PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Costumes

mtblujeans
07-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Halloween will be here before we know it and I thought this would be a good place to post costume pattern and idea links and ask questions about sewing them.

Family Fun (http://familyfun.go.com/parties/holiday/specialfeature/pulldown_fairies_sf/) has all sorts of fairy ideas that are really cute!

BuzzBelleMom
07-28-2006, 10:36 PM
DD will probably be Ariel in her wedding gown. I have six or seven costumes to make in 16 weeks before we go to WDW. Whatever is done by Halloween can be worn. :)

Question: does anyone know how to make Prince Charming? I was thinking of taking Captain Hooks jacket and make it white. DS wants to be a prince, so far.

Do you think it would work?

mtblujeans
07-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I think that sounds like a great idea! I can't get over how organized you are!! :banana:

BuzzBelleMom
07-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I think that sounds like a great idea! I can't get over how organized you are!! :banana:

Thanks. I have to be. :) DD refuses to wear any scratchy material of which tulle tops the list. She managed to rip out two Disney gowns by tugging at the waist and tripping on the hem, so it is just easier to make them. Cotton is much softer and washes better. Belle, however, has to be satin-like.

And DS has stated that if she get handmade costumes, so does he. I draw the line at Buzz, however.

BuzzBelleMom
08-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Belle's gown just needs the zipper, collar sewn on (you know, that piece that goes right above the bust) and covered buttons or roses on the drape and she is done!!! I even won the battle with the pointed waist after two attempts!

( I cheated, I had cut her out in June, but then company came.)

I am thinking Pink Aurora is next. She is half cut out.

BuzzBelleMom
08-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Now that Belle is done (except for the rose decorations), I have begun pink Aurora.

She has 16 sections to her skirt. It calls for 2 skirts. I will do that for the pink, but not so sure about the blue.

Anyone else make that pattern?

bianca
08-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I've made the Aurora dress. The skirt turns out absolutely beautiful if you make sure to put horsehair braid in the hem ...... really made a difference. The other thing that I made sure to do, was put the wire in the collar to make it stand up. Without that, the dress lost all of its' appeal. I also added opal sequins all around the neck edge .... gave it a little somethin' somethin'. I'm sure that no matter what you do, your daughter will be happy that you put the extra effort into her costume!

BuzzBelleMom
08-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I actually made 2 of them last year for my dear friend's daughters for their trip to WDW. I did do the horsehair (actually, it may have been cording), but decided against the wire. My friend didn't want it to come out at any time in the future.

How did you get the jewels to stay on?

BuzzBelleMom
08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I've made the Aurora dress. The skirt turns out absolutely beautiful if you make sure to put horsehair braid in the hem ...... really made a difference. The other thing that I made sure to do, was put the wire in the collar to make it stand up. Without that, the dress lost all of its' appeal. I also added opal sequins all around the neck edge .... gave it a little somethin' somethin'. I'm sure that no matter what you do, your daughter will be happy that you put the extra effort into her costume!

Bianca,

You are a life saver! I am using Barouqe satin on this dress, the others were cotton. I had to run out and buy the horsehair. It is now doable. Thanks so much! It was so frustrating to try to do the cord with satin. It worked so well with the cotton, that I just assumed it would be fine.

Of course, I also have lost my piping foot, so that could be part of it. I love the horsehair braid.

Thanks a million!

BTW:Which wire did you use for the collar?

bianca
08-25-2006, 03:00 PM
I can't really give you a specific for what kind of wire it is. It was somewhat larger than a pipe cleaner and I doubled it over on itself ...... if that helps. I'm married to an Electrical Engineer, so I usually can find just the right thing by scrounging around in his workroom!

BuzzBelleMom
08-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. My husband is a Sytems Architect, so he fixes all my computer problems. The only wire we have here is for jewelry!

rcraw45425
08-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi, I hate to horn in on this thread but I have costume related question: I have my pattern for my girls (pirates). I plan to use the same pattern for but of them with a few modifications. My complaint is the cheap tissue paper patterns. Have any of you ironed patterns to the fusable lightweight interfacing to keep them from tearing? I'm thinking of trying this this afternoon. My new machine came on Thursday and I'm dying to try it out :)

BuzzBelleMom
08-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Nope, never tried that (interfacing ironed to the pattern. Great idea! Guess I am just used to how the patterns are. Though, now that I think about it. My mom used to trace her most-used patterns onto butcher paper, safeguarding the originals.

Let us know how it works. And good luck with the Pirate pattern.

rcraw45425
08-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Well, older DD decided not to be a pirate so I decided against all the extra time to iron the pattern onto interfacing. I started on the costume on Sunday, so far I have the pants, vest, and shirt completed. Concidering that I have no real sewing experience, this is major for me. :lmao: I am proud of myself, the pants are the fake distressed leather, as is the vest (lined with red satin) and the shirt is cream muslin. I have to say I have nothing but respect for professional seamstresses now, shirts and pants are a real pain! My only regret so far is that I didn't put chain or something in the back of the vest to weigh it down so that it lays better. Now all I have to do is make the scarf and sash for her, then on to a poodle skirt for the older DD. :rolleyes:

BuzzBelleMom
08-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Sounds wonderful! I hit a stumbling block with the Aurora pink bodice, the outside material is too scratchy for my little princess and now I have to hand-sew all the seams to one side. :crazy:

What is your older daughter going to be?

rcraw45425
08-30-2006, 12:28 PM
She decided on a bobby soxer, so I'm about to cut out the poodle skirt. I got off really easy there, the pattern gave all the pieces to make the poodle, butI actually found the exact applique from Wrights, already made. Whew! I just got my new machine last Thursday, I'm still learning all the bells and whistles, I'm not sure about sewing the applique on, the lady in the fabric dept. at Wal-Mart told me to use that fabric glue. This will also be my first zipper, although I also bought pink velcro in case I have to improvise. :) I feel your pain about the "itchies". I'm so glad I found the distressed leather looking fabric at Wal-Mart. DD had originally picked out a brown gabardine blend at Hancock. I started the costume using the adult size, the lady at Hobby Lobby told me that patterns run so much off that the kids (4-8) would be too small for her. Well, guess what? The ladies small looked too big for me when I stitched up the pants. So, back to the drawing board. The size 8 worked perfect. My only problem was with the shirt cuffs, so I simply put elastic instead. The pirate is finished now (yippee) so my biggest challenge is behind me. I wish I could post a picture here of it, but alas, I have no clue how to do so.

BuzzBelleMom
08-30-2006, 10:01 PM
The lady from Hobby Lobby and I must use different patterns. I have found them to run to the large size. DD takes about a size 12 with store bought and I easily make her about an 8 when I sew. In fact, one of her favorite designs is a size 6 that I just have to lengthen.

In fact, the 2 Auroras I made size 8 and they are looking rather, shall we say, roomy.

As for posting, I always have to have DH do it for me.

rcraw45425
08-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, I found out that Simplicity and McCalls run different :( The poodle skirt, made at a size 14 (DD wears a 12) was too small when I put in the waistband and zipper. I started trying to "rip" out the band and the fleece/felt started tearing. It now has an elastic waistband and is the perfect length! The store was out of pink felt so a lady there convinced me to use the felt/fleece that you use for blanket sleepers and robes. No need to hem, which is great wit hall that fullness.

BuzzBelleMom
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM
I am so sorry that happened to you! Was it the Mc Calls'? I almost always use Simplicity, but had to buy a Butterick for DS's prince costume and am wondering how that will run. Butterick is part of McCall's (I think).

What does your daughter think of the skirt?

rcraw45425
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
She is thrilled with the skirt, I still have to glue on the applique, the "leash" and the "collar". I'm not skilled enugh to attempt to sew the poodle on. The pirate one for Amy (younger DD, 9) is the McCalls one, the instructions seemed a bit strange (the way they put the pants together) but it came in true to size. I"m getting a little more confident now, went back to Hancock's this morning and bought more "stuff". They have a big sale through the holiday, McCalls patterns are 0.99 each, a real bargain! Now we are going to costume the dog :lmao:

Fionasmommy
09-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Great thread! We leave for WDW in just under a month - :banana: - and I have two costumes to sew before then. We're going to do MNSSHP twice, and DD wants to be a fruit bat and Cinderella. I have the patterns for both, so now I need to get to work!

BuzzBelleMom
09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Cinderella is the only princess DD doesn't want to be! Although she does like the looks of the choker that Cindy wears.

What are you going to make it out of?

Fionasmommy
09-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Cinderella is the only princess DD doesn't want to be! Although she does like the looks of the choker that Cindy wears.

What are you going to make it out of?

It was really hard to find the right color in a nice, dressy fabric! I ended up finding a nice silk taffeta for the blue. I can't decide about the contrasting fabric, though. Maybe a brocade?

BuzzBelleMom
09-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Blue brocade would look great! I am using cotton and baroque satin for most of DD's costumes.

The pink Aurora with the silver threads has to have the sleeves taken out. With the lining, poor DD can barely move her arms. I am not going to line the sleeves of the blue Aurora.

TheDshow
09-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know where I might find a pattern for an adult Snow White costume? I would love to make my own.

BuzzBelleMom
09-21-2006, 11:14 PM
I think I saw one at Joann's. I will check tomorrow and let you know.

BuzzBelleMom
09-26-2006, 04:21 PM
The Adult Snow White Costume is by McCall's and is #2856. You will probably have to tweak it (it has lacing on the front, sort of like her well costume.)

HTH

asktriplets
09-29-2006, 10:07 PM
hi.

i think i remember a while back (perhaps a year or more now) someone posted a link to an easy Wendy Darling costume pattern. has anyone seen a pattern lately? i've seen some things from butterick's/mccall's that could be modified, but nothing that looks exactly like the dress from the movie.

i saw that there are a few Wendy costumes for sale on ebay. i was thinking they were crazily expensive for a preschooler's costume, but after adding up the potential cost for a pattern, satin(ish) fabric, ribbon,etc., i'm guessing the cost to make the dress will be upwards of $30-40, anyway. does that sound about right? (i'm not the sewer, my mom is...i'm just trying to get stuff lined up for her).

thanks for any ideas!

BuzzBelleMom
09-30-2006, 07:31 AM
No, it wouldn't be that expensive if you :

a) bought the pattern when they are like a dollar or two (you need to watch for sales)
b) bought the material with a coupon or on sale. 40% off can really help
c) you probably only need 2-3 yards for a little girl

To give you an example, I am making Ariel's wedding dress for DD. It requires 6 yards. I found some shiny white lining for $1/yard. I got ribbon on sale. The most expensive part are the Hotfix rhinestones we decided to go with because I spent less than $10 on the dress. I got the pattern when it was $1 during a sale at Hobby Lobby.

And besides, some of those store costumes are out of cheap, flimsy material.

HTH

rcraw45425
09-30-2006, 07:54 PM
I finally managed to take pictures of the girls' costumes:

this is Amy
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/rcraw45425/September06011.jpg

this is Kelly
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/rcraw45425/September06008.jpg

Sorry it took so long, I wound up in the ER last night with high blood pressure issues four days before we leave for Orlando. Everything is okay now, I'm just thankful that the costumes are complete!

BuzzBelleMom
09-30-2006, 08:29 PM
They look great! You take care of yourself and have a blast in Orlando. Let us know how everything went!

rcraw45425
09-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks a bunch. I did learn an important lesson: migraine meds and moderate hypertension (even under control like mine is) sometimes don't go together. I think My BP may have been elevated a bit, causing the headache. I took an Imitrex (never again!) and that's when everything went wacky. I'm still trying today to get back to normal. They gave me a version of the migraine shot (phenergan andNubaine), along with a beta blocker and clonadine to bring the BP down. Then after the head CT they gave me a Vicodin. Offered to sent me home with morphine (ha, ha, very funny, I'm a mom that has to function people), which I refused. 24 hours later, I'm just now starting to feel like myself. I'm too old for all those drugs!

BuzzBelleMom
10-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Glad you are feeling better. Yikes, what a bad combination.

And why do doctors always assume that moms can take drugs that knock them on their butts? I had a doctor prescribe an allergy med that might cause sleepiness. I took one and woke up 18 hours later....

Are you packed and ready to go?

rcraw45425
10-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Nope, nowhere near ready. But that's typical. Jeff's working till 8 tonight, the girls and I are about to start commando cleaning then we'll pack today and tomorrow.

BuzzBelleMom
10-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Nope, nowhere near ready. But that's typical. Jeff's working till 8 tonight, the girls and I are about to start commando cleaning then we'll pack today and tomorrow.

:rotfl:

And I am in full-blown panic mode with 48 days to go!

Of course, if I didn't have 6 more costumes to make, I might be doing better. DS has decided he needs both Prince Charming and Prince Phillip, as well as Captain Hook and Peter Pan.

If, after seeing Little Mermaid, he wants to be Prince Eric, I shall go mad! (He thinks that if he dresses like their prince, he will get more kisses from each princess. He is only 5....)

Good luck with the packing! :)

BuzzBelleMom
10-03-2006, 04:58 PM
As of 90 minutes ago, I am not quite half-way through the costume list :Pinkbounc

Finished:

Belle Ball Gown
Sleeping Beauty Pink
Sleeping Beauty Blue
Ariel Wedding Gown

To do:
Jedi (brown)
Prince Phillip
Prince Charming
Captain Hook
Peter Pan (maybe)
Dorothy

Will post photos later.

rcraw45425
10-08-2006, 08:10 PM
tonight, about 7PM. Sad to say that they must have done away with the costume contest, we didn't see any party goers riding the floats at all. :( Good new though, Jack Sparrow himself eyed DD during the late parade and played up to her something fierce. Primping, prancing and waving up a storm. Luckily Jeff got it on video, because we had two grown "Minnie Mouses (Mice?)" from Japan in front of us that kept jumping up and down and waving and screaming to the point where every photo I took of the parade has a Minnie sleeve in it!

BuzzBelleMom
10-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Glad you are back! Sorry about the contest. As for the Mice Sleeves, I am so short, I get people's heads in my photos!

Grandmouse
10-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Asktriplets -- I remember that post on the Wendy costume. I think the OP purchased a pattern for a nightgown that was similar and just raised the waist.

I have done Ariel, pink Aurora, Alice, Belle in her librarian dress, Pocahontas, and am now working on two Jasmines for DGDs, 5 & 7. I keep putting off Cinderella and Belle in her yellow gown, and another Aurora since that one has been outgrown. I love doing these for my DGDs, but I really feel the pressure to get them done in time and do a good job. I have to keep telling myself it's only a Halloween costume, not their wedding gowns!

embsupply
10-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Great..

Greenepona
10-14-2006, 11:38 PM
I want to make an Aurora Dress, in blue for Oct 2007 MNSSHP. I have not seen an adult pattern anywhere. anyone got any ideas? :maleficen

asktriplets
10-14-2006, 11:39 PM
grandmouse and buzzbellemom....

thanks for your replies. my mom is going to be able to modify another princess dress pattern we already have, and my dd got to pick out her fabric for the wendy costume...she had SO much fun finding a light blue shimmery fabric "with tinkerbell's pixie dust already in it" (glitter), that i would have bought it REGARDLESS of the price, but it was only a few dollars a yard!

i don't recall who here was making the fruit bat costume, but, oh, i would love to see a picture!!!!!

take care,

BuzzBelleMom
11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I want to make an Aurora Dress, in blue for Oct 2007 MNSSHP. I have not seen an adult pattern anywhere. anyone got any ideas? :maleficen

Just a wild idea, but have you looked into the Medieval costume patterns? You could probably tweak one of those.

mtblujeans
09-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Martha Stewart's site offers 3 tiny creature (http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=debac137bf22f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCR D&vgnextfmt=default&rsc=dl_home03) costume instructions: a goldfish, a spring chicken, and a little lamb.

There are also 8 No-sew costume instructions (http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=eb70d0f19132f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCR D&vgnextfmt=default&rsc=dl_home03).

7 grocery getups (http://www.marthastewart.com/article/7-grocery-getups?rsc=dl_home03) for costumes you can make from things you have around the house: hula girls, cheerleader, cowboy, princesses, a knight, a flapper, and a space invader.

And 3 other kid's costumes (http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=e070d0f19132f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCR D&vgnextfmt=default&rsc=dl_home03): a spider princess, a cat girl costume, and a pumpkin costume.

mtblujeans
10-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Simplicity online (http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?page=section/classroom/sewprojects/wings/wings.cfm) shows how to make costume wings and a Halloween cape (http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?page=section/classroom/sewprojects/freecape/freecape.cfm).

SallyfromDE
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce34b3127ccebe2a040e293e00000025100AaOXDhu1ZNm Ig

Not a good picture. But Kirsta is cinderella. She was a huge hit in the parks. I had CM walking across the street to tell me it was the most origional costume they had seen in years. And guests asking where I got it so because thier daughters wanted one. I thought it was pretty simple.

SallyfromDE
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
She decided on a bobby soxer, so I'm about to cut out the poodle skirt. I got off really easy there, the pattern gave all the pieces to make the poodle, butI actually found the exact applique from Wrights, already made. Whew! I just got my new machine last Thursday, I'm still learning all the bells and whistles, I'm not sure about sewing the applique on, the lady in the fabric dept. at Wal-Mart told me to use that fabric glue. This will also be my first zipper, although I also bought pink velcro in case I have to improvise. :) I feel your pain about the "itchies". I'm so glad I found the distressed leather looking fabric at Wal-Mart. DD had originally picked out a brown gabardine blend at Hancock. I started the costume using the adult size, the lady at Hobby Lobby told me that patterns run so much off that the kids (4-8) would be too small for her. Well, guess what? The ladies small looked too big for me when I stitched up the pants. So, back to the drawing board. The size 8 worked perfect. My only problem was with the shirt cuffs, so I simply put elastic instead. The pirate is finished now (yippee) so my biggest challenge is behind me. I wish I could post a picture here of it, but alas, I have no clue how to do so.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d908b3127cceb8a38a5fb7c100000025100AaOXDhu1ZNm Ighttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d908b3127cceb8ad01d7b70f00000026100AaOXDhu1ZNm Ig

My version of the updated poodle skirt. We had dinner at 50s Prime Time. All she wanted was to show Pluto her skirt and we could never catch up to him before they closed the line off. I found a bandana with paw prints on it, and she wore that in her hair.

rcraw45425
10-18-2007, 10:25 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d908b3127cceb8a38a5fb7c100000025100AaOXDhu1ZNm Ighttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d908b3127cceb8ad01d7b70f00000026100AaOXDhu1ZNm Ig

My version of the updated poodle skirt. We had dinner at 50s Prime Time. All she wanted was to show Pluto her skirt and we could never catch up to him before they closed the line off. I found a bandana with paw prints on it, and she wore that in her hair.

This was last year:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/rcraw45425/September06011.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/rcraw45425/September06008.jpg

This year I opted not to sew, they were so up in the air I would never have had time to complete. I love the detail of your "Pluto skirt"!

SallyfromDE
10-19-2007, 09:01 AM
I love the detail of your "Pluto skirt"!

I used a coloring book picture. Then faked it as I went along. We chose grey for the skirt becuase that is the color of "Mom-mom's" skirt when she was girl. Kirsta loves the twirling skirts.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d729b3127ccebbed01fdc4c100000025100AaOXDhu1ZNm Ighttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d729b3127ccebbed01b845b400000025100AaOXDhu1ZNm Ig

Not a Halloween costume, but a costume for Disney. I'm not fond of the Tink fabric, but it was all I could get at the time. I made the petals separate and she has shorts for it to. But she is into the twirling skirts right now.

Your costumes are cute. I really like the Pirate. Kirsta is in the phase "pirates are scary". But she can do Tower of Terror without thinking twice.

rcraw45425
10-19-2007, 12:38 PM
That is so funny! Amy has been totally in love with JAck Sparrow since the first movie. We didn't see it at the theater but when it came on HBO she watched it with her Dad, I was in another room. THat became her favorite movie. She's mellowed a little now, still loves it but not quite as rabid as last year. SHe may be growing up a little bit, a new cell phone that's easier to text with is at the top of her Xmas list instead of POTC stuff. :rotfl:

Master Gracy
10-20-2007, 03:14 PM
DD will probably be Ariel in her wedding gown. I have six or seven costumes to make in 16 weeks before we go to WDW. Whatever is done by Halloween can be worn. :)

Question: does anyone know how to make Prince Charming? I was thinking of taking Captain Hooks jacket and make it white. DS wants to be a prince, so far.

Do you think it would work?

well my costume is prince charming,
I just got my material today:rotfl: .
I just picked my favorite bits off the princes outfits, and put them together.
Its a jacket like the beast's, with those shoulder things cinderella's prince had (whatever they are called:lmao: ), and some legging-ish black pants, and boots.
Im not sure how Im making a crown, I want a circlet-ish one, so I think its time for some cardboard and papier mache:rotfl:

ballle_98
10-28-2007, 09:59 AM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x78/ballle_98/disney20071010.jpg[/IMG]
Not sure these are the best pictures. I "borrowed" the idea for their costumes off eBay.
The girls are wearing super-easy-to-make black and red tutus. I made little corsets w/ coin trim and I got the Minnie ears for them @ WDW. They have the knock-off Converse shoes with red & white striped ribbon laces (used little rhinestones and Mickey shaped buttons on the sides to jazz them up). My son is wearing a pair of b & w striped shorts (I cut them jagged instead of putting in a hem). I appliqued a Mickey Pirate head to a t-shirt and he is wearing plain knock-off Converse. I really wanted a pirate Mickey hat for him w/o skulls so, I searched and finally found one on Main Street. My DH took a picture of my face when I found it, I was so happy!
Anyway, we are in Texas so, we have to pick costumes that are cool to wear. October is still very warm here.
All of your ideas are so wonderful. :goodvibes Thanks for letting me share my first homemade costumes!

MScott19
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Would anyone know where I can purchase a Pluto costume, size 16 or XS woman's?
OR where I can get a pattern for it.
Going to Disney in October and my daughter wants to be Mrs. Pluto.
Thanks!:)

Angel16
03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm going to help you renew this thread. :) I am looking for an Ariel gown, either the ball or wedding gown it would be for a 7 year old little girl.

I am willing to make one, however with everything that is currently going on in my life that may be trick. I thought there was someone who made costumes, dresses, clothing for Disney. I hope to make my dear grand daughters 7th birthday super special.

Help Please!

SallyfromDE
03-12-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2096062

Come visit and see what everyone is working on!!

Disneybrother96
02-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi so this year my little brother and sister want to be peter pan and wendy for halloween. I just can't find a patterns for them. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get some. This would be very helpful.

Thanks

Grandmouse
02-16-2012, 08:26 AM
As mentioned above, a nightgown pattern can be used for Wendy. Have you done a search of these boards? There is lots out there. There is a thread on the family board, I believe, of people who sew. Check that one out.