PDA

View Full Version : Cat 5 ? _ Enough room for 4

disneymum2
07-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello Everyone :wave2:

My DH is worried that there isn't enough room for the 4 of us in a cat 5 room (us and 2 DK).
Since we won't be in the room much, he is worried about where he will sleep.

For those of you on a cat 5 or 6 - did you think you could comfortably sleep 4? :Pinkbounc

WDWLVR
07-21-2006, 07:34 PM
You can easily sleep 4. You and DH share a queen bed. One child gets the sofa that gets made into a bed at night and the 2nd child gets a bunk that comes down out of the ceiling.

disneymum2
07-21-2006, 07:45 PM
You can easily sleep 4. You and DH share a queen bed. One child gets the sofa that gets made into a bed at night and the 2nd child gets a bunk that comes down out of the ceiling.

Thanks, I didn't know about the bunk that comes down from the ceiling :thumbsup2

Now we'll just have to deal with the two of them fighting over the bunk LOL :rotfl2:

WDWLVR
07-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks, I didn't know about the bunk that comes down from the ceiling :thumbsup2

Now we'll just have to deal with the two of them fighting over the bunk LOL :rotfl2:

My friends usually have the kids switch so they both have a chance.

TheYES!man
07-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes!!

lbgraves
07-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Staterooms cats 5-10 are actually the same size inside. The listing of sq footage includes the verandah on DCL's site & the passporter. ;)

4KsLUVDisney
07-21-2006, 09:33 PM
We just took DCL on June 1 and have a Cat. 5 room. It was myself, DH, DD14 and DS8. They loved sleeping on the sleeper sofa and the pull down bed. They slept great they said. My DH and I have a king size bed at home and thought we would not like the bed on the cruise but we both slept good also and it was very comfortable. Having the vernandah helped us not feel closed it while we were in the room. Loved the cat.5 room and am booking a 2nd cruise in the same cat. and actually trying to get the same room again for our cruise in March 2007.

You will love it.

Wishing you pixie dust on your cruise.

musicgirl
07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Most people would even venture to tell you there is enough room in a cat 11.

I know my sister's family of 4 had no problems.

There are only 3 of us, dh is 6'3', ds is 6', I'm the only short one. But we've always been in a cat. 11 for all four of our trips.

So.....cat. 5 should be great!

kcashner
07-22-2006, 09:13 AM
You won't have any trouble with sleeping space (as above.) We don't spend much time in our cabin, so don't feel there is a problem during the day. There certainly isn't "excess" space, but there's way more to do than sit on the couch ordering room service.......

Put the empty suitcases under the bed, along with the lifejackets to make more storage space.

sunshinegirl
07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Can a 5 year old sleep in the top bunk? I guess I am afraid of her rolling off, although she has only rolled off of her bed at home once in the last year. It seems a little scary with the way that the boat shifts. Am I just paranoid?

lbgraves
07-22-2006, 12:16 PM
DS was 5 on our first cruise & he slept on the top bunk without a problem. Now DD is 5 & wants to have turn but he doesn't want to give up "his" bed. LOL!

LAMPSKIES
07-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello Everyone :wave2:

My DH is worried that there isn't enough room for the 4 of us in a cat 5 room (us and 2 DK).
Since we won't be in the room much, he is worried about where he will sleep.

For those of you on a cat 5 or 6 - did you think you could comfortably sleep 4? :Pinkbounc

How old are "DKs"? The last 2 years we booked 2 staterooms......one cat. 6 and one 11 or 12 depending on the 6......they were 13 and 11 the first time the room was right across the hall and they LOVED the darkness on sea days...slept in.......the price was with 100 buck total........advantage......verandah early with coffee or bloody Mary.....no DDs saying "I'm trying to sleep"........extra bathroom with 2 girls comes in handy.......and Oh ya, myself and DW some "quiet time".......