PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance

Mindibellcm
07-23-2006, 12:35 PM
I have read alot about trip insurance. I have visited ***************** and compared policies. I have also searched the posts here. I figured out 2 things: I need the insurance and it's more than likely cheaper with better coverage to get it myself rather than thru disney. I have also figured out that purchasing most policies within 15 days of making your deposit will allow you not to have any pre-existing medical conditions. But I am still confused as to which one to buy.

I looked at the Travelguard Essential and Essential Expanded. The Essential Expanded seemed to have better coverage but was less expensive. I didn't understand that.

Does anyone know of a list anywhere that shows which main policies cover for hurricanes and which don't? I need something easier to understand. Thanks in advance.

allears
07-23-2006, 01:07 PM
We find comparing the trip insurance companies confusing as well. That's why we always just have our TA book it with DCL through our package. Since we've now had experience using it during a Hurricane, we know it works and they communicate directly with the cruise line. Access America is the company and that's who our TA recommends when we've purchased it for other trips. For this September's cruise it's costing $514 for six of us or a little over $85 each. I'm sure there are cheaper ones, I just don't want to do that much homework for the savings and I know that last time I had to file claims, we got back a good bit more than we paid.