PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Costume - Fake sword/knife/gun and customs??

DutchsMommy
07-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Strange question I just thought of last night. We are planning on splurging on our pirate costumes and will likely include a fake 'period type' gun, sword or knife....something along those lines. I was just planning on packing them along with the costume in our regular luggage (not carry-on). Has anyone ever done this (I am thinking not LOL) or have any suggestions to avoid problems?? Maybe I should just scrap this idea? Thanks.

LarryC
07-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Pack it in your checked luggage and you'll have no problems. "Fake" guns (and real ones too) are allowed in checked baggage.

Momeska
07-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Despite my reservations, DS13 packed his plastic sword (in our checked luggage) and no questions were asked. Now mind you, this was the sword from his 'John Smith' costume when he was 4 years old so was very obviously a blunt sword. Get the impression we never throw anything away??? :rotfl2:
:wave2: Linda

gamecockinnc
07-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes, make sure you pack the fake gun in your luggage. We have sailed on the Magic over Halloween two times. The first time my youngest son was Woody and he had a toy gun and my oldest son was Buzz Lightyear and of course there was a laser in the suitcase too. The last time we sailed over Halloween my youngest son was Captain Hook so of course I packed the fake sword with his costume and my oldest son was Peter Pan. I assumed in both cases if security noticed these items they would realize they were fake.

We are on the 8/5 Magic and I went to the party store and bought inflatable swords for the Pirate party that come in nice flat packages so I doubt they will notice them at all.

Have a great time and take lots of pictures of your cute Pirate :)
GN

Marypoppinsiam
07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
We had no problems with either the plastic sword or the fake gun. We bought both at DTD prior to the cruise. :thumbsup2

DutchsMommy
07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Good to hear. As usual the DISrs put my mind to rest LOL!

mom x4,grandma x4
07-25-2006, 07:21 AM
gamecockinnc,
we are onthe 8/5 Magic too. :woohoo:
Please come over to the cruise meets board and pop in on our thread. :thumbsup2 we are usually on page one because everyone is posting everyday now. :goodvibes Please join us and get aquaitned before we cruise. It's not too late!!
we are having a meet :grouphug: on the first day at 3:00 p.m. in the Promenade lounge that you are welcome to attend too, even if you dont post with us. Just tell us you saw us on the dis boards and popped in. we would love to have you join us. :dance3:

mom x4,grandma x4 :wave:

Ski-and-Sea
07-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Last year for our Land-and-Sea we bought plenty of swords/guns at WDW and brought them onto the ship with no problems whatsoever. Just pack them in your checked luggage.

They came home with us with no problems, either.

And we'll be bringing them with us next time.

musicgirl
07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
If you don't want to drag that swords, eye patch, earring, knife, they have very reasonably priced stuff on board.

Yes, I did say reasonable!

daipp
07-25-2006, 04:35 PM
I have thought the very same thing. However, for a transatlantic flight I suspect that things may be a little different. :sad1:

David