PDA

View Full Version : Golden Mickeys

hidmickey:myantidrug
07-24-2006, 07:28 AM
What exactly is it? I know it's a show but I've seen pictures that it's like an award show type thing?

derdejoh
07-24-2006, 10:05 AM
You've hit the nail on the head. It is a stage show with an awards show theme. Like the other shows on board, there are song and dance numbers, and the "Golden Mickeys" are given for any number of categories (sort of like best villain, best love story, etc.). Plus, before the show you get to walk down the red carpet into the theater (being "photographed" along the way), and some kids get to be interviewed just like they were movie stars. It really is a lot of fun!

Float My Boat
07-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Don't be confused though... It's just a show - kind of a spoof of the Academy awards. It's a lot of fun.

With that being said, I was on the first cruise that debuted the Golden Mickeys in Dec. '03, then saw it again in '05. As we sail again this December, 3 full years from the first time we saw that show, I was kind of hoping this would be discontinued and replaced with something new. But alas, I will probably attend again and enjoy it yet again.

mattmommy
07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
It was very cute for kids. We've learned to sit really close because then kids get picked for different things. They asked ds5 to help them and he was ready to go when they mentioned a hat and beard (dwarf). He opted not to go.

goin2disneyagain
07-24-2006, 06:05 PM
IMO, it is the show not to be missed. We loved it. :thumbsup2 We saw the shows every night but if you choose not to see them all, at least see The Golden Mickey's.

07-25-2006, 06:48 AM
That sounds pretty cool! I can't wait but with my luck it will be gone before I go but what's the fun in going if you can't give yourself false hope before you leave?

epfootballcutie04
07-25-2006, 12:04 PM
oh, golden mickeys, i loved that show... i saw it twice on my november 05 magic cruise. The 2nd time i got there early... like about 45 min-an hour before show time.... and i was the 5 person in line. the woman infront of me had 3 younger (3-5 year old) kids and they were asked to be the dwarfs in snow whites performance. They were SOOOOOO excited. Too bad i wasnt about 15 years younger because they were looking for a couple more, haha.

But it is fun, and if you want to be close to the action, sit in the 1st rown of the 2nd section.... trust me! I love golden mickeys!!!! :bounce:

TheDisneyTraveler06
07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
This was by far our FAVORITE show on the Wonder. :)
You'll really enjoy it. The kids loved it!

leanne11
07-25-2006, 06:02 PM
any char?

07-26-2006, 06:50 AM
How formal do people get for the show? For any show for that matter?

Float My Boat
07-26-2006, 07:12 AM

On our cruises, the Golden Mickey was on formal night, so people were dressed formally for the most part. Some would change after dinner. Basically, it's anything goes for the shows. There doesn't appear to be a dress code.

epfootballcutie04
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM

golden mickeys was on our formal night, but i dont like getting all dressed up, so after dinner, i pretty much ran... (ok walked fast) to our state room and changed. i had some time before the show, so i went on deck 10 and shot some hoops with my 17 year old cousin, (while myh air was in my up-do)... and then went to the show. *those up do's hold up REALLY well*

i went to the show in shorts and a tshirt... there really isn't a dress code, at least not that i saw anyways,

Enjoy the shows!