PDA

View Full Version : Art Auctions on Board

butlersdidit
07-22-2006, 07:53 PM
I have only been on the cruise once when they have been doing the auctions, but was wondering...

At the first of the auctions on my trip they did a "Reverse" auction, where they start at one price and keep going down until someone bids. The first time they did this the first person to bid was given the art for free ( to encourage others to bid).

My question is...
Do they do the exact same thing on every cruise? I mean free art is free art.

tde1969
07-22-2006, 09:58 PM
They do reverse auctions on the cruise but be careful.. They also do free drinks at the art auction and there is a reason. I now am the proud owner of some great Art, thanks to the free drinks and my ability to raise my hand. Our last cruise I spent a little over $25,000.00 but it was alot of fun and now we have disney art in our formal dining room.

gowensby
07-22-2006, 10:07 PM
I went to the Live Art Auction. Though I did not bid it was still interesting. I took the whole experience as an art lesson. They had a drawing at the end for four pieces of unframed art. I wish I had done that. Take it as an educational experience and you won't be disappointed. Sorry that I don't know about the free art at the beginning. They did give everyone a free print at the end.