PDA

View Full Version : i got scammed..... bummer!

cuteswimgirl
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
ok well im kinda new on vmk 5 months and you know what i got scammed

well she had a small worl pin and i thought it looked cool nd might be rare
so i asked she said yes very very rare and i traded her my gold doors for it and foun out it was not!!

bummer!!!!!!!!! :(

ShadowKittyKat
07-24-2006, 12:56 PM
ok well im kinda new on vmk 5 months and you know what i got scammed

well she had a small worl pin and i thought it looked cool nd might be rare
so i asked she said yes very very rare and i traded her my gold doors for it and foun out it was not!!

bummer!!!!!!!!! :(

Ouch. I don't believe anything is rare until I check the shops for it.

cuteswimgirl
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
i was not thinking.. oh well its done now

Cpt.JackSpearow
07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Gold doors, thats not to bad..

cuteswimgirl
07-24-2006, 01:05 PM
yes true but it mkes me mad that there are still lots of scammers on vmk

CapEldano2
07-24-2006, 01:06 PM
could have been worse, but still it's sad that people want a blob of pixels so bad that they're willing to ignore all their moral values and scam new players.. :sad2:

cuteswimgirl
07-24-2006, 01:09 PM
i know

Disney Dreams
07-24-2006, 01:10 PM

There are a lot of players out there who, sadly, will try to trick you. However, there are also many who just dont know. I have had players that I am convinced are young kids try to tell me that Narnia items (which are free and still available) are really rare. When I explained to them that they were still available, they told me they did not know and that's what they were told. In many cases, I think they are actually being honest, they just dont know themselves.

You mentioned that you are new to vmk. Take a look at the Players Guide located towards the top of the main vmk message board page (not Trades and Wishes). It has a list of every vmk item and whether it is beta, rare, available, etc.... This can be a very useful tool for you as you learn the many many many items that are out there. :)

Disney Dreams
07-24-2006, 01:11 PM

There are a lot of players out there who, sadly, will try to trick you. However, there are also many who just dont know. I have had players that I am convinced are young kids try to tell me that Narnia items (which are free and still available) are really rare. When I explained to them that they were still available, they told me they did not know and that's what they were told. In many cases, I think they are actually being honest, they just dont know themselves.

You mentioned that you are new to vmk. Take a look at the Players Guide located towards the top of the main vmk message board page (not Trades and Wishes). It has a list of every vmk item and whether it is beta, rare, available, etc.... This can be a very useful tool for you as you learn the many many many items that are out there. :)

And just know that it could have been a LOT worse than gold doors. Although I understand your frustration.

~!~CaptainJack~!~
07-24-2006, 01:12 PM
could have been worse, but still it's sad that people want a blob of pixels so bad that they're willing to ignore all their moral values and scam new players.. :sad2:

that is the SAME thing i said about something else....on a website that i shouldn't name, someone bought a pair of green flips for $795.00. i dont think i would ever spend that much money on virtual shoes....but hey ppl can do what they want.

i do agree tho, i cant believe someone would try to scam you like that...gold doors isnt the worst thing in the world to lose, but it isnt about the item you lost, its about the whole principal of it. ppl go so far to try and get what they want....its ridiculous sometimes.

i feel your pain!!!

~captain

cuteswimgirl
07-24-2006, 01:19 PM
its unbeleveable i try to watch closly for tihng like that well it tought me a leason watch before you trade!!!

tolkien7
07-24-2006, 02:02 PM

I completely agree. A boy tried to trade me the "brand new Animator's fireplace" which was just released, he said. When I told him I didn't believe there was any such thing, we opened the trade window and he showed me the Toontown fireplace from Christmas! I set him straight and he said he was just repeating what the person he had traded with told him.

Every trade room I go into, people declare they have really, really rare and beta. They have neither. But they THINK they do...

cuteswimgirl
07-24-2006, 02:15 PM
that might be the case

judimouse
07-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Please look for mousepatrol on vmk as I have something for you.

cuteswimgirl
07-24-2006, 03:04 PM
ok im loging in

judimouse
07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
I am on right now.

Look for mousepatrol

ladyleopard1106
07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Now, I've seen a lot of things get sold on that "unnamed" site. But seriously...$795 for something that's not even tangible? *eye roll*. I ought to do that...maybe I can make that kind of money! LoL.

SoccerVMKComputergal
07-24-2006, 04:20 PM
that is the SAME thing i said about something else....on a website that i shouldn't name, someone bought a pair of green flips for $795.00. i dont think i would ever spend that much money on virtual shoes....but hey ppl can do what they want.

i do agree tho, i cant believe someone would try to scam you like that...gold doors isnt the worst thing in the world to lose, but it isnt about the item you lost, its about the whole principal of it. ppl go so far to try and get what they want....its ridiculous sometimes.

i feel your pain!!!

~captain

WHo would buy vurtual shoes for that much i mean they are just shoes. oh by the was red flips are going to become rare like green flips. :)

SoccerVMKComputergal
07-24-2006, 04:23 PM
WHo would buy vurtual shoes for that much i mean they are just shoes. oh by the was red flips are going to become rare like green flips. :) I think i might know the website but if you wont tell , i wont tell

jasonpwns
07-24-2006, 04:35 PM
WHo would buy vurtual shoes for that much i mean they are just shoes. oh by the was red flips are going to become rare like green flips. :)

no there not since i like red I bought like 30 of them and kept alot and gave away alot and no way there going to be rare so why do people say this there liers and roumor tellers

and also I lost 2 infernos before