PDA

View Full Version : Best Value Resort

PLUTO2
08-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Hello. I've tried to do a search for this but keep getting an error screen so I apologize if this is a repeat question. What do you feel is the best out of the 4 value resorts?Thank you. :wave2:

spiceycat
08-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I found the last poll and moved it up for you.

favorite value resort

PLUTO2
08-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Thank you :thumbsup2

I Love Pluto
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Pluto2 - I love your name! Nice to know there's another Pluto lover out there!
:)

FlowersChild
08-01-2006, 11:50 PM
I like all the Value Resorts :goodvibes But I voted for Movies, because well I like that one the best :p :goodvibes

2disneycrazy
08-02-2006, 01:04 AM
I just returned from a 16 day trip. This was the first time I ever stayed on Disney property. We spent 6 days at Pop Century and 10 at Allstar Sports.

We loved Pop Century. My 6-year old nephew was upset that we had to leave Pop and go to Allstar Sports. While at Allstar Sports he kept saying that he wanted to go back to Pop and I don't blame him. Allstar Sports was clean, but it didn't have that extra Magic for us that Pop Century had.

At Pop Century we were in the 80's on the ground floor. We had room 9169 and loved it. We were close to the pool which was great. It was never noisy being on the ground floor or near the pool. We heard a toilet flushing, but it was never annoying. It wasn't that loud. The walk to the foodcourt and buses wasn't bad, not more than 5 to 6 minutes. The foodcourt was never overcrowded either.

The only thing that changed our opinion about Allstar Sports was the location of the room that we had. We were in the tennis building all the way in the back facing the woods on the third floor. The room was clean. The only thing that we really didn't like was that the water in the sink had a very strong smell. I know the water in Florida isn't great for drinking but the chlorine smell at Allstar Sports in the water was stronger at Sports than Pop Century. The walk to the foodcourt, buses and pool was far.

For my trip next year I will choose Pop Century. I would like to try Movies because we walked there one day and it looked cute. The food court at Movies seems to have more of a variety and the souvenir shop there seems to have more of a variety than Sports or Pop Century. You can buy a half gallon of milk, bagels, loaf of bread, english muffins, boxes of cereal. You couldn't get those things at Pop, except for the half gallon of milk.

The only thing you could get at Sports was the pint size containers of milk.

If I couldn't get a room at Pop and had to stay at Sports again, I would rather than stay offsite. Any value hotel beats staying offsite any day.

PLUTO2
08-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the replies. :)

PLUTO2
08-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Pluto2 - I love your name! Nice to know there's another Pluto lover out there!
:)
:teeth: