PDA

View Full Version : Booking hotel

Rroo
07-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Just wondering how you booked your hotel (directly through hotel, through travel agent, internet, etc.) and what suggestions you have for finding the best price. I am looking to book for May and do not want to pay the full price right now, just a deposit. Is that possible? I also don't want to pay a hugh cancellation fee if something did come up and it became neccesary to cancel. How would you recommend I book?

Thanks a million!!

son3disfan
07-27-2006, 02:04 PM
We've booked with Disney and with CAA as well.
I prefer Caa as it comes with a few benefits. If you book ahead of time and put a deposit for one night ,
I believe they will change your res.( on request ) if the rooms become cheaper.We put a deposit for one night and were required to pay in full once we checked in. This only appies for ROOM ONLY res. I believe if you are purchasing the Magic your Way , you need to pay a few months in advance.
Hope that helps.

Rroo
07-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Sorry! I meant to specify for a non disney resort (off site).

Thanks again!!

hockey mom
07-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I book all my hotels on the internet.

Just got BIL's cousin 2 weeks at Silver lake for $604 CDN using Skyauction.
These are non-refundable though.

coastgirl
07-27-2006, 06:02 PM
We got a really good rate through hotelkingdom.com, something I heard about here, I believe. It's always a bit of a crapshoot I find unless it's a REALLY standardized national "brand". (Though we are very picky.) I've also started reading reviews at places like tripadvisor.com. They need to be taken with a grain of salt, and I've never seen any place that gets 100% good reviews, but it helps to know what the problem areas *can* be. (E.g., I can put up with worn a lot more easily than noisy...)