PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Rasul Spa Experience

theperlings
07-22-2006, 03:43 PM
DH and I have booked the Exotic Rasul (former Surial Bath) at the spa. I am just wondering do you tip for this? If so, who do you tip?

Thanks!

webray
07-22-2006, 03:58 PM
You tip the person who lets you in and out, she/he will explain the products to you and give you your receipt for payment.

Enjoy!

Marypoppinsiam
07-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Yep- that is who we tipped also. :thumbsup2

CRSNDSNY
07-22-2006, 08:06 PM
You can easily add the tip when you are signing your payment receipt afterwards. Enjoy the Rasul...DH and I did that a few years ago and we enjoyed it.

Echo queen
07-23-2006, 05:20 PM
This was a great experience for me and dh, I would recommend this early in your cruise. After taking the tour of the spa on the first day, I decided to do this the 2nd day, wonderful :thumbsup2

flexsmom
07-23-2006, 05:56 PM
OK - I'll go out on a limb and address the "how much" question. In full disclosure, I haven't done the Rasul, but if I did, I don't think I'd tip as much as I do for massages, facials, etc., because let's face it - other than letting you in/out and explaining the products, the spa employee doesn't actually DO anything unlike those other more "full-service" treatments! To me it's the same as the distinction I make when I'm at a buffet restaurant vs full-service. I tip the person bringing me drinks, but I don't tip 15-20% of my full buffet charge! I usually tip 18-20% at spas, but for the Rasul-type service, I think I'd go with no more than 10%. But that's just my rationale......

Marypoppinsiam
07-23-2006, 07:02 PM
We only tipped 10% also. She didn't spend much time with us so that is why only 10%.

Mommaraven
07-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Can someone describe how it works in the rasul for me? I'm going with DBF in September and am considering booking this treatment. How did ya'll experienced cruisers enjoy it?

Dandy8
07-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Can someone describe how it works in the rasul for me? I'm going with DBF in September and am considering booking this treatment. How did ya'll experienced cruisers enjoy it?

DH & I did this treament on a RCCL ship 3 years ago. Its just the 2 of you and all the person from the spa does is explain what you are supposed to do so I don't think a large tip is necessary if you give one (I can't remember what we tipped). If it's the same treatment that you are talking about they have a room with a shower area & a small sauna. You wash each other with an exfoliating mud scrub then sit in the sauna, after a certain amount of time water comes out of spickets in the sauna to wash you off then they provide you with many different oils for each of you to massage into each other. I highly recommend it....

Par8hed
07-26-2006, 12:10 PM
You wash each other with an exfoliating mud scrub then sit in the sauna, after a certain amount of time water comes out of spickets in the sauna to wash you off then they provide you with many different oils for each of you to massage into each other. .

Is THAT what you're supposed to do in there?

Dandy8
07-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Is THAT what you're supposed to do in there?

Ok, so now I'm blushing......

It is a couples spa treatment, just you and your significant other in a closed room.....I'm sure others have had a lot more go on during that treatment than you'd want to know. ;)

jotop
07-27-2006, 02:18 PM
My DH was thinking the same thing :cool1:!!!! How much $$ would this cost and how much time? :cloud9:

This would be my DH if we did this :dancer:!!!

Deb in IA
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
We "did" this 4 weeks ago . . . I think it was $85 for an hour . . .

As for what "it" is . . . OK, here's the scenario: You and your spouse/signficant other, a steam room, a locked door, NO KIDS, and a variety of body scrubs, mud packs, lotions, and oils . . . ;) ;) ;)

jotop
07-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a lot of :love2: and fun!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Echo queen
07-27-2006, 06:35 PM
My DH was thinking the same thing :cool1:!!!! How much $$ would this cost and how much time? :cloud9:

This would be my DH if we did this :dancer:!!!

I think all dh's do that dance after this spa treatment :rotfl2: :lmao: I know my dh did. :blush: :woohoo:

Hey Hey this is a family board. :laundy:

one princess
07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey Echo queen! I should have known I would find you on a thread about the Rasul. :rotfl2: I have a pic of your dh with a big goofy grin on his face and I think that was at least 3 days after the rasul! How are you? My dh let me rebook for next spring break. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jackie :sunny: