PDA

View Full Version : TA, or do it yourself?

Gina
08-01-2006, 03:18 PM
This is making me nuts. Now I remember why I always book our Disney trips myself! I thought I would try one of the "recommended" travel agencies this time, because I thought it would be nice to have *them* be on the constant lookout for discount codes... But I have been sitting around all the dang day, waiting for this agent to email me back so I can book it. I could have just called Disney and booked early this morning. Grrrrr...

For those of you who always do it yourselves, do you find out about codes quick enough? I know I've always seen codes here on the DIS when they come out, so is there ANY benefit to waiting to book with a travel agent??

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

-gina-

mommyintn
08-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Using a TA should be all about service, to me without the added attention and service there isn't a point. I've subscribed to the November codes thread to be on the look out for any codes for our upcoming trip, also the RSS feed from the boards is a great way to not miss anything important. Without that I wouldn't have found our $117 airfare to Orlando. :cool1:

Gina
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks for your input! Okay, stupid question time... but one I have wanted to ask for the longest, and just never remember. How does an RSS feed work?? :) If I know I can find out about any codes that are offered quickly, I will be happy to just book the trip straight through Disney like always!

-gina-

kokomos
08-01-2006, 10:03 PM
10 trips and this is my first time to use a TA. If you enjoy planning your own trip then i say do it yourself, Its hard giving up cotrol and waiting sometimes a week for an email response. I realize they are busy and im not there only client.
Ill do it myself next time.

Disney Davo
08-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I think people are posting codes soon enough on this web site but mousesavers.com updates there site daily with what ever disocutns they can find, I think they are very quick. I am a Florida resident and and Annual Passholder so that helps sometimes. I called reservations three times to get some information before I booked and the CMs were great and helpful each time. I feel much better booking all my trips myself to ensure I get the best rate possible.

Gina
08-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Waiting for the agent to email me back was making me nutso, so I went ahead and booked direct with Disney. I hated the idea of giving up control anyway, and I like being able to talk to someone at Disney if I need to -- especially since we have a lot of special-needs requests attached to our ressie. (Blind father and guide dog, both WDW vets. :) )

The DIS and Mousesavers both have never let me down before code-wise, and I'm sure this time will be no different. :)

Thanks for letting me vent earlier, and for your input!

-gina-