PDA

View Full Version : What have I gotten myself into??

kkevcamsmom
08-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I need to not read these boards...lol

I decided it would be fun to do a Girls Outing, sometime in 2009 or 2010. So I threw out an email to my family thinking maybe 5 or 6 would really want to go....WELL....

I invited:
Me--of course...lol
DD
My mom
Step MIL
MIL
SIL #1
SIL #2
SIL #3
SIL #4
SIL #5
Sis #1
Sis #2
Cousin and her 3 girls
DN #1 and her new baby
DN #2

And all thought it was a GREAT Idea....lol We have decided to spilt the costs of the hotel or villa and everyone covers their own meals, fights, and tickets.

So now...is there anywhere we could all staying in one place or would we need several adjoining rooms? As of right now we are numbering 19. I would plan on taking advantage of the Grand Gathering too.

HELP!!!! I only have 3 yrs to plan....lol

Lori

beeayekay
08-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I invited:
Me--of course...lol
DD
My mom
Step MIL
MIL
SIL #1
SIL #2
SIL #3
SIL #4
SIL #5
Sis #1
Sis #2
Cousin and her 3 girls
DN #1 and her new baby
DN #2

everyone covers their own meals, fights, and tickets.

Lori

I hope you meant FLIGHTS, but with all those women.......

Good Luck in planning!!

kkevcamsmom
08-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I hope you meant FLIGHTS, but with all those women.......

Good Luck in planning!!

HAHAHA!!!! too funny, I even did a preview! Well my MIL is wanting to go so I am sure there will be a fight at some point with her and her DD. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lori

beachblanket
08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Unless I'm missing something, the largest accomodations at WDW (in terms of number of guests they can hold) are the three-bedroom grand villas at some of the DVC resorts, which can take care of a party of up to 12 plus an infant in a crib (layout of the ones at the Boardwalk are below; they're nice, have a full kitchen, three baths, etc). They aren't cheap, generally starting at around $1,300 a night; albeit that isn't necessarily so bad if a good number of the 12 in the villa are adults who are dividing the cost.

http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_Disney_World_Resorts/_ResortAssets/BoardWalk_Villas/Disney_BoardWalk_Villas_Grand_Villa_small.gif

Whatever, you're not going to be able to put your whole party into a single "space" if it ends up being 19.

Race the Reaper
08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
20 women party: ..................in the same hotel :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ......................for what length of time?
Are you sure this is a good idea? :rolleyes1

5 or 6, I can see but that many? Can you imagine the ADRs? :crazy: How about trying to keep everyone happy? Do all these other women you invited know how many are interested?

This is one trip report I would pay $$$$$ to read about! popcorn:: :surfweb: Go for it!!!!!! :thumbsup2

lovemickeyshouse
08-01-2006, 12:09 PM
hey can i come with you all 1 man and bunch of women sounds like fun :cool1:

cooper1204
08-01-2006, 12:38 PM
the grand villas at the DVC resorts do have the largest rooms - try renting points from a DVC owner (you can get the room for less the booking the room directly through disney)...DVC resorts also have studio, 1 BR, and 2BR sized rooms are are located at Wilderness Villas, OKW, SSR, Beach Club and Boardwalk....

kkevcamsmom
08-01-2006, 02:28 PM
20 women party: ..................in the same hotel :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ......................for what length of time?

5 or 6, I can see but that many? Can you imagine the ADRs? :crazy: How about trying to keep everyone happy? Do all these other women you invited know how many are interested?

This is one trip report I would pay $$$$$ to read about! popcorn:: :surfweb: Go for it!!!!!! :thumbsup2

The funny part is everyone gets along! Except for my MIL, she's...well.. :maleficen

She's already saying that if StepMIL comes she wont and all I said back was "We will miss you" I don't play into her games... maybe that's why it took her 10 years to 'Kind of like you"... lol (I have been married to her son for 16 yrs now)

My family is strange as we all get along...lol We may have to split the rooms/villa's with the drinkers on one side and the non drinkers on the other....lol

If there are any good fights I promise to post photos...lol

I am sure when it comes right down to it, the costs and all that, the actual numbers will be a lot smaller. Which would work better for ADR'S

Lori

Race the Reaper
08-01-2006, 04:24 PM
If there are any good fights I promise to post photos...lol

Lori

:thumbsup2 :happytv: :cheer2: :woohoo: popcorn:: :stir: :surfweb: :rolleyes1

Keep us updated with the planning! I'm sure it will make for interesting reading! :surfweb:

PlutosFriend
08-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Wow that is a large bunch, but I bet it could be really fun! I would look into renting a pool home :) Just out of curiousity, do you think you would all hang together when going to the parks, or split up? I can't wait to do a girls trip someday at WDW :)

Dizneydaz
08-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow-that's a huge group. If you can pull it off you're a better person than I am. Recently, we have our largest group (Me46, DD6, DM66, DS45, DS48-first time, and
DN(iece) DL CM) 5 adults and 1 child-all girls. For the most part we got along with the exception of myself and my younger sister (we are way too close in age!). We simply cannot drive together in the same vehicle for any length of time. We snipe at each other and even though I try to stop, she just yanks my chain! She doesn't like the way I drive and I hate the way she does. She also has to stop to have a cigarette-way too often.

Luckily we had rented 2 vehicles (yes it was an added expense, but divided 4 ways it wasn't too bad) and we drove both of them everywhere with one exception. Early on in the trip we drove to Kennedy Space Center to see a rocket launch. We saw it (it was great-we only waited about 1-1/2 hrs.) but the problem was heading back to WDW. We couldn't find a restroom (we had to pee so bad) and it took awhile to find a restaurant too! We really missed our So Cal freeways with conveniences at almost every exit. Anyway, we argued about where to go and it was very un-magical. :sad2: I was driving and of course she thought she knew where to go-lol!

Other than the driving, we got along fine but I can't imagine doing it with 19! 19 different opinions about where to stay, how much to pay, where to eat, making ADR, what parks on what days, and dividing shared costs 19/ways. Sounds complicated but more power to you if you can do it! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read your reports.

ConcKahuna
08-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Get 3 cabins at FW. They each sleep 6. Then you'll have an excuse to leave the MIL at home!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :dance3:

beachblanket
08-02-2006, 08:40 AM
the grand villas at the DVC resorts do have the largest rooms - try renting points from a DVC owner (you can get the room for less the booking the room directly through disney)...

A lot less.

I'm a DVC owner (at the Boardwalk). The given "going rate" to rent points there is curently about $10 per. To get a sense of the starting level of expense, the points required for a grand villa there during the "cheapest" period of the year (January, September and early December) is 74 per weekday evening, 94 for weekend, or about 558 points a week.

That works out to $5,580 to rent the villa for week from a member. If you booked the same villa directly through Disney, it would run about $9,000!!!! :scared1:

kkevcamsmom
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
A lot less.

I'm a DVC owner (at the Boardwalk). The given "going rate" to rent points there is curently about $10 per. To get a sense of the starting level of expense, the points required for a grand villa there during the "cheapest" period of the year (January, September and early December) is 74 per weekday evening, 94 for weekend, or about 558 points a week.

That works out to $5,580 to rent the villa for week from a member. If you booked the same villa directly through Disney, it would run about $9,000!!!! :scared1:

Thanks for the info, I was wondering how buying points works. $5,580 is a lot better than $9,000 even split between 19 people. I am assuming, even though everyone is gung ho on going when it comes down to it there won't be 19 of us going.

Lori

DiznEeyore
08-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Sounds like it will be a fun (and interesting LOL!) trip! :)

I just wanted to remind you that if you are indeed looking into a grand villa, you'll want to make sure you're ready 11 months out. That's when owners can make reservations, and those grand villas go fast! You'll want to be able to jump on that booking window as soon as it opens.

Have fun planning! The largest group I've ever planned for was 7!!

Devil_Dog99
08-02-2006, 12:36 PM

My only question about 20 women in the same group at one hotel - will it make the Pop Warner playoffs look tame by comparison????? :crazy:

Race the Reaper
08-02-2006, 02:31 PM
My only question about 20 women in the same group at one hotel - will it make the Pop Warner playoffs look tame by comparison????? :crazy:

Pop Warner are nothing compared to the cheerleaders!

Start the planning!!!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

pezheadmeg
08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Pop Warner are nothing compared to the cheerleaders!

Start the planning!!!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

I've been there with the cheerleaders. It was nothing but pure entertainment. :cheer2:

What about a block of rooms? 12 women and 3 bathrooms just doesn't seem like enough. :banana:

Race the Reaper
08-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I've been there with the cheerleaders. It was nothing but pure entertainment. :cheer2:

What about a block of rooms? 12 women and 3 bathrooms just doesn't seem like enough. :banana:

I forgot about the bathrooms!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Let's see..........20 women...........3 bathrooms............and the chances are that 3 or 4 of them will be PMSing.............When ya going? I'm gonna follow and watch!

lovemickeyshouse
08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
lol alot of peein in the tub goin on haha

Patti Q
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
OKW is less points than BWV & is bigger. We went last year with our college age children and their friends. There were 8 of us. We had a great time.

Race the Reaper
08-07-2006, 04:49 PM
I want an update on how the planning is going! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

kkevcamsmom
08-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I want an update on how the planning is going! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Planing is at a stand still for now since we are not planning on going until 2009 or 2010. So far three have already backed out though, got caught up in the moment, then looked on Disney.com for prices and about :faint:

Just as I thought, by the time it is actually trip time I am figuring a small group of 10 or 12 and that is guessing high.

Thanks for asking though :)

Lori

Race the Reaper
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Planing is at a stand still for now since we are not planning on going until 2009 or 2010. So far three have already backed out though, got caught up in the moment, then looked on Disney.com for prices and about :faint:

Just as I thought, by the time it is actually trip time I am figuring a small group of 10 or 12 and that is guessing high.

Thanks for asking though :)

Lori

I figured on some backing out. Common sense says prices will be even higher in '09 or '10. Keep us updated tho. Sounds to me like you are going to have the most women ever on a WDW trip. :thumbsup2

TwingleMum
08-07-2006, 05:44 PM
I would consider renting two 2 bdr at a DVC resort, it gives you a much wider choice and each 2 bdr sleeps 8 and has 2 full baths . Thats 4 bathrooms. You can request they be next to each other. But still keep certain people separated. :rotfl:

Darian
08-07-2006, 08:39 PM
The way to seperate those who are really going to go from those who will only talk about it and back out at the last moment is to start taking deposits when you are a couple years out. Unless you'll be renting points, you'll be able to send the cash directly to disney and pay down your debt over time. By breaking it up into little payments you have less of a chance of people backing out. Be sure and keep accurate track of who has paid what.