PDA

View Full Version : National Rental Car - how big of a pain, really?

Luv2Travel
07-24-2006, 08:54 AM
I can not find a low rate with any other rental car company for before and after our cruise. :guilty: I love national (especially at MCO), but I know its further away from the Port. I called national at Cocoa Beach and was told it was 6 miles away and they had a negotiated transfer rate of $14 to/from the Port. But we have to call the taxi as soon as we clear customs (won't be there waiting after the cruise :confused3 ).

So just how big of a pain will using National rental car be? (Budget was double the price with every code I tried. :guilty: ) Any comments?

Billinaz
07-24-2006, 09:46 AM
When is your cruise?

Ive never had a problem getting a low rate with Budget or Avis... and they will drop you off and pick you up at the port.

Luv2Travel
07-24-2006, 10:17 AM
We fly into MCO on Sat, Sept 3, and have National minivan booked (there are 5 of us with 5 big suitcases) for $47.87 to drop off in Cocoa Beach.

Then I have another rental for when we disembark on Thursday, Sept 7, to pick up a minivan in Cocoa Beach and return to MCO on Sunday, Sept 10 for $132.44.

Would LOVE to rent something for Saturday to Sunday to avoid shuttles or taxis all together, but that really addes up! :rolleyes:

Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! :sunny:

GoofyGuy777
07-24-2006, 10:22 AM
What about AVIS? :confused3

We have them booked is September for our cruise. So far have heard good things about them

Luv2Travel
07-24-2006, 11:00 AM
What about AVIS? :confused3

We have them booked is September for our cruise. So far have heard good things about them
The best rates that I can find for a SUV or minivan at Avis or Budget is around $75 for the one night, its around $200 for the 3 night weekend rental. :confused3

LindaBabe
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Check a reservation for the whole time period with National with a coupon from the Entertainment book. Parking is about 10$ a day, but it may be worth it if the weekly rental w/coupon is less than two shorter rentals w no coupon.