PDA

View Full Version : Dave with brain cancer has passed away...

sammatt
07-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Hello, DIS friends! It is with much sadness and relief that I share the news with you of Dave's passing. many of you "got to know him" through my "My heart is breaking" thread. His struggle with brain cancer ended last night, and now he is whole in Heaven. While it will be difficult times for his family, I know that the burden of daily care has been lifted. God will carry them through, with the support of a wonderful church, family and friends. Please continue to keep his wife and 4 children in your thoughts and prayers. And thank you for the wonderful support you have been emotionally to them.
Lisa

TheDisneyTraveler06
07-23-2006, 04:27 PM
That is horrible. The family will be in my prayers. :grouphug:

Verandah Man
07-23-2006, 04:41 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: For Dave's Family and all his Friends :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

wltdsnyfan
07-23-2006, 04:42 PM
My prayers and thoughts go out to Dave's family.

goin2disneyagain
07-23-2006, 04:46 PM
:grouphug: His family is in my prayers.

mom x4,grandma x4
07-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Thankyou Lisa for letting us know.

We will keep Dave's family lifted in our prayers.
Wish we were there to give them all a big :grouphug: from all of us at the Dis boards.

mom x4,grandma x4

captaincrash
07-23-2006, 05:01 PM
We would like to offer our prayers and sympathy to Daves' family.

Buzz & Woody
07-23-2006, 05:06 PM
My thoughts are with his family and friends. God bless them all for their care and love for Dave. May they always remember and share the memories that they have in their hearts

ElenitaB
07-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Lisa, I was dealing with my own issues back in April/May so I missed the original thread about Dave. I just read through it and my heart was breaking for his family and for him :guilty: . It's so hard to know that you may have to leave your children too soon... however, your church community seems to be very tight-knit so I believe that his DW will have much support (as will his children)during this trying time and in the future.

I will be praying for him, his wife and his children. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for the family.

I just wanted to comment, Lisa, that you are a wonderful friend, and that you've done a wonderful thing by "advocating" for them in this community. I'm sure that thanks to you and a few simple posts, their vacation experience was made extra Magical. Bless you!

Lindy Loo
07-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Our family send our thoughts and prayers to Dave's family.

We only hope that his magical cruise, and all those memories it created, will be of some small support to his family now, and perhaps in the future, they will be able to look back and smile at the fun time they shared.

God bless, xxx

DisneyDmbNut
07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
as the daughter of someone who died of brain cancer in 2003, i can understand the grief and relief. The guilt of the relief is something I will never get over.

Hannosmom
07-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Deepest sympathies to Dave's family. They will be in our thoughts and prayers.

musicgirl
07-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Dave's family and friends will be in my prayers. God bless.

Laurajean1014
07-23-2006, 05:42 PM
I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.
All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in Heaven at last.
Did you wonder why I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! But Jesus's love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.
And He came Himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus's arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?
Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still;
Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
Pray to trust our Father's Will.
There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remaineth
You shall rest in Jesus's land.
When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!

Marypoppinsiam
07-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Dave's wife and children. May his memory live forever in their hearts.

lbgraves
07-23-2006, 05:47 PM
My prayers go to his family that they may find peace knowing that Dave's pain and struggle has lead him to a better place where he will be able to continue to watch over them. My heart is breaking thinking of his wife and children. I cannot imagine what they have gone thru nor the journey that lies ahead of them. They are blessed to have friends like you in their lives.

pyramid2000
07-23-2006, 06:33 PM
:grouphug:

glindamood
07-23-2006, 06:38 PM
God be with Dave's family. :grouphug:

marlaymike
07-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Prayers for the little ones!!

CRSNDSNY
07-23-2006, 07:06 PM
As someone who watched their 45yo Father pass from brain cancer, I can totally sympathize. All my prayers to you and your friend's family as they grieve this heavy loss. :(

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
07-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Thoughts and prayers to thgem all. :grouphug: :grouphug:

TiaMaria
07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
I am adding my prayers for Dave and his family. His suffering is over and he can watch over his family and help them in ways he never could while on this Earth. May the memory of the joyful times heal the wounds of these last months for them. :grouphug: :love:

princess22
07-23-2006, 07:24 PM
They will be in my prayers... :grouphug:

AnnaS
07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug:

They will all be in our prayers.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

mikesdisneymom
07-23-2006, 08:05 PM
My prayers and thoughts go out to the family, and friends.

bdink921
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
So sorry....my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Bridget

poconoboatniks
07-23-2006, 08:21 PM
:grouphug: Thank you for letting us know. I was thinking about Dave and family just this past week. Dave & his family will be in my prayers. :guilty: :grouphug:

taeja71
07-23-2006, 08:29 PM
:(

Thanks for letting us know.

Cindi0511
07-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Thank you for letting us know, Lisa. My heart goes out to their family and friends. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

inmyis
07-23-2006, 09:33 PM
I am not a religious person in any way, but it touches ,my heart that Dave is thought so highly of and remembered on this little insignificant site. I want to pass on my condolences on to his family and hope they understand that he touched many of us out here in the internet world. Disney folk are special and I hope those he left behind realize how much he enjoyed Disney fun and they will do so as well.

inmyis
07-23-2006, 09:33 PM
I am not a religious person in any way, but it touches ,my heart that Dave is thought so highly of and remembered on this little insignificant site. I want to pass on my condolences on to his family and hope they understand that he touched many of us out here in the internet world. Disney folk are special and I hope those he left behind realize how much he enjoyed Disney fun and they will do so as well.

inmyis
07-23-2006, 09:35 PM
I am not a religious person in any way, but it touches my heart that Dave is thought so highly of and remembered on this little insignificant site. I want to pass on my condolences on to his family and hope they understand that he touched many of us out here in the internet world. Disney folk are special and I hope those he left behind realize how much he enjoyed Disney fun and they will do so as well.

MeggerasMa
07-23-2006, 09:45 PM
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. . . " I Corinthians 13:12 Some things can never be explained in this life. Some day it will all be revealed to us. Sympathy to the family. Prayers for comfort, strength and wisdom.

staceymerrill
07-23-2006, 09:58 PM
:sad1: .. Death Leaves a Heartache no one can Heal...
Love Leaves a Memory no one can Steal.... :grouphug:

Nik's Mom
07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I have a cousin who passed away from brain cancer, and a Dad that passed away from lung cancer. I know the pain this family is going through. May they find peace and comfort in the days ahead. :grouphug:

bairdbeth
07-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Prayers to his family and friends. :grouphug:

snelsonbrown
07-24-2006, 04:01 AM
I would also like to take this time to send our thoughts and prayers to this family as they start another road of life - With the Grace of God, may peace be with this family. I would also like to take this time to thank DAID and his pixie helpers that help make so many memories for this family when they cruised several months ago - what was done, will help carry the happy moments and memories for all the years to come especially for the children.
With much love always
Shirley and Norm

JeannieH
07-24-2006, 04:34 AM
We had the very great priviledge of meeting Dave and his beautiful wife on our cruise, back in the Spring. In a lifetime, you rarely meet such a wonderful, caring, and brave couple. We spoke at length about their home, family and his illness, and promised them that they would be in our prayers.

How sad we are to learn that Dave has passed away after such a brave battle with a wicked disease. He no doubt inspired everyone he met. Our hearts go out to his wife and family, but I know their faith will carry them through the tough times ahead.

Our brief meeting at Palo Brunch proved to be both a happy time - chatting about the wonderful cruise, and a thought-provoking time - hearing of the difficulties they all faced. However, he was up-beat and jovial - and said that the cruise had been just the best thing to do for them all during his final weeks.

The 90mins we shared together over Brunch will remain in our hearts for many years to come. God Bless you Dave, and your lovely family. We are so very happy that our lives "crossed" for those few magical minutes and we have a photograph of Dave to remind us of a very brave man.

FLmomof2
07-24-2006, 06:03 AM
I hope family, friends, and caring strangers help get this family through this most difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with them. :angel:

BethA
07-24-2006, 06:10 AM
my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

I'm glad you let us know, I had been wondering how he was.

WDWLVR
07-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Thoughts and prayers for Dave and the whole family.

I'm so glad they have such happy memories from the cruise to help the family though this difficult time and for the children to remember for the future.

6griswolds
07-24-2006, 07:02 AM

curlybop
07-24-2006, 08:15 AM
My deepest sympathies to the family. May God give them a special touch to deal with his passing. :grouphug:

lilo62
07-24-2006, 08:43 AM
I had a mom who died of cancer almost 4 years ago so I understand the guilt and relief.

May God watch over the family during this difficult time and our thoughts, prayers and sympathy to the family :grouphug:

mom_of_2_princesses
07-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Is there some sort of fund set up for this family or the cancer society that we could donate to? Our prayers are with his family and friends.

BuzzBoyMom
07-25-2006, 05:37 AM
Prayers to the family.

TiggerKing
07-25-2006, 07:22 AM
We will be praying for Dave's family. God Bless Them! :grouphug:

Pea-n-Me
07-25-2006, 07:25 AM
So sorry to hear this. Will keep Dave and his family in my prayers. :grouphug:

sugaswim
07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
sending all my thoughts and prayers to dave's family :grouphug:

poohssmum
07-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Thank you Lisa for letting us know. My prayers are with Dave's family right now. May the love of family and friends and the memories held in their heart get them through the days ahead :grouphug:

Deb in IA
07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Very sorry to hear of his passing.

Does anyone have a link to the thread that was referened in the opening post? The "my heart is breaking" thread? I must have missed that when it was first posted, and I can't find it in the search.

faireygod mother
07-25-2006, 11:09 AM
I am deeply saddened about the news. I am thankful that he was able to create a lasting memory with his family before he went home. My thanks to the DCL Angel as well.

lmhannon2004
07-25-2006, 11:24 AM
my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. i wish only good things for them in this difficult time ahead.

deebs
07-25-2006, 02:21 PM
so sorry for his family

jerry112
07-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Sending more thoughts and prayers out for Dave and his family.

dee47
07-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have a link to the thread that was referened in the opening post? The "my heart is breaking" thread? I must have missed that when it was first posted, and I can't find it in the search.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1094863&page=1&pp=15

:grouphug: for his family.

mommasita
07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
God bless this family. They certainly will need it..The are blessed in more ways than they know, this they will find out.. :grouphug:

bstsuda
07-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Our prayers go out to Dave's wife & children~

MagicMe
07-25-2006, 11:09 PM
My deepest condolences to his family :grouphug:

woody73
07-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Dave and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Woody

stemikger
07-25-2006, 11:40 PM

May the Lord hold Dave's family in his arms and help them with their sorrow.

May he walk with them and guide them to a place where they will never forget their dad but honor him during their lifetime on earth.

Godspeed Dave.

poohluv2u
07-26-2006, 12:06 AM
My sympathies and prayers to Dave's family.

michelle9343
07-26-2006, 06:12 AM
My thoughts ans prayers are with Dave's family.

wdwluvrs
07-26-2006, 07:51 AM
our thoughts and prayers for Dave and his family. Dave was the very first person we heard from when we were contemplating our first disney cruise and no matter how silly our questions were he answered them like it was the frst time he heard them. Dave peace be with you and your family and ty.

sammatt
07-26-2006, 09:41 AM
I have been in tears many times as I have read this thread, encouraged by your kind words and condolences. Please especially remember the family tomorrow (Thursday), as the memorial service is held. It is going to be quite the event. Dave's death has been classified as "In the line of duty" by the fire department he worked for, so his burial will be with full honors.It is expected that over 1000 fire department peronnel will attend his service, as well as families from church and school. It will be beautiful and moving, as well as extremely emotional. Dave was well-loved by all, and this service will be a great time of reflection on his life on Earth.

fireplug
07-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Thoughts and Prayers for them all!

Steve

cornish pixie
07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Thinking of you all
Cornish Pixie

pjadtl
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I just now heard this and went back and reviewed the thread. I'm at work right now and it's VERY hard to hold back the tears. It sounds like Dave has a beautiful family and I can only offer my deepest sympathies. There are so many kind and wonderful people out there on these Dis boards. God bless all of you. You know, DS has been asking all week to have family game night and play Monopoly and I have been too busy- laundry, dinner, soccer practice, Avon, etc... tonight when I get home- dinner can wait. I'm playing Monopoly with my kids. Life is too precious.