PDA

View Full Version : Can you choose to NOT have tablemates?

off to neverland
07-22-2006, 09:53 PM
My husband and I do a lot of socializing here at home, and his job requires him to have many meals with clients in which he has to "visit."

Though we like meeting new people, we would like to not have to be overly social at dinner, and have quiet family meals instead, since this his vacation and he makes conversation during work meals all the time.

There are four of us in the family....... Are we allowed to have a small table with just us?

lbgraves
07-22-2006, 10:01 PM
You can request a table for 4. When you board, go to dining resies and check to see if you have been assigned to one. If not, try to make a change at that time.

DVC Mary
07-22-2006, 11:56 PM
We've had a table for 4 on both our cruises. We enjoy our family time. I requested it when I booked & got it both times w/o a problem.

woody73
07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
. . . Are we allowed to have a small table with just us?

You can request one.

But I have found that sharing a table greatly enhances the cruise experience (sharing experiences, advice, and tips).

Woody

Fairy_Tale_Bride
07-23-2006, 04:59 AM
It will be my one-year anniversary and birthday during the cruise, is it possible to book a table just for 2? I want to find out before I call and make the request. :)

WDWLVR
07-23-2006, 06:27 AM
The smallest table I've seen in the rooms (with the exception of Palo) is 4.

To the OP - a request for a table for 4 is common and easily met. Any time we've requested one (when traveling with my in-laws) we've gotten in. As Lisa suggested request it now and then verify it up on boarding.

Fairy_Tale_Bride - again you can request it but unless the ship is sailing at well below capacity you most likely won't get it. It doesn't hurt to ask but I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Andrew DEREK UK
07-23-2006, 07:40 AM
I have had a table for 4 each cruise so far, Also if you are not happy the resturant manager should be able to move you, its his job.

butlersdidit
07-23-2006, 08:54 AM
We often request and get a table just for two. it is usually the first thing my DW and I do once we get on board. It is a time we like to spend together, almost like a nice date every evening.

disneyjunkie
07-23-2006, 09:23 AM
We often request and get a table just for two. it is usually the first thing my DW and I do once we get on board. It is a time we like to spend together, almost like a nice date every evening.

How successful have you been? Do you travel during peak times?

I'm thinking about booking the Thanksgiving 2007 cruise. I would really like for my son and me to have our own table. However, I have a feeling this won't happen since we're traveling during a busy time. :confused3

butlersdidit
07-23-2006, 11:34 AM
we have never had a problem. we usually go different times throughout the year, but never at Thanksgiving

off to neverland
07-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the great answers, everyone!

datsyukchick
07-23-2006, 02:10 PM
You can request a table for 4. When you board, go to dining resies and check to see if you have been assigned to one. If not, try to make a change at that time.

Where do you go on board to do this? It's the Rockin Bar D for Palos (right?) Can you change dining reservations there, or is it someplace else? :confused3
Thanks!

lbgraves
07-23-2006, 02:59 PM
It is in the same location.

Fairy_Tale_Bride
07-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Thank you! Thank you! I will call and make the request and then check in with the dining services once I get there! :thumbsup2