PDA

View Full Version : SW out of Buffalo

petbren
07-28-2006, 12:32 AM
First time flying with SW and the "cattle call" method.
Flying out of Buffalo with DH, DD8, DS10. If I print out our boarding passes 24 hours ahead,hopefully get an A pass, and have luggage to check, then what?
Where do I go to check the luggage? Do I then have to stand in line behind everyone else who has not already printed a boarding pass to check our luggage?

connorsmom911
07-28-2006, 02:59 AM
When you walk into the terminal bldg at the end on the right, Southwest check-in desks are directly in front of you. You just walk up to the screen and punch in your confirmation number and it gives you the option of reprinting your boarding pass (which you will already have) or checking luggage. You then enter in the number of bags you are checking (up to 3 per person) and the computer will print out baggage tags for the Southwest employee standing behind who will then tag your bags and you are on your way. Head to the center of the terminal and go through security, then up to your gate. If you are on an early flight, this whole process can take as little as 20 minutes or so. About 45 min or so before your flight time, there should be people milling about and starting to line up at the gate under the signs A, B, C and you can join them or just sit comfortably until they actually start boarding. They will pre-board passengers needing assistance and parents with children under 5 first, then the A line will start boarding. Then the B line, then C.

Hope that helps. I love Southwest! I will be hard pressed to ever fly out of Pearson again knowing how smooth and simple it is to fly out of Buffalo. :thumbsup2

petbren
07-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Thanks so much. :thumbsup2
That makes me feel much better.

32 Days and counting!! :cool1:

great white north
07-28-2006, 10:23 AM
You could save even more time and use the curbside check-in. It's the first kiosk when driving into the arrivals drop-off. If you are using a parking shuttle, tell the driver your flying Southwest. Will drop you off there. Show them your boarding pass and they will check your bags right there. Takes 5 mins. then proceed inside to security check,then on to the boarding area.

Have a nice trip, you will love SOUTHWEST

sammi
07-28-2006, 06:50 PM
We always do the curbside check-in and give the skycap a couple of dollars as it's well worth it to us! :sunny:

Mickey&JoshNut
07-28-2006, 08:43 PM
I too am flying out of Buffalo in September and thank you all for the information you have provided. You are making feel that I made the right choice to fly Southwest out of Buffalo.

I do have a couple of "tipping" questions, as I am also new to the "flying thing"...Do I tip the driver of the airport parking shuttle (I am planning on parking at the airport) and if I read the above posts correct, I also tip the person that does the curb side check in, right? What is the average cost per bag I should tip?

sammi
07-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Some people tip the shuttle driver (we don't typically) but we usually tip $5.00 for our bags (usually we have 2 or 3). You'll absolutely love Buffalo airport....especially when returning as everything is so close by. :banana:

Hope you all have great trips............we're heading back down this coming Oct/Nov. :thumbsup2 :sunny:

cabmom
07-28-2006, 10:01 PM
I do not tip a driver that does not help with the bags. There is a male driver that works the evening shift, we've had the misfortune of getting him a few times. He grunts at you and is not pleasant at all and will NOT help you with your bags. Most times they are pleasant and more than happy to help with your bags, those I tip. I have not tipped the curb side check in people.