PDA

View Full Version : Did you get your Disney docs yet??

SplashMom
07-21-2006, 06:10 PM
We are going to WDW in August--7 nights at Pop Aug 14-21 and 7 nights at AKL Aug 21-28. It has been paid off since May although the 45 days prior was June 29. I still haven't received any luggage tags or documentation from Disney. In the past, it has taken about 2 weeks but it is 3 full weeks and still nothing. Anyone else waiting for their documents?? :confused3

zookeeper
07-21-2006, 07:08 PM
We will be at POP from Aug.26th - Sept.1st. I received our ME tags about a week and a half ago, but nothing else from Disney. Our 45 day mark was only July 11th though so it's probably too early yet.

madonna31
07-21-2006, 10:45 PM
In short, I'm waiting for a TON of documents. ;)

The DME tags came just days after the 45 day mark, whereas the WDTC vouchers take FOREVER to arrive...

August 14th - 21st? Your still 3 weeks out, that's LOTS of time for them to arrive yet. Not to worry though, all you need is your reservation number and/or surname that the reservation is under in order to receive everything in your package at check in. :)

newfietoo
07-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi, We are going to Pop Century August 19th to 29th..

We recieved our DME tags on July 10th ,the vouchers and rest of the documentation on July 12th..

We were paid in full by June 28th so I was really surprised that we got them so quickly..

I wouldn't worry though you do have the 3 weeks left but if you do not have them by 2 weeks you should call..

mbb
07-22-2006, 08:42 PM
...I would call, and explain you're leaving early (Splashmom is driving, so no DME from the airport), so you won't be home to receive your check-in documents.

As long as you have your Confirmation numbers, they should be able to give you everything else upon check-in.

And you could always ask them to fax copies to you, too:)

Heehee :goodvibes ..I'm getting excited for you, too! Not much time left to go!!! :drive: :drive:

Let's go OT for a second...just for a second, I promise!! :teeth:
So we've talked about SM's must-have eats :mickeybar , must-do rides pirate: ...now what's on the list for must-have souvin-ears??!!:tink:

:sunny:

mbb
07-22-2006, 08:44 PM
In short, I'm waiting for a TON of documents. ;) ...

I can just imagine!! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:sunny:

SplashMom
07-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the advice--I think I will call tomorrow. I have my confirmation numbers but I am sure I normally have received my documents by now (since I only have 18 days to go!!).

I can't believe that I am getting really excited about the drive! :teeth: My first thoughts were about how long it was but now it seems like an adventure!

Hmmm...souvenirs...I always love the Disney World calendars. I can't usually get one because we normally go in the spring. I have had other people get one for me but this year, I can get my own!! :banana: I think I'll get one for the kitchen, one for my bedroom, one for work...and maybe another one just incase!! We always buy beach towels too. My kids are lifeguards and we have a pool so towels are well used. Of course, the most important item is my Disney snowglobe! I have six but I will be adding one to my collection! Anyone else have a favorite souvenir?

Thanks mbb--you always get me more excited with your comments!! :yay:

madonna31
07-24-2006, 02:31 PM
FYI - I received a few sets of documents today for the week of August 14th - 21st. But I'm still waiting on more.

I also know for a fact that these particular ones were mailed out by Disney on June 30th. So it can indeed take some time to get over the border. :)

Debbie
07-24-2006, 05:34 PM
What documents are we talking about? I received my ME tags a couple of weeks ago (trip is Aug. 15-23), and I have a confirmation that lists what we have, but no Planet Hollywood voucher. Will that come before we get there? Anything else? This is the first time that I've done a "package" with WDTC, so I haven't a clue. (Not that that's new! :rotfl: )

SplashMom
07-24-2006, 06:40 PM
We normally get a little plastic package with luggage tags and vouchers for your resort, tickets, and any other promo items that may be included (Planet Hollywood, etc.). I still didn't receive anything so I called today. Everything is confirmed so the CM said not to worry, I should receive something soon. She checked and my reservations are fine so I'll just hope to get something tomorrow!

Marcy Mouse
07-29-2006, 02:27 AM
We are checking in on Aug 14 and I received my docs on July 20th!!! I had my trip paid off for some time but got the docs on July 20th.

Marcy

zookeeper
07-29-2006, 07:58 AM
28 days out and no docs yet. :sad2: I did receive ME tags a while back. I know it's not a big deal it's just so exciting to get them so I wish they were here already.

SplashMom
07-29-2006, 08:23 AM
I finally received my luggage tags, etc. on July 27. This is cutting it a little close since we are driving. There is still time but why does it take so long? The date on the docs was July 1 and it was in an air mail package. Good thing there was no rush!

madonna31
07-29-2006, 12:25 PM
SplashMom - I just received the remainder of my docs yesterday (July 28th) for August 14th departures.

I have NO idea why they take so long, especially given the fact that the ones I was waiting for were mailed out June 30th. :confused3

This is cutting it a little close since we are driving
Tell me about it. I have someone leaving August 14th to St. Pete's and they are heading to WDW for free dining a week after that. Needless to say, I highly doubt that their docs will arrive in time for their departure to St. Pete's.

But the sad truth is, Disney doesn't care. Since you don't *need* these vouchers or luggage tags to check in, they won't 'bend over backwards' to get them out to us in time. :rolleyes:

F4disneyfan
07-29-2006, 01:42 PM
We just recieved our cruise docs and we don't even sail till Dec.

misslissa
07-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm gonna be leaving Sept. 9th... I hope mine come soon! It sounds like everyone is getting their stuff about a month out. I haven't gotten ME tags or anything... just a payment confirmation... :confused3

tribus121
07-30-2006, 07:46 PM
All iI have receved is Confirmation numbers and Airport info we are leaving sept 11

newfie
07-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I still have not received all of my documents I have the ME one and we leave on Aug. 22 I called Disney and they said if I had not received them by the end of next week to call them.

zookeeper
07-31-2006, 11:11 PM
26 days out and no docs yet. <<sigh>>

disyady
08-01-2006, 02:39 PM
We are driving to Disney Aug 19 arriving @ Beach Club Mon Aug 21 for a week on the MYW Free Dining Package. All I have ever received is a 2 page confirmation of my reservation details. What else should I be expecting and when should I have gotten it or do you get all info at check-in??

zookeeper
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
You should get a package with luggage tags, certificate for Planet Hollywood and another confirmation page. As long as you've got your confirmation and you are in their computer system you'll be OK even if you don't get it before you leave. You can always call Disney to double check that everything's OK. Since you're driving you don't need to worry about ME tags. As far as I know that's all you would be missing. As for me...25 days out and no docs yet. *sighs* :sad2:

MouseFaninQueue
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Well I haven't booked through Disney before, but I have booked through BCAA and got all of my documents well in advance of any trips I have planned.

This year's trip we aren't leaving until Oct 28 and our cruise portion isn't until Nov 5 but we have already received some documents and info on our cruise (that plus the airfare is fully paid for already).

Last year going through BCAA to DL we had our documents several weeks before we left. Actually made us nervous that we would lose them before we left.

I do know that MANY times my mother (in Kansas City) has sent packages to my daughters and those packages have gone through USPS into Canada to Canada Post and her tracking numbers show that it has left the US and then it takes almost 3x as long for Canada Post to get it to me. Same thing when I send things the other way. Canada Post seems to take a LONG time whereas mail in the US seems to get their quicker.

SuAnne
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
We leave on Aug 25 and so far all we have received are the DME tags which came about 3 weeks ago. Nothing else yet though but I keep checking the mail every day.

madonna31
08-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Well I haven't booked through Disney before, but I have booked through BCAA and got all of my documents well in advance of any trips I have planned.

I've booked so many times through Disney directly, that I've lost count. ;)

But NEVER have the documents taken THIS long to arrive! They are usually here a good month - 6 weeks (if not more) in advance of travel time. My educated guess is that Disney is bombarded with the free dining offer, hence all of the delays with documents. :rolleyes:

This year's trip we aren't leaving until Oct 28 and our cruise portion isn't until Nov 5 but we have already received some documents and info on our cruise (that plus the airfare is fully paid for already).

DCL is completely different. Although it is still a Disney company, it is a completely separate entity. So they do not run the same, as DCL must follow majority of cruise ship rules and regs. That being said, although you do receive that nice little package from DCL well in advance, you won't receive your actual cruise documents until about 21 days prior to travel. :)

F4disneyfan
08-01-2006, 05:58 PM

Last year going through BCAA to DL we had our documents several weeks before we left. Actually made us nervous that we would lose them before we left.

I do know that MANY times my mother (in Kansas City) has sent packages to my daughters and those packages have gone through USPS into Canada to Canada Post and her tracking numbers show that it has left the US and then it takes almost 3x as long for Canada Post to get it to me. Same thing when I send things the other way. Canada Post seems to take a LONG time whereas mail in the US seems to get their quicker.

We have found the opposite we send things to my sister in PA and it gets to teh border in a matter of a day or 2 max and then seems to take 5-7 days to arrive to her in PA after it clears the border check.

zookeeper
08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
She opens her mailbox with anticipation and...... :sad2:

24 days out and no docs yet. *sighs*

disyady
08-02-2006, 05:20 PM
You should get a package with luggage tags, certificate for Planet Hollywood and another confirmation page. As long as you've got your confirmation and you are in their computer system you'll be OK even if you don't get it before you leave. You can always call Disney to double check that everything's OK. Since you're driving you don't need to worry about ME tags. As far as I know that's all you would be missing. As for me...25 days out and no docs yet. *sighs* :sad2:
Thanks. I sure would like to get those luggage tags! Oh well, 16 days 'til we leave - there's still hope!!

Debbie
08-02-2006, 10:53 PM
We arrive on August 15 for eight days. AND.....the docs arrived today! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Time to get packing! :goodvibes

zookeeper
08-03-2006, 06:31 AM
WOOHOO DEBBIE!!! There's hope for the rest of us yet!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

Now...get off these boards and start packing!!!!!!! And don't forget to attach those luggage tags!

SplashMom
08-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I did receive the first set of docs but we have two reservations (one at Pop and one at AKL) and I still haven't received the other one yet. We are leaving a week from today so I am optimistic that they will arrive tomorrow! :rolleyes: Our check-in for the second package is August 21 so hopefully they come soon!

zookeeper
08-04-2006, 10:48 AM
22 days out and...you guessed it... :sad2:

SuAnne
08-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Three weeks from today and still nothing for me either :guilty:

NAB
08-04-2006, 11:01 PM
We go Aug. 20 until 27 and got ours last week . It came in the mail.

tribus121
08-05-2006, 04:50 AM
We got our yellow tags and me info thursday and have our airport info should we be getting more we are leaving in 37 days ?
:disrocks:

zookeeper
08-08-2006, 09:44 PM
18 days out and nothing yet :sad2:

Although...really I should be saying "18 DAYS OUT!!WOOHOO!!! :banana: :cheer2: (shh...Don't tell anyone, but that's how I really feel, although getting the luggage tags before we go would be nice)

SplashMom
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Time's up for us! :confused3 We leave tomorrow morning and still nothing in today's mail. We received documents for our first package but nothing for our stay at AKL--we are checking in on August 21. It seems like we should have received it by now. Oh well, I have our reservation numbers so hopefully we won't have a problem.

SuAnne
08-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Nada here either. Good thing we have out luggage tags from last year but I was hoping we'd get them for our friends we are going with..it's their first trip. Oh well...on the bright side...only 16 days to go :banana:

zookeeper
08-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Have a great trip SplashMom!! :wave2:

17 days until we leave and no docs yet :sad2:

MICKEY!!!! DON"T FORGET ABOUT THE CANADIANS!!!!!!!!

mom22belles
08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Have a great trip SplashMom!! :wave2:

17 days until we leave and no docs yet :sad2:

MICKEY!!!! DON"T FORGET ABOUT THE CANADIANS!!!!!!!!

!7 days for us too! And no we've not gotten an docs. either.

Nancy

madonna31
08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
17 days for us too! And no we've not gotten an docs. either.

I just want everyone to know that it's not Mickey's fault for the delayed docs. When docs are mailed out July 7th and it's August 9th and they haven't been received yet...you can blame it all on our wonderful postal system. :rolleyes:

Wazzo
08-10-2006, 01:03 AM
We are leaving September 4th, and we got our DME tags by UPS a couple of weeks ago.

My TA said she mailed out the luggage tag package on the 6th. Here's hoping USPS gets it here on time! :rolleyes1

MammaKat
08-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi all!

I had a UPS delivery yesterday, the Magic Express tags.

I'm still waiting for the other docs. Trip paid in full since
(only) Aug 2.

We're excited, it's the 1st trip ever for me and the kids! :cheer2:

zookeeper
08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
16 days and still nothing. :sad2:

16 days??? I should probably stop checking the mailbox and start packing!! :cool1:

SuAnne
08-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Zookeeper...hopefully yours will be to you any day. Got ours today! 15 days out. AKL here we come :cool1:

zookeeper
08-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Zookeeper...hopefully yours will be to you any day. Got ours today! 15 days out. AKL here we come :cool1:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's really sad when that's the first thing I think about in the morning! :rotfl:

mom22belles
08-10-2006, 07:16 PM
:cool1: party: :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Ours came today. Maybe you will get yours tomorrow Zookeeper!

Nancy

zookeeper
08-10-2006, 09:05 PM
:cool1: party: :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Ours came today. Maybe you will get yours tomorrow Zookeeper!

Nancy

Ok you guys. I'm having flashbacks of grade school and being the last one picked for a team!!! :sad1:

misslissa
08-11-2006, 08:13 AM
I live in Canada and am leaving Sept. 9th. We got our paid statement and our ME tags... is there anything else that we should be getting? We haven't gotten our Planet Hollywood voucher, do we get that when we check in? :wizard:

zookeeper
08-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Last mail delivery for the week :sad2:

I guess there's always Monday. *sighs*

BTW...15 days out! :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :yay: :bounce:

mom22belles
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I live in Canada and am leaving Sept. 9th. We got our paid statement and our ME tags... is there anything else that we should be getting? We haven't gotten our Planet Hollywood voucher, do we get that when we check in? :wizard:

Our Planet Hollywood vouchers came in the mail. We also got " vouchers" for our hotel room which I don't believe you need as long as you have your confirmation number. And we got luggage tags. We are not using ME so I'm not sure if they are the same as ME. They are hard plastic with a Castle hollogram picture on them.

Nancy

momto1disneyfan
08-11-2006, 07:17 PM
We leave on August 22nd and just got are documents from disney yesterday.

newfie
08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
I leave on Aug. 22 and finally got my final documents today :cool1:

zookeeper
08-14-2006, 12:16 PM
OK, My son is checking (for the 3rd time) to see if the mail came today............(the suspense is killing me)............................he's on his way back from the mailbox (run, boy,run!)...........what's that ? He's got an envelope in his hand...............could it be? could it finally be?? .......

:cool1: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay: :bounce: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :bounce: :yay:

12 days out and my luggage tags finally made it!

misslissa
08-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Our Planet Hollywood vouchers came in the mail. We also got " vouchers" for our hotel room which I don't believe you need as long as you have your confirmation number. And we got luggage tags. We are not using ME so I'm not sure if they are the same as ME. They are hard plastic with a Castle hollogram picture on them.

Nancy

When are you leaving??? :confused3

misslissa
08-14-2006, 06:03 PM
OK, My son is checking (for the 3rd time) to see if the mail came today............(the suspense is killing me)............................he's on his way back from the mailbox (run, boy,run!)...........what's that ? He's got an envelope in his hand...............could it be? could it finally be?? .......

:cool1: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay: :bounce: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :bounce: :yay:

12 days out and my luggage tags finally made it!

YIPEE FOR ANYTHING IN THE MAIL FROM DISNEY... :rotfl:

I'm a big Disney geek... I'm getting embarrassed about all of the time that I spend talking about Disney at work. :rolleyes: :cheer2:

crazyhunter98
08-14-2006, 06:47 PM
hi everyone just a few words to say that we got our docs- luggage tage for dme four days ago and we are forty days away from leaving on our first trip to wdw :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :yay:

mom22belles
08-14-2006, 06:53 PM
When are you leaving??? :confused3

12 days party:

CDN
08-14-2006, 07:01 PM
We got our Disney luggage tags in the mail today but that's it and we leave on Saturday. Should I be worried?

disyady
08-14-2006, 08:27 PM
We're leaving Fri and still nothing. As long as you have your confirmation # and call to re-check everything should be OK. I am still very disappointed that nothing came - I check the mail like a kid at Christmas every afternoon!