PDA

View Full Version : Water at Castaway Cay?

teach22180
07-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi all,
I was wondering about bottles of water when we are at the beach? Since we are flying into Orlando and without a rental car, I was planning on buying just a couple of water bottles and refilling them throughout our week at WDW and on the cruise. Are there places to do that on Castaway Cay?

There's no reason to have a bunch of water bottles because we can't keep them cold, anyway (unless I can squeeze a cooler into my luggage). So, I don't see a reason to buy them at that super "Disney" price if we can just refill them.

Thanks in advance! We are less than 2 weeks from our trip, and I've learned so much from you experienced people. :thumbsup2

musicgirl
07-21-2006, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't bother keeping them unless you want to take them into ports other than CC.

You can get water at any time from the drink station at Cookies.

JLSE50
07-22-2006, 12:34 AM
We take our own 1 liter water bottles in insulated bags that just fit them. We fill the bottles each night from the sink in the room and put them in the in-room cooler. In the morning we put the bottle in the insulated bag, pull the drawstring tight and off we go. Cool water anywhere--on the ship, in port on CC and on excursions.
Jan :earsgirl:

teach22180
07-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the good info! Maybe I'll see if I can fit a little soft cooler into the luggage...

Marypoppinsiam
07-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Take a soft sided cooler with you or just buy one once on board. We used this for our excursions and at CC to keep things cool. It is one item that I am so glad we took along. :goodvibes

mom x4,grandma x4
07-25-2006, 07:09 AM
besides Cookies BBq for water all the restrooms have water fountains at them, plus if you walk or ride bikes on the trails they have ice cold water in water stations there. It really tastes so good on a hot day. We always stop on our walks and get drinks and fill up our water bottles. You will see a brown wooden tall box that will have water and paper cups at it for you to use.

mom x4,grandma x4

teach22180
07-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Guess I'm not the first person to think about water at the beach, huh? :blush:
Thanks everyone!

amygavincruise
07-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Can you get Soda at Cookies Drink Station all day? I didn't know if it would be just open at lunchtime or open all day.
If it is open I might bring a insulated mug to fill up and keep full!

TIA!

amygavincruise
07-26-2006, 09:01 AM
BUMP!
Anyone know if soda is available all day at Cookies?
My last Cruise we missed Castaway Cay, so I've never been there. :sad2: