PDA

View Full Version : Should I do it, or not?

Gradar1
07-22-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm seriously thinking of going on a 3 or 4 day cruise in March during Spring Break next year with DF....but the other time I cruised (with Carnival in June 2005....and loved it!), I went for 5 nights. I loved the cruise, but I only wish it could have been longer...I would really want to do a Disney this time...I really want to check out Castaway Cay!..but I don't know if I can afford a longer cruise....are the 3 or 4 day cruises worth it? Or should I spend more time saving (or try and see if I can have more money by March) for a longer cruise?

princess22
07-23-2006, 12:05 AM
That's a tough one because you already know you like to cruise and you already know that a 5 day was too short. If you can't afford a 7 night though, a 4 night is a good back up. It's a cruise still! On a four night you will still have a day at sea, but I still don't think it's enough time.

My vote is that if you have the patience to save your money, then save it and wait. I think when you said a 5 night was too short, that was a sign, you need to do a 7 nighter!

Otimon
07-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Life is short! Who knows what will happen between now and next March to eat up your extra money.

If you have the opportunity to take a 3 or 4 night (preferably 4 night) then I say go for it. Yes, the cruise will go by quickly (the 7 night does, also) but better to have gone by quickly than not to have gone by at all.

Start planning what you know you can afford and enjoy.

Kimmielee
07-23-2006, 09:39 AM
May I suggest don't go during Spring Break when prices are so high and go on a 7 night at another time of year?

We did the 4 night Wonder the week after Easter and for only $400 more we are doing the 7 night at Halloween in 2007. That's the same category (Cat 6)and technically due to on board credits, it's the same price!! ($200 from DCL for re-booking on board and $200 from my TA).

We LOVED the 4 night but it really was too short and very expensive that time of year!

Good luck with your decision! :goodvibes

Andrew DEREK UK
07-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Go to the bank manager and get a seven Day DCL cruise!

Echo queen
07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I vote for the 7 day :thumbsup2

TheDisneyTraveler06
07-23-2006, 04:30 PM
We did a 3 night on the Wonder in June!

VERY WORTH IT.

Yes, it was short, but heck, a Disney Cruise is a Disney Cruise- No matter the length!

Whatever you choose- Have a great time!