PDA

View Full Version : Are we ok on luggage?

njmomboys2
07-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi there.....we leave in 4 days!! YEAH...doing Universal a few days before we sail on 7/29 7 Day Western...haven't fully packed but looking like this:

2 Rolling Duffel Bags for our 2 boys (ages 11 & 6)
1 Large suitcase
2 medium suitcases..I think...might turn out to be 1 medium.
1 garment bag

My husband will then be carrying on our camera bag and I will have a carry on bag.

The boys are bringing their backpacks on the plane...can they be checked with the rest of our luggage..they won't need them on departure day?

Any thoughts??

cepmom
07-23-2006, 08:19 AM
I got this idea from another diser last year....she put the garment bag inside a large suitcase, that way she had an extra suitcase to bring everything home in.

Or how about an extra small duffle of some kind for souveneirs

make sure you put a little of everbody's clothes in each suitcase, that way if one gets lost or is late arriving, you will still have other clothes in another bag.

WDWLVR
07-23-2006, 08:21 AM
You should be fine. You are given two luggage tags per person. Will the boys backpacks have any electronics in them? Like mp3 players or video games? If so you might want to keep them with them so they don't run the risk of being damaged or go missing. Better safe than sorry.

Andrew DEREK UK
07-23-2006, 08:44 AM
I get the expandable bags I seems we always come back with double bags from when we went, the biggest problem is my car at the airport on the way back fitting it in.

Cindy B
07-23-2006, 09:57 AM
wow.. thats a lot!

For our four person family, we are doing this for our seven day cruise.

We are doing four rolling duffles (one with an attached garment bag).

Kids will have backpacks, I will have either a large purse/suitcase combo and DH will bring a backpack or laptop bag.

lbgraves
07-23-2006, 12:18 PM
That sounds about right to me. I pack a large suitcase for DH and one for me. One has the kid's clothes in it. A smaller one for shoes. The garment bag. A case for costumes (princess dresses) and pirate night stuff. We have a couple carry on sized bags & the kid's backpacks with the rolling cooler. You can take as much as you want to store in your room. :) If you need extra tags, the porters will have them at the terminal.

stampinshauna
07-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Have tons of fun! If you are flying, just make sure that you are under the weight limit. We tend to do better not taking large suitcases because they can be too heavy.

mamaof2
07-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi!!!

I have 2 dds ages 3 and 4. I packed 1 lg 1 med. and 2 backpacks. I really felt that I over packed. I didn't have the chance to use 1/2 the things that I took with me. Just stock up on bathing suits. They will be in it the entire day. Don't worry about towels--they have plenty on board.. And don't forget to pack up the smiles----cause you will love being there. They also have washing machines which I used-- Enjoy your trip....

scrapperjill
07-23-2006, 05:31 PM
It seemed like we packed so many bags and didn't use so much of what we had. If I remember right for the four of us we had two bags and a carry on each (two of which were empty on the way there)...either way it was WAY to much stuff to tote around.

I did try my best to pack light...but thing like snorkel gear, cameras and equiptment, laptops and all that dinner wear (formal wear and pirate night stuff) really adds up.

I'd LOVE to pack a carry on sized bag for everyone and be done with it...but I really don't see it happening....Anyone else get lucky enough to pack like this? If so how in the world did you do it???