PDA

View Full Version : I AM SO BUMMED! Help me with an ASMo problem, please.

disneybound31
08-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I just got confirmation that the Fantasia pool at ASMo will be under refurb. from Sept. to Dec. right in the middle of our first family vacation with 2 little ones. :guilty: I am so sad and don't want to look at a big tent or walk to the other values pool- so inconvienent after paying for preferred room. We can't upgrade (too expensive) and really don't want to try to switch to Pop or ASsports or ASmusic. But if we had to which do you vote for? And can someone give me your best arguments for either switching or staying put? The kids would so enjoy ASMo, but LOVE to swim...Please help me decide. Is it THAT far to walk to another pool? (CM already said ASMo guests could go to other value pools) Thanks for any help :wave2:

minnie61650
08-01-2006, 02:41 PM
I just got confirmation that the Fantasia pool at ASMo will be under refurb. from Sept. to Dec. right in the middle of our first family vacation with 2 little ones. :guilty: I am so sad and don't want to look at a big tent or walk to the other values pool- so inconvienent after paying for preferred room. We can't upgrade (too expensive) and really don't want to try to switch to Pop or ASsports or ASmusic. But if we had to which do you vote for? And can someone give me your best arguments for either switching or staying put? The kids would so enjoy ASMo, but LOVE to swim...Please help me decide. Is it THAT far to walk to another pool? (CM already said ASMo guests could go to other value pools) Thanks for any help :wave2:

I am sorry to hear about the pool rehab during your vacation. :grouphug:

Usually Disney will supply shuttles to the other All Star pools if one the All Star pools is closed.

It is only about a 5 -7 minute walk to the main at All Star Music.
Just cut through the Mighty Ducks section go across melody lane and the pool is right in front of Cinema Hall. (Where the food court is.)

Here is a map of Movies. Music is at the top of the map just above the Mighty ducks section.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/allstarmovie.jpg

DisneyFreq
08-01-2006, 06:32 PM
So I'm curious to hear these arguments as well.

My daughter has been dying to go to ASMo and now not only did I manage to snag it on a deal (usually all the specially priced rooms here are gone) but my mom and grandma will be along for this trip. We've tried the other value resorts..POP being our favorite and ASMu being a value we will probably NEVER return to. I've seen that there will be ALOT of ppl at POP for our dates, many of them moves from ASMO. I wonder...will it be smarter to stay put and possibly have an emptier resort/more enjoyable experience (??) or should we try to change resorts?

Linda - How does this shuttle work? Does it pick up up front? Or do I just have to grab any bus and wait for it to make a loop??

My mom hasn't stayed on property in 10+ years and has never stayed value. My grandmother has NEVER stayed on property and with the exception of CP has NEVER eatin at a TS at WDW (we're on the free dining plan and have meals planned at Le Celliers, Ohanas, Boma's and Coral Reef). I really want this to be a special vacation. I'm not sure how important the pool is. We used it almost every day last trip (May) but absolutely 0 in Dec. It's still really warm in the first week of Oct. and I was hoping to use it AT LEAST one day (the morning we recharge before we hit MNSSHP!).

I'm just not sure what to do....!!!!

KimWDW
08-01-2006, 06:39 PM
You don't have to go to another value for their pool. ASMo has two pools. Only one will be closed. The pool by the Dalmations building (the mighty ducks pool) will be open.

traces7
08-01-2006, 08:28 PM
We decided to switch to POP since the Fantasia pool will be closed at ASMO during our trip (Oct 26-Oct 31). I debated back and forth and finally decided to switch, even though this is our first trip and we really wanted ASMO. POP looks kind of neat too, they have neat pools and fountains and the lake looks nice and the buildings look cute. What really changed my mind is the comment someone made on another thread about another time the Fantasia pool was closed, the Mighty Ducks pool and ASMU pools were really crowded and murky with sunscreen - kind of turned me off! :sad2:
My DD will probably want to swim everyday. Not sure if we will though. So I still don't know if we made the right decision. :confused3 I thought later too, maybe everyone will switch and ASMO will be empty. But than again how many people don't read up on it and even know that the pool will even be closed??? I wouldn't have known without DIS! :)
Don't know if this helps any! :goodvibes

Dopey's twin Dippy
08-01-2006, 10:18 PM
i said in another post, i would prob. stay at the movies instead of moving. there is another pool there. also ,it really is a short, 3,4min. walk to the music. i know it sounds like alot,after walking all day,but it really isnt bad at all. i really like the food court at the movies the best. but whichever, hope you guys have a great trip..........

Dopey's twin Dippy
08-01-2006, 10:19 PM
sorry i meant to put a smiley face on my post............