PDA

View Full Version : How long for ressie confirmation packets?

PrincessV
08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I booked online July 13th and receieved an email confirmation, but not the nice packet with all the resort/food/activities details in the mail. What's the average lag time been for everyone else?

sistertrip
08-01-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but a few weeks after I made my final payment we received the little travel package with our luggage tags, planet hollywood voucher, etc. We received our magical express tags about a week before that.

PrincessV
08-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Hmmm... mine is a room-only res, so no additional payments are due until we check in. But, in the past, I've always gotten a paper confirmation in the mail that lists the hotel, check in/out times, restaurants on property, etc. Last year, I got a beautiful packet that held the confirmation letter plus personalized information based on the ages & interests I specified in my online reservation. I thought it came a week after I booked.

tammy1210
08-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I booked through AAA and within a week had a great package with brochures, suggestions, etc...and our receipt.

Denise Thies
08-01-2006, 11:28 AM
I booked through AAA and they said the packet with luggage tags and info usually comes 4 weeks before the trip. :banana:

LaDonna
08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
I made my last payment July 7 and haven't received mine yet either. I did last year receive the packet about 40 days prior to my trip. Right now I only have 33 days till our trip. I thought they sent them out as soon as the 45 day mark hit?

zookeeper
08-01-2006, 02:41 PM
I've read in quite a few threads where people aren't getting their luggage tags,etc. as quickly as they have in the past. We are 25 days out and still haven't received ours. We got our ME stuff a while ago.

disney09
08-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I paid in full a month ago, I reserved directly with Disney. Called yesterday and they told me I will receive the information (?) 30 days before my trip. A month ago they told I wouldn't receive nothing but the confirmation, since everything else will be delivered at check-in.
So no idea. :guilty:

LaDonna
08-01-2006, 03:05 PM
so weird just got mine in the mail today! I'm glad I noticed under Special Instructions they included what I wrote when I booked my package..."It's our 10 yr anniversary! ! " So maybe we'll have some pixie dust thrown our way :rolleyes1

Also got the one voucher for a Planet Hollywood Meal and got a Planet Hollywood Merchandise Voucher for a free souvenir...doesn't say you have to buy anything? And also for a Disney Photo Pass...what is that?

PrincessV
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay, after combining all of this information with my prior history with the Ways of the Mouse, I've come to this conclusion:
They must wait till the 30 day mark to send the info. packets. Which makes sense, really, knwoing how often WDW changes things. Gonna be a long wait till Nov. 1 though.

brat5063
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
We are 32 days out. Yippie. We got our ME tags about 5 days ago. Don't know what else is left. I have read about people getting luggage tags, we haven't gotten any of that stuff.