PDA

View Full Version : Trading Terms...

VirtuallyMe
07-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I've noticed many people get confused about some of the terms in the games and some of the phrases used in trading... so I thought I would start a thread for others to post some different terms commonly used in trade that you may see incorrectly listed.

I'll add to this post so that terms will be easy to find- as others add to them as well- feel free to make any corrections/additions to terms I may post too:

Beta: an item is considered "beta" if it was available ONLY during the beta testing stage of the game. Items released after the official VMK opening day in July of 2005 are not and beta even if only around for a day. Some examples of Beta items are: red crate, red tent, Orange Tomorrowland 8/9 pin

Retired any item that is no longer available through in game purchase or by completing a quest. Examples of retired items are the weekend purchase pins, special event items, and many of the costumes.

Re-released Items that were once retired/beta that are released again for a short time. If the item was once a beta item and is re-released then it is no longer considered "beta" (example is blue haunted mansion furniture, pink slipper seat, blue rocket). Many items have been "re-released" and are usually sold at greater cost than originally sold- this helps them to retain some value but all "re-released" items do go down some in value.

Quest Those items obtained by completing a set of questions/actions. Most use this term in referring to the "park" quest items obtained by going to VMK central with completed quests forms, but now with the In Game Quest- it is often important to remember the difference. Many Quest items- both Park and In-game- are now retired and hold greater value than others.

Buyable those items that you can currently purchase in the game in any of the shops available. These are the only items with a "set" value.

Freebies those items that can be obtained through codes by playing mini games on other sites- these are the Kellog room codes, Narnia codes, Everest codes, Pink Monster Doors, Pirates of the Carribean 2 codes. With the exception of the Jack Sparrow Costume (and to a lesser extent the Narnia teleporters)most of these carry little or no value in trades- except to the few people who can not get these themselves. It is important to remember though that the Buzz Cup, Galleon Ship pieces, and Tomorrowland Game Prizes (space mountain room, space suit, and dive suit) do carry a greater value due to skill level required to get those codes and should not really be considered freebies- although they meet the description.

Shopping Spree this is an offer to purchase currently buyable items for the trader those items he/she wants up to a certain amount of credits.

Trading Credits means an offer of credits given either through a quest machine or by trading items that resell for the value of credits offered. This method is frowned upon by staff but no measure to stop it have been done. Special precautions must be taken when using Quest Machines to exchange credits to someone- since others could open and complete the quest as well. You should also only do this with people you trust as there is no way to make sure the full exchange (item for credits or vice versa) will occur

Ok there is my list for now- please feel free to add to or offer corrections to some of the terms I posted...

AdioSkater
07-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the list virtual! I have noticed many people confusing these items. Thanks!

disvillain1
07-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Now all we need is something about bumps and double posting. I'd make a thread like that, but I just got up and I'm too tired.

:surfweb:

VirtuallyMe
07-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Now all we need is something about bumps and double posting. I'd make a thread like that, but I just got up and I'm too tired.

:surfweb:

Actually I think they have that somewhere- that it is bad form to double post- but at times acceptable if replying to two different people for instance- and you should only bump your trade thread 2 times a day...

Pirate-Emery
07-29-2006, 11:03 AM
And I've noticed this recently: make it clear that you WANT something and that you don't indeed have it. There was a big "Room Codes for Trade" thread a week or so ago where it was unclear that it was the thread creator that wanted the codes. Very confusing... (Opening post was: "show your offers")

As you'd guess, plenty of folks came into the thread wondering which rooms the starter was offering.

Also, if you are secretly pining for something but don't want to type it into your trade, type it already! There are times where people make all these offers but the starter shoots them all down with disgust (because he/she did not set the parameters of the wishlist). I know I am guilty of this sometimes, but I hope I'm getting better.

VirtuallyMe
07-30-2006, 12:06 AM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

VirtuallyMe
07-30-2006, 06:53 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Maleficent2
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Great Thread Me I am going to add it to the TradeGuidelines if you do not mind?

We have noticed alot of trading of free items lately and let them slip because alot of people we offering to trade for them and those offering were expierced traders so we knew they were not going to get scammed.

VirtuallyMe
07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Add away- by all means-

With my own trade thread going I've been reading lots of other trade threads just to see how people are trading and what they are trading- and saw a lot of confusion over some terms-

I saw one place where just because a person labeled items as beta that others took their word- even though some of the items had been recently available but all were retired...

I guess I started to make people more aware of somethings- so putting the info in the guide would be great

Maleficent2
07-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I put it in the trading guidelines guide at the top of the trade board.

Anyone can check the VMK items list in the Players Guide for Beta I updated it this week-end and all Beta is now Bold Magenta .

Mal