PDA

View Full Version : Trading Question

Briar__Rose
07-31-2006, 12:08 AM
I am somewhat new to the trading world, so I was hoping to find an honest answer to my question...

In addition to a gold princess skirt, how many more VMK items (and of what value) would I normally have to trade in order to acquire a full blue dress? Could someone also please list a few examples of these items?

I am fairly new, so I have trouble recognizing what is rare, semi-rare, etc. I just need a general idea, since I know offering the skirt alone is probably not an equal, fair trade. And if someone could link me to a thread that lists rare items, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :)

LoriR
07-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Hopefully someone can give you an idea of what you might need to offer for one, I would say it is the most rare of the three colors. Pink, the least rare, has been sold twice. Gold was sold twice also but it's debut was very early in the game when there were not many players around. Blue has only been on sale one time.

Briar__Rose
08-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks for your help, LoriR! I'm still looking for others' input, so bumpity bump bump! :)

LisaInNc
08-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I am somewhat new to the trading world, so I was hoping to find an honest answer to my question...

In addition to a gold princess skirt, how many more VMK items (and of what value) would I normally have to trade in order to acquire a full blue dress? Could someone also please list a few examples of these items?

I am fairly new, so I have trouble recognizing what is rare, semi-rare, etc. I just need a general idea, since I know offering the skirt alone is probably not an equal, fair trade. And if someone could link me to a thread that lists rare items, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Every trade is subjective. What I want for a blue dress is probably going to be different from someone else.

I can tell you what is hot in trading right now:
cowboy and haunted costumes
stitch and sparrow
the new pirate quest stuff
the pirate quest that is retired, fire window being the most popular out of that group
Christmas and Halloween items
Haunted clock

The Blue dress is the most rare and also the most requested. It always was from the day after it was sold. The Pink still isn't rare, if you have it hang on to it for a few months it probably will be.

So to make your trade you have to find someone that needs a yellow princess skirt AND is willing to trade their blue dress. You might be better doing 2 trades. First find someone that wants to trade a blue dress, and make that trade. Then try to trade the yellow skirt for some of the items you traded for the blue dress.

I can't give you a set list but my best trading rule is to find out what the other person likes or needs and then make them an offer they like. When I ask for something in a trade and the person says "offer", it is like finding a needle in a haystack. With so many rare items, costumes and pins it is like trying to read their mind. Most times they kind of know what they want but don't tell you hoping you will offer more. Make sense?

I won't just guess. I ask them a few questions about what they like and then I put up items they will enjoy and ask them to tell me what the list the best.

So there isn't one magic item that will get you a blue dress. Since you are new and you were already gifted a pink dress I say you are pretty lucky already with a little patience and that means time, you should be able to get a blue one. We waited months between the release of the yellow dress to the release of the blue dress last year so you might need a little patience too!

awesomehauntedboy5
08-01-2006, 08:57 AM
i just wish all costumes could be his/her i want a dress!!