PDA

View Full Version : Eating rotation for large groups

hidmickey:myantidrug
07-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I'll be going on a cruise with 17 other people, all family, who will be staying in 4/5 staterooms. Odds tell me that we won't even be close to the same rotations. Is there any way that you know of to request similar, if not the same, dining times/places?

mmouse37
07-24-2006, 08:17 AM
You must LINK all your reservations and request to be on the same rotation...it can be done. We have cruised with large groups before and all had same rotation, same servers, same area of dining room even though the dynamics of the group was very different (meaning ages).

Call either DCL or your TA if booked that way and give them all the reservation numbers...they will link them all for dining.

Belle2667
07-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I agree mmouse37 - link your reservations.

We had a party of 19. We were seated 9 kids at one table (ages 5 - 15) and 10 adults right next to them. All on the same rotation, same servers, etc.

Enjoy! :sunny:

musicgirl
07-24-2006, 08:48 AM
What is the largest number in a group you can have at 1 table? When I asked DCL, they said 10, but I know I saw at least 3-4 tables set up for 12, one table was even bigger.

I know that it is difficult to have a huge table for the servers, but we may have 12 in our group next time. We had 2 tables last time and it was difficult to chat. All of us had teens, so dinner was one of the few times we got to "check in".

So, what is the trick to getting a table of 12????

lbgraves
07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
We have counted 20 at a table before. There are usually 18 guests in each section so that shouldn't be a problem. Linking is the important thing.

nextcruz
07-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I just called this morning to link reservations for 10 of our DISers and DCL told me that the largest table was for a table of 8. However, we could be seated at a table next to each other.

So, if I understand correctly, when we arrive, we actually may all 10 be at the same table? That would be great! :banana:

m4travel
07-24-2006, 09:45 AM
We linked dinner reservations for a group of 18 and they pushed tables together to form one enormous table that sat us all. It was pretty long and talking to the folks at the other end was a bit difficult, so we switched places each night.

lbgraves
07-24-2006, 09:51 AM
I just called this morning to link reservations for 10 of our DISers and DCL told me that the largest table was for a table of 8. However, we could be seated at a table next to each other.

So, if I understand correctly, when we arrive, we actually may all 10 be at the same table? That would be great! :banana:

The people at DCL's CS number have what is written down in front of them but do not know how it is applied on the ship. The dining set up is decided 2 weeks before you cruise. If they see that there are 10 people linked together they will put them at the same table...not 8 at one and 2 at another. ;)

nextcruz
07-24-2006, 10:03 AM
The people at DCL's CS number have what is written down in front of them but do not know how it is applied on the ship. The dining set up is decided 2 weeks before you cruise. If they see that there are 10 people linked together they will put them at the same table...not 8 at one and 2 at another. ;)

Great News about all 10 of us being able to sit together! - When I called, they confirmed that we all had previously requested the same dining time, so it would not be a problem to link our ressies. BUT, we are sailing this Saturday - is that a problem if they do the seating 2 weeks prior?

lbgraves
07-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Well, that may have changed things but I would think that request would be sent to the dining coordinator. Plan to be on the ship ASAP and go directly to RNBD where the Palo resies are done. The dining room manager will be there & can help you if you aren't at the same table. Your KTTW cards will have your table number on them.

nextcruz
07-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Thank you very much, we'll do that.
:thumbsup2