PDA

View Full Version : ***Jam/Jelly Exchange-Sent/Recieved-Post here***COMPLETED

mommytotwo
07-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Please check your pm boxes for your pals info. and send your exchanges out by 8/1. Delivery confirmation is requested and please pack your items well so that we do not have anything breaking along the way.
Have fun everyone and I can't wait to hear what yummy jams and jellies everyone recieves.

PixieDust32
07-26-2006, 01:12 PM
:thumbsup2

Got mine Patsy. Thanks

:yay:

kelleigh1
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Mine should be in the mail tomorrow if I can get into work early so I can stop at the post office on my way over from the train station.

mommytotwo
07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
:cool1: Good job everyone. All the names and info. have already been picked up. :thumbsup2

kelleigh1
07-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Well...I got home later than expected last night from my birthday dinner, so I didn't seal and address my package so it can't go out today. But it will definitely be in the mail by Saturday at the latest. I want to make sure it's delivered before I leave for vacation so I can hear how my pal likes it.

bobbiwoz
07-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Mine should be in the mail tomorrow if I can get into work early so I can stop at the post office on my way over from the train station.

You are quick!
Bobbi :)

mommytotwo
07-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Did anyone recieve anything yet?

mommytotwo
07-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Did anyone find some good jams/jellies today?

babytrees
07-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Me!! Me!!! I got my package today!! I kept thinking that was mighty fast Patsy!! :teeth:

I received two yummy, I am assuming, jelly/jams:

Passion fruit and
mango pineapple

Patsy also included a very cute purple mug and chocolate chip cookies...nummy!!

jwsqrdplus2
07-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Got my name and my jelly. I hope my recipient likes to try new things!!! Hopefully in the mail tomorrow, Saturday at the latest!

babytrees
07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Me!! Me!!! I got my package today!! I kept thinking that was mighty fast Patsy!! :teeth:

I received two yummy, I am assuming, jelly/jams:

Passion fruit and
mango pineapple

Patsy also included a very cute purple mug and chocolate chip cookies...nummy!!

I forgot to say thank you!! :rolleyes:

so.........

THANKS PATSY!!! :dance3:

mommytotwo
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I forgot to say thank you!! :rolleyes:

so.........

THANKS PATSY!!! :dance3:

:rotfl: You're welcome. Enjoy your morning drink in the mug, while trying the jams/jellies and cookies.

PixieDust32
07-28-2006, 12:17 AM
My order should be ready tomorrow. :cool1:

mommytotwo
07-28-2006, 10:04 AM
:sunny:

bobbiwoz
07-28-2006, 10:42 AM
I have sent mine :goodvibes

Bobbi

babytrees
07-28-2006, 12:14 PM
:rotfl: You're welcome. Enjoy your morning drink in the mug, while trying the jams/jellies and cookies.

We tried the cookies last night....YUMMY!!!

jwsqrdplus2
07-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Mine is on its way. The jellies should reach their new home sometime next week.

PixieDust32
07-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh right, I am packing mine right now, i need to put lots of bubble wrap and news paper or something, I don't want any broken jam/jelly. I'll send them tomorrow.

mommytotwo
07-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Someone else should have recieved an exchange recently-anyone?

kelleigh1
07-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Mine is going out this morning. It's all wrapped up, addressed and ready to go.

mommytotwo
07-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Reminder-Tuesday is the send by date for this exchange. :thumbsup2

PixieDust32
07-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Mail lady just picked up my box, but she told me that it might go out on Monday :confused3
I'll check the conf# later. :thumbsup2

mommytotwo
07-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Mail lady just picked up my box, but she told me that it might go out on Monday :confused3
I'll check the conf# later. :thumbsup2

No problem. :thumbsup2

FigmentLover
07-30-2006, 08:12 AM
I did all my shopping Friday, got everything needed!!!! And a little extra. I'm gonna pack everything today and run it over to the postoffice tomorrow. I purchased bubble wrap and those packing peanuts. Don't want anything to break.

Nothing as arrived here yet.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/jlpowers/Smileys/peterpan.gif

mommytotwo
07-30-2006, 12:33 PM
:thumbsup2 Just 2 days to get those exchanges out. I can't wait to hear of all the yummy flavors out there.

babytrees
07-30-2006, 12:34 PM
I did all my shopping Friday, got everything needed!!!! And a little extra. I'm gonna pack everything today and run it over to the postoffice tomorrow. I purchased bubble wrap and those packing peanuts. Don't want anything to break.

Nothing as arrived here yet.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/jlpowers/Smileys/peterpan.gif

What she said!! :lmao:

I found a bunch of jams, jellies and butters that I am now going to have to try after we finish our exchanged jellies off. Who knew this would start a new addiction?

mommytotwo
07-30-2006, 12:44 PM
What she said!! :lmao:

I found a bunch of jams, jellies and butters that I am now going to have to try after we finish our exchanged jellies off. Who knew this would start a new addiction?

LOL, I like trying new jams and jellies. Not sure if I am addicted, but I'm sure you will see this exchange again.
Maybe in Sept. or Oct. when the other fall fruits come out-when would that be for everyone? And what type of fruits/jams/jellies would you find in your area?

mommytotwo
07-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Has anyone heard from VanniGirl lately?

PixieDust32
07-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Has anyone heard from VanniGirl lately?

No. I hope she's OK!

mommytotwo
07-31-2006, 01:31 AM
::yes::, I hope that her and her husband Joe are okay.
Joe was to recieve an exchange and we have not yet heard from him yet about recieving.

kelleigh1
07-31-2006, 07:26 AM
My package was shipped off on Saturday - priority with delivery confirmation. Usually when I send anything from that particular post office, they arrive at their destination pretty quick, so we could hear about a delivery as early as tomorrow, I think.

FigmentLover
07-31-2006, 08:23 AM
I finished packing yesterday. Today, I'm off to the post office. I forgot to put a note in with my package, Oops *smacks forehead*, so I have a little note to send seperatly.

mommytotwo
07-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Just 3 more to be reported on, in being sent out.

PixieDust32
07-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh right Patsy, my confirmation showed some activity today! :thumbsup2 It should be there in a couple of days, I hope. :goodvibes

mommytotwo
07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Any arrivals or has anyone sent out their exchange today?

PixieDust32
07-31-2006, 11:33 PM
:teeth: :wizard:

mommytotwo
08-01-2006, 01:55 AM
:moped:

bobbiwoz
08-01-2006, 06:52 AM
USPS says it was delivered!!

Bobbi :banana:

kelleigh1
08-01-2006, 07:36 AM
USPS says it was delivered!!

Bobbi :banana:

Yes it was...but I didn't get home until after 9:30 last night. I did open it before I went to bed.

From Bobbi we got the following - made in Ohio:

blackberry jam
peach jam
apple butter
apple nut bread mix (I'll have to wait until after this heat wave before I turn on the oven to bake this - but I may take it to NJ for our vacation.)
banana taffy
strawberry taffy.

I'll be taking the taffy with me when we head to NJ on Friday and I may take one of the jams with me, although I haven't decided which. I can't wait to try these. I've never had peach - and I won't have to share with hubby since he doesn't really like peach. :)

Thank you Bobbi!!

VanniGirl
08-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Joe rec'd his package - thanks mommytotwo!

He rec'd a jar of guava jelly & a jar of papaya-pineapple jelly (yummy) also a pretty mug and a bag of 'ruff n' ready cookies.

Our packages are a bit delayed due to some unexpected dental surgery Joe had last week, I am very sorry to our exchange people.

bobbiwoz
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes it was...but I didn't get home until after 9:30 last night. I did open it before I went to bed.

I'll be taking the taffy with me when we head to NJ on Friday and I may take one of the jams with me, although I haven't decided which. I can't wait to try these. I've never had peach - and I won't have to share with hubby since he doesn't really like peach. :)

Thank you Bobbi!!

You are welcomed!!I'm so happy that you got them before your vacation, I remembered you mentioning that you were going. Didn't know you were going to NJ, do you like Salt Water Taffy? We like different sorts, from Wildwood, Douglas Fudge and James'.

And, yes, this heat wave is something, not good. I'm only good for sitting at home and being on the Disboards! :goodvibes

Bobbi

mommytotwo
08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
That means we may hear of some good news today :teeth: .

kelleigh1
08-01-2006, 01:15 PM
You are welcomed!!I'm so happy that you got them before your vacation, I remembered you mentioning that you were going. Didn't know you were going to NJ, do you like Salt Water Taffy? We like different sorts, from Wildwood, Douglas Fudge and James'.

And, yes, this heat wave is something, not good. I'm only good for sitting at home and being on the Disboards! :goodvibes

Bobbi

I do like taffy, although it's been a while since I've had any. I need to remember to suck on it and not try to chew it or it will irritate my back teeth with the fillings. Don't need to be pulling any of those out.

We're heading to Seaside Park. IL's rented a place down there for this week and next. They go down just about every summer, although I've never really been. (The hour we spent the weekend of my sister's first wedding doesn't count...especially since it was so long ago.)

And here's a little more irony for you...when my husband told me there was a package from Dayton, OH, I was a little confused at first because my sister used to live out in Fairborn (WPAFB). But then I realized it must be my DIS Jam!

babytrees
08-01-2006, 01:50 PM
My package left today for a not so far away destination.....priority w/ dc so shouldn't take to long.

Sorry for the delay!!

bobbiwoz
08-01-2006, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=kelleigh1...

We're heading to Seaside Park....

![/QUOTE]

WPAB and the Air Force Museum are the only reasons that many people recognize Dayton Ohio! DH and I met on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights on June 10th, 1966! I was down the shore for my sorority's Beach Week.

We are both partial to Maruca's Pizza that's on the boardwalk there.

I hope you have wonderful beach weather.

Bobbi

PixieDust32
08-01-2006, 02:48 PM
:dance3:

mommytotwo
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Any reports today?

PixieDust32
08-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Nothing here. :teeth:

PixieDust32
08-02-2006, 06:05 AM
:yay: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

mommytotwo
08-02-2006, 09:16 AM
:cloud9:

FigmentLover
08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Nothing here yet.

My packages are still somewhere in Limbo......
Hope they arrive to their new homes soon!!!

:moped:

mommytotwo
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
***Come and join us for our newest exchange-Anything in an Envelope***

mommytotwo
08-02-2006, 05:58 PM
I had recieved one of my exchanges today :cool1: .
It was from kelleigh1-Raquel. In my box, there was-
*Boston gummy lobsters
*Pumpkin butter-interesting, I have never seen this before.
*Cranberry preserves-I am going to try this one tonight.
*3 postcards-one of Boston, a postcard that has the recipe for New England clam chower, and another postcard with the recipe for Boston baked beans.

Thank you very much Raquel.
Do you have any suggestions on what to use the pumpkin butter and cranberry preserves on?

PixieDust32
08-02-2006, 08:04 PM
:wizard:

mommytotwo
08-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Here is the list of DISers who are waiting for their exchanges-
*PixieDust32
*jwsqrdplus2
*FigmentLover-2 exchanges
*bobbiwoz
*VanniGirl
*Mommytotwo-1 more exchange
*Kelleigh1

Hoping to hear of some arrivals soon.

Come and join us for the Anything in an Envelope Exchange. I wish we could send jams and jellies with this exchange also :rotfl: .

jwsqrdplus2
08-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Not sure if I am glad or sad to see my exchangee still on the list. I sent it out Friday, and it should have arrived by now. I'll admit I did not get DC, but I have never had a problem before. I hope all is well!

mommytotwo
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Not sure if I am glad or sad to see my exchangee still on the list. I sent it out Friday, and it should have arrived by now. I'll admit I did not get DC, but I have never had a problem before. I hope all is well!

It may arrive in a day or two. :wizard:

PixieDust32
08-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Mmm pumpkin butter is good, I cannot wait 'till the fall to get some. :teeth:

mommytotwo
08-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Mmm pumpkin butter is good, I cannot wait 'till the fall to get some. :teeth:

What do you use your pumpkin butter on Roxy?
I have tried passion fruit butter before-very yummy and I put that on my toast. :thumbsup2 .
There will most likely be the jam/jelly fall exchange so keep an eye out for it.

PixieDust32
08-02-2006, 10:48 PM
We used it on toast, crackers, cookies, bagels, specially DH, he loves pumpkin.

mommytotwo
08-02-2006, 11:13 PM
We used it on toast, crackers, cookies, bagels, specially DH, he loves pumpkin.

Yum, those sound all yummy. I have been wanting to eat some pumpkin pie, but this is pretty close, so I will try them on some crackers.
When will the fall jams/butters/jellies come out in your area Roxy?

kelleigh1
08-03-2006, 07:39 AM
The cranberry could be used just as any of your regular jams or jellies, but also try it on a turkey sandwich.

The pumpkin butter, honestly, I've never tried, but I'm planning on buying a jar for myself. I never knew where to buy it before, but I love pumpkin pie, so I know I'll enjoy it. I think Roxy gave you some good suggestions. Also, I'd probably try it on waffles. Seems like a good alternative to syrup.

If I thought it would ship well, I'd send you a pumpkin pie when I make them at Thanksgiving.

mommytotwo
08-03-2006, 02:05 PM
The cranberry could be used just as any of your regular jams or jellies, but also try it on a turkey sandwich.

The pumpkin butter, honestly, I've never tried, but I'm planning on buying a jar for myself. I never knew where to buy it before, but I love pumpkin pie, so I know I'll enjoy it. I think Roxy gave you some good suggestions. Also, I'd probably try it on waffles. Seems like a good alternative to syrup.

If I thought it would ship well, I'd send you a pumpkin pie when I make them at Thanksgiving.

A pumpkin pie-yum. I don't think it would arrive here in an edible condition, but that is sweet of you.
A turkey sandwich with the cranberry jelly sounds yummy.
Thank you Raquel.

jwsqrdplus2
08-03-2006, 03:12 PM
My packages are still somewhere in Limbo......
Hope they arrive to their new homes soon!!!

I *think* one of them reached its new home. I received a package from Lincoln NE today. Only a last name on the return address and no note.

In it was a jar of blueberry jam, a jar of strawberry jam and a jar of apple butter. I also received some Disney collage stickers which my 7yo tried to steal! I cannot wait to try the new flavors. I have tried blueberry syrup before (and loved it), but not blueberry jam. It should be yummy! Strawberry is always a hit in this house! And i actually use apple butter in cooking all the time, but silly me, I never thought to just eat it like jelly!!

Thanks for my great treats!!

FigmentLover
08-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I *think* one of them reached its new home. I received a package from Lincoln NE today. Only a last name on the return address and no note.

In it was a jar of blueberry jam, a jar of strawberry jam and a jar of apple butter. I also received some Disney collage stickers which my 7yo tried to steal! I cannot wait to try the new flavors. I have tried blueberry syrup before (and loved it), but not blueberry jam. It should be yummy! Strawberry is always a hit in this house! And i actually use apple butter in cooking all the time, but silly me, I never thought to just eat it like jelly!!

Thanks for my great treats!!

Yes that was me. The note is in the mail. I had one ready for your package, but forgot to place it into the package before sealing it up. If you look closely, you might find that I left the price tags on also.......oh well. I hope the note is close behind, I mailed it the same day.....mmmmm who knows.......

There is another one that is on its way to PixieDust32 also without a note, but there is one in the mail.

FigmentLover
08-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I had a notice left in my mailbox from Littleton, CO.....I wonder if it is my jam package???? To bad I wasn't here this morning, I would love to be eating some toast right now!!! :goodvibes But I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow after 8 a.m.!!! :cheer2:

PixieDust32
08-03-2006, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=mommytotwo]Yum, those sound all yummy. I have been wanting to eat some pumpkin pie, but this is pretty close, so I will try them on some crackers.
When will the fall jams/butters/jellies come out in your area Roxy?[QUOTE]

Oh yes, every year we go to the north GA Mountains, about a 45 min to an hour drive from home, to the pumpkin patch farm and to the orchards, they make pumpkin pie, jam, jelly, candy apple, apple cider, and much more.

This is their site...

Burt's Farm (http://www.burtsfarm.com/store.htm)

PixieDust32
08-03-2006, 04:21 PM
And this is the orchard one...

http://www.hillcrestorchards.net/index.htm

PixieDust32
08-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Yes that was me. The note is in the mail. I had one ready for your package, but forgot to place it into the package before sealing it up. If you look closely, you might find that I left the price tags on also.......oh well. I hope the note is close behind, I mailed it the same day.....mmmmm who knows.......

There is another one that is on its way to PixieDust32 also without a note, but there is one in the mail.

Yes, I was wondering too :teeth:

The mail lady left a note in my mail box too :thumbsup2

I received ...

:) Boysenberry Jam
:) Pumpkin Butter :banana:
:) Rhubarb Jam
:) Pooh 3d stickers :love:

Thank you so much, I can't wait to try them all.

babytrees
08-03-2006, 05:24 PM
I had a notice left in my mailbox from Littleton, CO.....I wonder if it is my jam package???? To bad I wasn't here this morning, I would love to be eating some toast right now!!! :goodvibes But I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow after 8 a.m.!!! :cheer2:

That should be your package from me!! Unless you know somebody else in this neck of the woods!!
Can't wait to hear if you like it or not...so many choices so little money!! :teeth:

mommytotwo
08-03-2006, 08:49 PM

::yes:: I think that is your jam/jelly exchange. :thumbsup2

mommytotwo
08-03-2006, 08:54 PM
:woohoo: I had recieved my second exchange today from PixieDust32-Roxy.
She had sent me-
*Blackberry Jelly and Strawberry Jam that are made by a lady in her town.
*Pineapple fruit spread which is actually made in Mexico-this looks like it would be good as an ice cream topping as well.
*Mini jars of Knott's Berry Farm-raspberry, grape, and two honey jars-these are really cute travel size jars.
*2 types of Mexican treats that she had enjoyed as a child-
Pan tostado, toasted bread, and Gamesa cookies-I have never seen these here, but will try the jams on the toast as a snack today.

Thank you very much Roxy for all the goodies.

PixieDust32
08-03-2006, 11:01 PM
:woohoo: I had recieved my second exchange today from PixieDust32-Roxy.
She had sent me-
*Blackberry Jelly and Strawberry Jam that are made by a lady in her town.
*Pineapple fruit spread which is actually made in Mexico-this looks like it would be good as an ice cream topping as well.
*Mini jars of Knott's Berry Farm-raspberry, grape, and two honey jars-these are really cute travel size jars.
*2 types of Mexican treats that she had enjoyed as a child-
Pan tostado, toasted bread, and Gamesa cookies-I have never seen these here, but will try the jams on the toast as a snack today.

Thank you very much Roxy for all the goodies.

You're welcome Patsy.

I love all the stuff the gamesa makes, and I couldn't find them here before, now wal mart and the local Mexican stores have them, but is a new thing here, they make all kinds of goodies. Another favorite is Pie the Piņa, (Pineapple pie) Let me know how you like them!

mommytotwo
08-03-2006, 11:05 PM
You're welcome Patsy.

I love all the stuff the gamesa makes, and I couldn't find them here before, now wal mart and the local Mexican stores have them, but is a new thing here, they make all kinds of goodies. Another favorite is Pie the Piņa, (Pineapple pie) Let me know how you like them!

Will do Roxy.

I just wanted to give all you exchangers here a heads up-it will also be on the future exchange list, but I will be hosting the FALL JAM and JELLY Exchange in mid September, so be on the lookout for that sign up. :thumbsup2

PixieDust32
08-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Will do Roxy.

I just wanted to give all you exchangers here a heads up-it will also be on the future exchange list, but I will be hosting the FALL JAM and JELLY Exchange in mid September, so be on the lookout for that sign up. :thumbsup2

YAY!! :yay: I can't wait. Thanks patsy.

mommytotwo
08-03-2006, 11:13 PM
YAY!! :yay: I can't wait. Thanks patsy.

I can't wait till the Fall one either, and this one is not even over :) :p :bitelip: .

PixieDust32
08-03-2006, 11:17 PM
I can't wait till the Fall one either, and this one is not even over :) :p :bitelip: .

I know! :blush: :rotfl: Shame on us. :lmao:

bobbiwoz
08-04-2006, 07:26 AM
I hope to get some sweets for our weekend toast today!

Bobbi :sunny:

kelleigh1
08-04-2006, 07:28 AM
I'll hopefully be able to join in the fall one. Although the flavors are probably about the same since cranberry and pumpkin harvest happen in the fall. I could possibly go with an all cranberry exchange that time around though since they mix the cranberry with all kinds of other fruits to make jellies, spreads, syrup...just about anything. And if I see the salsa guy again with the cranberry salsa, I'd have to get some of that too.

MMmmmmmm!!!

kelleigh1
08-04-2006, 07:30 AM
You're welcome Patsy.

Pineapple pie!!! My husband would love that. We found mini pies one time with pineapple and he loved them. I may need to take a trip to Georgia!

FigmentLover
08-04-2006, 11:30 AM
That should be your package from me!! Unless you know somebody else in this neck of the woods!!
Can't wait to hear if you like it or not...so many choices so little money!! :teeth:

Yes it is!!

I went and picked it up today......MMMM everything looks good!!!

I received:

1 jar of organic peach jam
1 jar of organic applepie jam
1 jar of salsa (med-hot)

I'm so excited! I just might have to have toast for lunch today!! Oh and then I will have to stop at the store today after work and pick up some chips to try the salsa!!!

Thank you SO much!!

FigmentLover
08-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I hope the other package arrives today!!! I'm looking forward to that one!!! I love getting mail, well other than bills that is!!! I always look forward to the DisExchanges!!!

*pacing the house waiting for next package to arrive* :goodvibes

babytrees
08-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Yes it is!!

I went and picked it up today......MMMM everything looks good!!!

I received:

1 jar of organic peach jam
1 jar of organic applepie jam
1 jar of salsa (med-hot)

I'm so excited! I just might have to have toast for lunch today!! Oh and then I will have to stop at the store today after work and pick up some chips to try the salsa!!!

Thank you SO much!!

I figured those would be good as they are both CO grown fruits.
The salsa I will warn you is a little more to the hot....but yummy!!
Hope you enjoy them!!

We should have updates when we try the jams/jellies we receive.

mommytotwo
08-04-2006, 12:46 PM
I'll hopefully be able to join in the fall one. Although the flavors are probably about the same since cranberry and pumpkin harvest happen in the fall. I could possibly go with an all cranberry exchange that time around though since they mix the cranberry with all kinds of other fruits to make jellies, spreads, syrup...just about anything. And if I see the salsa guy again with the cranberry salsa, I'd have to get some of that too.

MMmmmmmm!!!

That would be great. Hope to see you join us.

mommytotwo
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Just 4 more exchanges to be recieved.

Remember there is the Anything in an Envelope Exchange taking sign ups till Sunday if anyone would like to join us. :goodvibes

mommytotwo
08-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Any other arrivals today?

bobbiwoz
08-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Any other arrivals today?

No package today, but our ME tags for our upcoming :goodvibes trip came!

Bobbi

PixieDust32
08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
:dance3:

Meriweather
08-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Come join us in the MUG exchange :coffee:

mommytotwo
08-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Any jam/jelly arrivals this weekend?

bobbiwoz
08-05-2006, 02:27 PM

No, our mailperson just left us some junk mail, too bad.

Bobbi

FigmentLover
08-05-2006, 06:55 PM

Sadly no. I have received one but not my other one....:( Maybe Monday???

Oh I used my peach jam this morning on toast!!! Mmm mmm mmm it was good!! I'm kinda scared to use the apple pie jam.....I :love: L-O-V-E :love: apple pie, I may want to take a spoon to it and eat it that way!!!!! Okay I'll use it tomorrow!!!

PixieDust32
08-05-2006, 11:06 PM
:yay: popcorn::

mommytotwo
08-06-2006, 12:34 AM
All exchanges should arrive next week.

PixieDust32
08-06-2006, 06:06 AM
OMG! You're almost there Patsy. :cloud9:

mommytotwo
08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
OMG! You're almost there Patsy. :cloud9:

Yup, I changed my ticker based upon the new delivery date that my doctor had given to me.
Hopefully we will be able to complete this exchange before I head to the hospital.

bobbiwoz
08-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Wow! How are you feeling, Patsy?
Bobbi

jwsqrdplus2
08-07-2006, 01:51 PM
The note is in the mail.

The note FINALLY arrived today! I saw the back of it first, and I knew it had to be your note. The Mickey sticker gave it away! Thanks.

As far as the strange mail around here, monsoon rains have been making a mess of things. My mom has a package on the way too me that has been delayed for 4 days now due to monsoon issues. Maybe that happened to my outgoing package too. And that is probably why my package and note arrived several days apart depsite being sent on the same day.

Hopefully we hear from my recipient soon!

mommytotwo
08-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Wow! How are you feeling, Patsy?
Bobbi

Tired-(Yawning). But I do have a doctors appointment to go to this morning.

mommytotwo
08-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Hopefully we will see all exchanges arrive within these next couple of days. :wizard:

mommytotwo
08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
:hourglass Any news today?

mommytotwo
08-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Just is the list of members who are still waiting for their exchanges.
If you have recieved your exchange, PLEASE post about it here.

*kelleigh1-sent 7/28
*FigmentLover-sent-?
*bobbiwoz-sent-?
*VanniGirl-sent 7/29

PixieDust32
08-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Tired-(Yawning). But I do have a doctors appointment to go to this morning.

Oh poor Patsy, I know, the last few days are bad :( keep us inform.

Is your hospital near by?

mommytotwo
08-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh poor Patsy, I know, the last few days are bad :( keep us inform.

Is your hospital near by?

::yes::
We will give this exchange till the ending of the week, and if we do not hear of the arrivals, then we will need to get elves to help out. :(

PixieDust32
08-08-2006, 01:05 PM
:grouphug:

bobbiwoz
08-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi there Patsy!

Nothing came today.

Bobbi

mommytotwo
08-08-2006, 04:34 PM
:(, I wonder what is going on with the final exchanges :(.

PixieDust32
08-08-2006, 09:37 PM
:(, I wonder what is going on with the final exchanges :(.

I know! No word from senders? :confused3

mommytotwo
08-08-2006, 10:18 PM
I know! No word from senders? :confused3

Well, 3 of the exchanges included VanniGirl or her husband and I am not sure what is going on with those, and I will see if the sender of the fourth one is able to look into the package.
I think it is time for elves to step in.

PixieDust32
08-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Well, 3 of the exchanges included VanniGirl or her husband and I am not sure what is going on with those, and I will see if the sender of the fourth one is able to look into the package.
I think it is time for elves to step in.

That's weird from VanniGirl, she's always on top of things :confused3 hope she's OK.

I can be elf for one, just let me know.

mommytotwo
08-08-2006, 10:49 PM
That's weird from VanniGirl, she's always on top of things :confused3 hope she's OK.

I can be elf for one, just let me know.

Yup. I know that her husband was having medical issues, but she mentioned about sending her exchanges out :(.
I may take you up on the elf offer Roxy-thank you.

PixieDust32
08-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Yup. I know that her husband was having medical issues, but she mentioned about sending her exchanges out :(.
I may take you up on the elf offer Roxy-thank you.

Oh I see. Well, I hope everything is OK with her husband, I'm sure something came up if she hasn't send them yet. :confused3 OK, you're welcome.

bobbiwoz
08-09-2006, 05:23 AM

From Bobbi we got the following - made in Ohio:

blackberry jam
peach jam
apple butter
apple nut bread mix (I'll have to wait until after this heat wave before I turn on the oven to bake this - but I may take it to NJ for our vacation.)
banana taffy
strawberry taffy.

Thank you Bobbi!!

Hi Patsy :wave:

kelleigh1 did receive her package.
I'm the one who hasn't received it yet!

Bobbi

PixieDust32
08-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Hi Patsy :wave:

kelleigh1 did receive her package.
I'm the one who hasn't received it yet!

Bobbi

Don't worry your exchange should be there pretty soon. :wave:

FigmentLover
08-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Just is the list of members who are still waiting for their exchanges.
If you have recieved your exchange, PLEASE post about it here.

*kelleigh1-sent 7/28
*FigmentLover-sent-?
*bobbiwoz-sent-?
*VanniGirl-sent 7/29

As of yesterday I haven't received any package.

I will not be here today, we are heading to the children's zoo. As luck would have it, it will probably arrive today while I am gone, and will have to pick it up at the post office tomorrow.

bobbiwoz
08-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Don't worry your exchange should be there pretty soon. :wave:

Hint, hint??

Not today, but I'm patient, no worries here!

Bobbi :wave:

mommytotwo
08-09-2006, 01:54 PM
:wizard:

FigmentLover
08-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Nothing here today. No package or notice left while I was out.

*fingers crossed* Maybe tomorrow!!!!

PixieDust32
08-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Hint, hint??

Not today, but I'm patient, no worries here!

:smooth: :surfweb:

mommytotwo
08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Elf packages are being sent out this week so that we can close up this exchange sometime next week.
Thank you to the two recipents who are waiting for their exchange, and a BIG thank you to the two elves who are helping out.

PixieDust32
08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Elf packages are being sent out this week so that we can close up this exchange sometime next week.
Thank you to the two recipents who are waiting for their exchange, and a BIG thank you to the two elves who are helping out.

:thumbsup2

bobbiwoz
08-10-2006, 02:23 PM
I agree with PixieDust32 :thumbsup2

Bobbi :sunny:

FigmentLover
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM

No problem, I'm sure things happen or people forget......just so you know nothing arrived here today.

PixieDust32
08-10-2006, 10:57 PM
:cool1:

bobbiwoz
08-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Nothing here yet...

Bobbi

PixieDust32
08-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Elf package on its way!

mommytotwo
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Thank you elves. The two elf packages should arrive in a few days. :woohoo:

PixieDust32
08-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Thank you elves. The two elf packages should arrive in a few days. :woohoo:

Mine I think on Monday! :thumbsup2

mommytotwo
08-12-2006, 02:26 PM
:cloud9:

PixieDust32
08-13-2006, 12:02 AM
:happytv:

FigmentLover
08-14-2006, 08:12 AM
It's been awhile since I posted, but I wanted to let everyone know.....nothing arrived over the weekend.

bobbiwoz
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
I have been dusted :wizard: by Pixiedust32. Thank you, thank you, thank you for:

Blackberry Jelly
Pineapple Fruit Spread
Fresh Strawberry Fruit Spread
Toasted Bread
Crispy Wheels

Definitely worth waiting for, and I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow. I'm one of the oatmeal eating "trying to get my cholesterol down" folks, and sometimes I just need a treat!!!!

Bobbi :banana: :banana: :banana:

kelleigh1
08-14-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm back from my vacation and had to smile when I saw the jam/jelly that I'd received in my exchange sitting right where I'd left it. I will be opening up one of those jars this week. Can't wait - although I wish I was still on vacation.

PixieDust32
08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
I have been dusted :wizard: by Pixiedust32. Thank you, thank you, thank you for:

Blackberry Jelly
Pineapple Fruit Spread
Fresh Strawberry Fruit Spread
Toasted Bread
Crispy Wheels

Definitely worth waiting for, and I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow. I'm one of the oatmeal eating "trying to get my cholesterol down" folks, and sometimes I just need a treat!!!!

Bobbi :banana: :banana: :banana:

You're so welcome, and I forgot my elf note sorry. :blush:

The blackberry jelly is made by a lady here in my town, she is a sweet lady and her birthday is this weekend, she's turning 85, her jams and jelly are great.
The other too (pineapple and strawberry) are made in Mexico but I got them here in a latin store, also the bread and snack, they remind me of my childhood.
I hope you enjoy it.

FigmentLover
08-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know, Yesterday went I arrived home after work, there was a note in my mail box letting me know I had a package at my neighbor's house. So after hours and hours of waiting for him to arrive home, I was extremely happy to see the jam/jelly package was there!!

I want to say thank you to jwsqrdplus2 for the great package!!!

DD was standing over me as I unwrapped every item and then took off with the taffy!! I still have no idea what she did with it.

I recieved:

Saguaro Honey
Desert Sunrise Marmalade
Margarita Marmalade
Prickly Pear Cactus Jelly
and
A bag of red taffy.

I would like to be able to tell everyone what it is, but DD ran off with it last night and never saw the label. Hopefully I will find it today after school and try a piece.

Again I want to say Thank You to jwsqrdplus2 for the wonderful package.

Meriweather
08-15-2006, 08:18 AM
I think that wraps this one up :)

Patsy will be glad to hear that when she returns home ::yes::

jwsqrdplus2
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know, Yesterday went I arrived home after work, there was a note in my mail box letting me know I had a package at my neighbor's house. So after hours and hours of waiting for him to arrive home, I was extremely happy to see the jam/jelly package was there!!

I want to say thank you to jwsqrdplus2 for the great package!!!

DD was standing over me as I unwrapped every item and then took off with the taffy!! I still have no idea what she did with it.

I recieved:

Saguaro Honey
Desert Sunrise Marmalade
Margarita Marmalade
Prickly Pear Cactus Jelly
and
A bag of red taffy.

I would like to be able to tell everyone what it is, but DD ran off with it last night and never saw the label. Hopefully I will find it today after school and try a piece.

Again I want to say Thank You to jwsqrdplus2 for the wonderful package.

You are very welcome! I was giggling when I saw who Patsy gave me for my elf package! And just so you know, the taffy is Cinnamon Prickly Pear (yes, it too is made from cactus!). Enjoy your new treats.

PixieDust32
08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Thank YOU PATSY, for a wonderful exchange I had lots of fun!

Until the fall one then. Thank you.

bobbiwoz
08-16-2006, 06:46 AM
You're so welcome, and I forgot my elf note sorry. :blush:

The blackberry jelly is made by a lady here in my town, she is a sweet lady and her birthday is this weekend, she's turning 85, her jams and jelly are great.
The other too (pineapple and strawberry) are made in Mexico but I got them here in a latin store, also the bread and snack, they remind me of my childhood.
I hope you enjoy it.

I've enjoyed the Blackberry Jam and the toast. It's nice to be able to think of Disboard friends when having breakfast. The lady sounds like a nice person, and her label is so true..."if God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31! Yes indeed!

Bobbi :thumbsup2

PixieDust32
08-16-2006, 07:05 AM
I've enjoyed the Blackberry Jam and the toast. It's nice to be able to think of Disboard friends when having breakfast. The lady sounds like a nice person, and her label is so true..."if God is for us, who can be against us?" Fomans 8:31! Yes indeed!

Bobbi :thumbsup2

She sure is, so sweet and nice.

mommytotwo
08-16-2006, 11:04 PM
A great big thank you goes out to two of our special elfes.
All the items that everyone had recieved sounds very yummy.
I hope to see you all join us for the Fall Jam/Jelly exchange :thumbsup2 .
Enjoy your yummy treats.

Meriweather
08-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Welcome back, Patsy :hug:
How is Brandon?

PixieDust32
08-16-2006, 11:45 PM
You're Welcome!

WELCOME BACK PATSY! How's the baby and you of course?

Glad to have you back!

mommytotwo
08-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Brandon is doing good. He likes to eat alot and is now sleeping. I love watching him as he tries to open his eyes and look around.
He makes his little cooing sounds and also smiles. :goodvibes

PixieDust32
08-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Brandon is doing good. He likes to eat alot and is now sleeping. I love watching him as he tries to open his eyes and look around.
He makes his little cooing sounds and also smiles. :goodvibes

ohhh how sweet! :cloud9: God Bless him.

bobbiwoz
08-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi Patsy!!!

This was a great exchange and DH has especially been enjoying the pineapple marmalade, he says it tastes like the topping on a pineapple sundae which is his favorite kind.

I'm glad you are home, enjoying your expanded family!!!

PixieDust32
08-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Patsy!!!

This was a great exchange and DH has especially been enjoying the pineapple marmalade, he says it tastes like the topping on a pineapple sundae which is his favorite kind.

I'm glad you are home, enjoying your expanded family!!!

:smooth:

mommytotwo
08-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Remember, the fall jam/jelly exchange will start next month.