PDA

View Full Version : New Clocks

MBFergie
07-24-2006, 07:56 AM
I don't know if it's been posted yet but on the July 8th cruise they switched out all the propeller clocks with a new one. It has the DCL logo in the center, more propellers and alarm that plays "when you wish upon a star". Only problem, we found it extremely hard to read. The old ones are on clearance in the stores at 50% off and the new ones are for sale.

Sorry if this has been previoulsy posted..another thread had something and I remembered I wanted to tell all my dis friends about this.

Luckymommyx2
07-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm sure by the time I sail, the old ones will be gone. I really liked them, other than not being able to see the time in the middle of the night. Can't wait to see, and hear, the new ones!

marlaymike
07-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Do you have pictures of it? I'm sure that just because of the song I will like it!!

lilo62
07-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I was JUST going to ask the same question!!! I would love to see a pic of the new clock. I hope with the new ones that you can see them at night - that they have some sort-of indiglo feature. The peg in the old clocks always used to fall out!

ReggieB
07-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Yep that's the big question, can you read them at night?

MBFergie
07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
no you can't read them

no i don't have a picture..i was planning on buying one so didn't think i would need it, but after looking at it and having to think about the time i decided against buying.

Marypoppinsiam
07-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Our clock in our room last cruise didn't even work. Thank goodness we brought our own travel clock. We used their wake up call service every am because we all wanted to hear Mickey first thing in the am. :thumbsup2

allears
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Maybe someone will come back and post a photo. The old clocks were okay, but one with the logo on it and playing a Disney tune, that may be a purchase too hard for us to resist.

Mmketeer
07-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I am kinda of thinking this new one might be peaking my interest a bit more than the other propeller clock they had. I can't wait to hear it...I have a watch I don't need to read it! LOL!

Thanks for posting, I had no clue they had done this....something else to look forward too! :goodvibes

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10714;128/st/20061203/e/Family+Xmas+DCL+Cruise/k/1a77/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Disneyfun1
07-24-2006, 03:16 PM
i have a pic of the clock from the ship as i just got home yesterday. Here is my attempt to post it. sorry if so big.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/disneyfun1/DisneyWonder7-20-061225.jpg

mattmommy
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Both are cute, but neither one wowed me. Of course ours was buried under pirate stuff for a few nights.

allears
07-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow, I like that one, how much were they selling these for?

goin2disneyagain
07-24-2006, 06:01 PM
I liked the old one but I kinda like the new one too. Cute!! :)

tynkerbell
07-24-2006, 06:07 PM
That's cute. How much is it selling for? (the new one).

MB MinnieGirl
07-24-2006, 06:21 PM
This would be a great gift for my parents beach house since they took us on our first Disney Cruise! I would love to know how much it sells for on the ship. Of course, I don't know if I could part with it though once I got home. :teeth:

goin2disneyagain
07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
This would be a great gift for my parents beach house since they took us on our first Disney Cruise! I would love to know how much it sells for on the ship. Of course, I don't know if I could part with it though once I got home. :teeth:
Maybe you should buy 2! :rotfl:

misseulalie
07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I wonder if that Disney surplus warehouse in Orlando will get the old clocks...I really liked them.

Bella2000
07-24-2006, 07:17 PM
no you can't read thembummer, the clock hands on the picture looked liked they had those glow in the dark markers.

tink&cinderella
07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
i have a pic of the clock from the ship as i just got home yesterday. Here is my attempt to post it. sorry if so big.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/disneyfun1/DisneyWonder7-20-061225.jpg

I am commenting on you licence plate - mine is almost the same dsneynut!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting the picture of the clock - I still don't like it - just my personal opinion.

m4travel
07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
I just knew we should have purchased the old clock on our January cruise! It was sitting there on the shelf beckoning to me - and the Captain was still in the shop autographing purchases....

If anyone hears of where one can purchase the old-style clock, will you please post the information here?

marlaymike
07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Its cute!! thank you

Disneyhades
07-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Did anyone hear the alarm? when it played "when you wished a upon a star " was it the cruise horn or the song? :rolleyes1

KSDisneyDad
07-24-2006, 11:25 PM
I purchased one of the old clocks off of ebay for $10 including shipping. Just search for Howard Miller propeller clock and keep watching. One will eventually be sold for very little.

CinderellaIam
07-24-2006, 11:29 PM
I just knew we should have purchased the old clock on our January cruise! It was sitting there on the shelf beckoning to me - and the Captain was still in the shop autographing purchases....

If anyone hears of where one can purchase the old-style clock, will you please post the information here?

Mousesurplus has them on ebay, item number 150013317159. Ends in 15 hrs.

cats mom
07-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Mousesurplus has them on ebay, item number 150013317159. Ends in 15 hrs.

I'd be careful with the Mousesurplus auction though. It clearly states that they are clocks that have been used on the ship. I know the one in our stateroom was pretty banged up with some good size chips.
Granted you would be getting one directly from the ship, so if authenticity is important and you've got to have one that's been on a Disney ship, go for it. :thumbsup2
But if you do a Froogle search for 'Howard Miller propeller clock' you should get a lot of hits and you can find a brand new one for less. (the old style)

Disneyfun1
07-25-2006, 03:20 AM
the gift shop sold the old ones for clearance at i believe $22. the new ones have a sign in the room next to the clock that states you may take this clock home and you will be charged $47 for it, or you can buy a new one in the gift shop for the same price.

i was tempted buy held off on buying it myself. I ended up with a dcl watch instead that was on clearance for 38 from 75.

gismo1554
08-24-2006, 07:16 AM
the gift shop sold the old ones for clearance at i believe $22. the new ones have a sign in the room next to the clock that states you may take this clock home and you will be charged $47 for it, or you can buy a new one in the gift shop for the same price.

i was tempted buy held off on buying it myself. I ended up with a dcl watch instead that was on clearance for 38 from 75.

So it was in the shop when you went in July I assume? Hope it still is in September because I want the old one not the new one.

Chattyaholic
08-24-2006, 07:23 AM
I'd love to have one like that, but we don't have a Disney cruise planned. :(

stampinshauna
08-24-2006, 10:54 AM
You may be able to call DCL and have them ship one to you. If they can't, you could always ask a fellow DISer who will be cruising soon to do the same. DH found a DISer that was so nice as to pick up a t-shirt for my birthday from Castaway Cay.

marley
08-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Just a warning, I own one of the old ones and it didn't even last 6 months. It was never played with or touched. Just stopped working. I still love it though. My MIL had the captain sign it for me and it is a pretty accessory in my living room. Just wish the darn thing worked!!

Disneyfun1
08-24-2006, 11:19 AM
I have seen the old ones on ebay a lot. they are being sold by a company that sells disney closeout stuff. do a search for seller mousesurplus. they were up there for 14.99. Here is a link to one of them now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Cruise-Line-Howard-Miller-Propeller-Alarm-Clock_W0QQitemZ150025862198QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3584 7QQcmdZViewItem

scootermom32
08-24-2006, 04:45 PM
The new clocks look very nice. Up close, they do appear to have that greenish-glowy stuff, so you'd think you'd be able to see it, but you really can't. It's also a little tippy -- it has a metal wire-type thing that props it up, but our clock got knocked over several times a day when anyone put stuff down near it, brushed it in passing, etc.

BUT -- the alarm plays "when you wish upon a star" and that is a charming way to wake up. Beats the heck out of a Mickey wake-up call, in my book!

For a decortive object, it would be a fine purchase (and to show off that alarm to visiotrs!), but for me, it wouldn't be practical to have as my bedside alarm. YMMV, of course -- most of you probably don't have as much junk piled on your bedside table as I do.

Chris

mnorton
08-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Can U Buy 1 Anywere On The Boat?

DeloreanGirl
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I purchased one of the old clocks off of ebay for $10 including shipping. Just search for Howard Miller propeller clock and keep watching. One will eventually be sold for very little.

Thanks DisneyDad! :banana: They have 3 right now on there, one is brand new in the box for $9.99. How cool that they're on Ebay! It saves me from pestering a poor stranger to buy me one on their next cruise. :lmao: Phew!

NAFF
08-24-2006, 10:57 PM
The old clocks were available at the Bass Pro Shop.

At 50% of the price Disney were selling them on the boats.

two-foxes
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Are the new clock as loud as the old clocks?? Although I love the look of clock, from the second we came in the stateroom, that clock saw nothing but the inside of my underwear drawer. IT IS SOOOO LOUD! tic, tic, tic, tic.....It was useless for us in the stateroom, and that kind of turned me off from ever wanting to buy it.