in on what "pop warner" is?

buffalogirl
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Pop Warner is a cheerleading and football league that hosts annual events/

competitions(?) at Disney's Wide World of Sports. This year they're

scheduled for Dec 3-9. The participants generally stay at the value and

moderate resorts. I've heard mixed reviews about their behavior on the

busses and at resorts.

calgarygary
08-01-2006, 09:19 PM
This link (http://popwarner.com/) will tell you all about Pop Warner.

Nanu57v
08-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Pop Warner is a cheerleading group that has a competition usually the first week of December. Because of this masses of teenagers come to Walt Disney World and stay frequently at the All Stars. Unfortunately not all of these teenagers are responsible and supervised. When we stayed at all stars we were woken up early, kept up late, and knocked over in food courts by them. Im only in my mid-20s, so normally teenagers dont bother me, but unsupervised teenagers who deny me sleep on my vacation do!

This last trip we stayed at Carribean Beach to avoid them and I didnt spot a single cheerleader.

lastminutemom
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
This may be a stupid question -- but the kids miss school for this?

paladin
08-01-2006, 09:24 PM
We planned on getting a family suite at Pop Century

The family suites are at the All Star Music, not at Pop Century.

raven69david
08-01-2006, 10:40 PM
You can avoid all the headaches and guessing games by staying in a Deluxe resort. :rotfl:

ducknbutch
08-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Pop Warner is a cheerleading and football league that hosts annual events/

competitions(?) at Disney's Wide World of Sports. This year they're

scheduled for Dec 3-9. The participants generally stay at the value and

moderate resorts. I've heard mixed reviews about their behavior on the

busses and at resorts.

ahhh... thanks for the info

ducknbutch
08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
This may be a stupid question -- but the kids miss school for this?

on these types of trips, students usually have to either get ahead of the class schedule or do some heavy make up when they get back, they also need to maintain a worthy GPA

DeluxePrincess
08-02-2006, 10:54 AM
You risk staying next door to Pop kids unless you stay at a deluxe. If they need the room, they will put kids In PC.

vpalmer
08-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I booked the wrong time of year, wish I could change but I can't :furious: We planned on getting a family suite at Pop Century but I'd like to avoid the Pop Warner kids as much as possible and I've heard they take over the value resorts. Which resort is the best to stay at to avoid them? The deluxe resorts are definately out of budget. :bitelip: By the way, it's the first week in Dec. Thanks a bunch!!! :lmao:
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last Dec 3-10 and never saw one pop warner group at our resort. WL is the cheapest of the Deluxes so maybe it won't be too much more than a family suite at Pop. I think we paid a little under $200 per night for a woods view (upgraded to courtyard) with a AAA rate.

gigi1313
08-02-2006, 11:11 AM
IWe planned on getting a family suite at Pop Century

there are no FAMILY SUITES at Pop Century! the only Family Suites right now are at All Star Music... Pop Century does, however, have connecting rooms w/either 2 dbl/2dbl combo or 1king/2dbl combo but no kitchenettes...

ducknbutch
08-02-2006, 06:34 PM
You risk staying next door to Pop kids unless you stay at a deluxe. If they need the room, they will put kids In PC.

Maybe I don't realize how bad it gets with the POP kids running around. At this point I'm having a good laugh because I'm picturing all these feral kids running around, foaming at the mouths, flinging poo on each other, eating/wearing their food and grunting & screaming instead of speaking.

:rotfl2: