PDA

View Full Version : Why no Castaway Club stuff?

mndisfam
07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi - we took our first cruise in June...So, I guess we are official members of Castaway Club!

I thought we would be getting brochures and deals in the mail and thru email...Haven't gotten a thing.

Is it too soon?

webray
07-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Our first cruise was in 2003 and we have never ever received a thing, I had to call to get our cc numbers when I booked our second cruise.

mommasita
07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
We have never received a thing eitehr. We did like the previous poster. However, you still may receive something, it is still early. Otherwise get the number, it is all you need. :thumbsup2

lbgraves
07-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Don't expect any deals on cruises. ;) You sometimes will get an advertisement for the most part or a recipe. The kids like getting the post cards from Mickey.

Mousema
07-21-2006, 07:30 PM
We took the 3rd cruise ever. We got cards and maybe once a year we get a flyer. That's it.

BelievesinMagic
07-21-2006, 07:33 PM
When we cruised he first time in 2003 we didn't get something right away. I think it was 3 - 6 mos. later we got a very nice letter and our CC number.

keishashadow
07-21-2006, 08:22 PM
We got a cracked CC cd...have been trying to get it replaced for months w/o success:rolleyes1 ...if anyone has an extra copy, I'd be interested.:banana:

Assume DCL doesn't have to offer discounts to get return cruisers ala the other lines.

lbgraves
07-21-2006, 08:49 PM
We got a cracked CC cd...have been trying to get it replaced for months w/o success:rolleyes1 ...if anyone has an extra copy, I'd be interested.:banana:

Assume DCL doesn't have to offer discounts to get return cruisers ala the other lines.

The CD was downloaded to BuddyBear's website for everyone to have access to. It is in one of the tip stickies on this forum. :)

keishashadow
07-21-2006, 08:57 PM
The CD was downloaded to BuddyBear's website for everyone to have access to. It is in one of the tip stickies on this forum. :)
thanks, I'm downloading as I type.:banana:

marlaymike
07-21-2006, 09:01 PM
We went on May and we did not received anything, we just called for our cc numbers

texasthree
07-21-2006, 09:06 PM
we sailed in may and just got out castaway club cards yesterday.

woody73
07-22-2006, 12:25 AM
We had to call to get our CC numbers.

Woody

DisneyMommyMichelle
07-22-2006, 12:30 AM
we get stuff probably every other month, but it took our second cruise for them to come this often. We got a Cd, some coconut letters and we got some super cute ariel post cards and some mickey postcards. i can't remember what else and DH is asleep. :)

Marypoppinsiam
07-24-2006, 01:40 PM
we received our CC cards and CD probably about 2 months after we sailed. We just received an coconut gram in the mail the other day. :thumbsup2

disgrits
07-24-2006, 02:59 PM
We sailed in June and I was wondering the same thing....so I emailed DCL, and I received all of our CC numbers within 1 hour...on a Saturday!! Now that's dedication!

MAGICAL EVENTS
07-24-2006, 03:04 PM
The first time we sailed was in June a few years back and we recieved our card and stuff a month later.

tecdavidt
07-24-2006, 04:06 PM
You will receive a free gift in your stateroom if you do another Disney cruise. That and the ads are it for freebies. Sometimes the ads include recipes.

The free gift for returning cruisers are nice. We have DCL duffle bags, beach towels( not cheap thin ones they are nice beach towels) and that last cruise we got a nice beach tote that I love. I have no idea what the gift is currently. If you rebook onboard I think they still give you a stateroom credit towards your key to the world account.

Also if you take another cruise there will be the Castaway return cruiser reception. Other than that, no perks like other cruise lines but it is Disney and they don't need to offer deals to get people to cruise--as my husband tells people, "it isn't the cost of the first cruise it is all those cruises later that add up!" So true.

I do suggest too to call DCL for your castaway no's. Our numbers that were given to us back in 1999 ended up getting changed and we had to find out what the correct numbers were. The cast member was wonderful in helping and she had no idea as to how it happened. They knew according to their records of all of our DCL cruises but the numbers did get changed.

Kathy

captaincrash
07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
I agree the return CC cabin gifts are nice - with fair quality. We've done 3 with the 4th in 6 weeks to come. AND - I echo the feeling that DCL does little to nurture their CC base. I find it remarkable that they don't cultivate more with this huge pool of potentially greater enthusiasts. Given they seem to do such a great job on the cruise itself - I can only assume their inattentive posture to CC folks not reserved for a sialing is DELIBERATE. WHy - I cannpot imagine though.

If I were in charge of DCL I would have a staff with resoruces assigned to cultivate more with the CC folks who are not already rebooked for a sailing.

Oh well...

Cheers!

Tom

keishashadow
07-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Just a "head's up", when booking our cruise last Sunday, I was unable to access my CC # thru the site. Called DCL while I waited to proceed on-line. since I had the last secret porthole room available. CM indicated that they are purging "old" castaway club numbers for those who haven't sailed in some time. She checked & found out that mine was still valid (I should hope so, we sailed last Dec.???).

She instructed me to complete the booking w/o the #, then she added it manually - curious.:confused3 I did ask what the cut-off is but, she said she had no specific info - just that they were updating/eliminating.

Anyone else told this lately? I didn't think their was a restriction on being an active/recent cruiser to access the percs...anyone know for sure?