PDA

View Full Version : Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral

ESN
07-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Has anyone stayed here? (Marriott Residence Inn)

We are thinking of booking a night here pre-cruise, and I am looking for input.

We plan to rent a car and drive from MCO Friday - stay over and return car on Sat a.m.

Is Budget car rental the closest to port ? I believe I have read here that Budget has a shuttle to port.

Thanks - as always - for the wealth of info !

snelsonbrown
07-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Hello ESN - I FINALLY got to see the Residence Inn inside and it was AWESOME OMG I just had no idea - the GM is named Pat and found him to be super nice and the most surprising person I found at the reservation desk is a young lady named Sue, who I have known for quite sometime and is not only very friendly but helpful with information also. I spoke to a young family who were staying there and they were enjoying it so much, they reserved another night - NOW do not get any ideas that in my eyes, they exceed the Radisson and that simply can not be because I will never forget their "over the edge' help during the 2004 hurricanes and the fact that GM Joe P. has more than one time made things right for his customers - I love the looks of the Residence Inn and most of all I am glad that Sue does work at the front desk and you can tell her that I highly recommend her as a great person to help you with any issues.
Anyway hope this will help anyone with questions about Residence Inn.
Always
Shirley

ESN
07-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks ! Sounds good - we will book -

BTW - I want to thank you for the amazing gift baskets you made for us for our cruise last December - I look forward to ordering some more this coming December!

Stephieann
07-21-2006, 08:10 AM
i am also glad to hear a good report about this hotel. we have booked it for our october cruise.

outahere
07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks Shirley.........

Great to hear that it looks like a good place. Several months ago I booked us in there for the night before our Thanksgiving cruise this year. Residence Inns are usually pretty consistent, so I wasn't too concerned, but I'm glad to hear it has your "stamp of approval".

Ed

Cindi0511
07-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Once again, THANK YOU, Shirley, you are wonderful to keep going to all of these places and reporting back for us. I'm so looking forward to our stay in September.

DutchsMommy
07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Adding my thanks. I just extended our stay to 2 nights in Nov. Glad to hear positive things. Also looking forward to visiting the Perfect Gift. I'll be getting in touch closer to the cruise Shirley for a basket for our DS. :thumbsup2

outahere
07-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Just in case it makes a difference to anyone, Marriott has announced that all of their hotel properties, including Residence Inn, will be 100% non-smoking starting in September.

DisneyMom&Fan
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Just in case it makes a difference to anyone, Marriott has announced that all of their hotel properties, including Residence Inn, will be 100% non-smoking starting in September.

Yes! Even better... :thumbsup2

snelsonbrown
07-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Glad I was able to help
Always
Shirley

webray
07-21-2006, 01:08 PM
You should also know..no bar at residence in, not even a pool bar. And the pool is lap pool style, not resort style like at radisson.

Yes, budget is the closest agency to the port. We have used them and they are excellent, so no problems there. Have one adult drop the entire party (adults/kids and luggage at port, let the one adult return the car and hop the shuttle back to port. The entire party can be checked in before the other comes back on shuttle. Real time saver.

love2travel
07-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Shirley, thanks so much for the info. We have rooms reserved there the night before our cruise in Nov. I ordered baskets from you last Nov. and they were fabulous and will be calling you again for this upcoming cruise in Nov.

woody73
07-22-2006, 01:43 AM
. . . Marriott has announced that all of their hotel properties, including Residence Inn, will be 100% non-smoking starting in September.

That's great news!

Woody

datsyukchick
07-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Does the residence inn allow you to park your car there while you're on the cruise, do they offer a shuttle to/from the port?

thanks!

snelsonbrown
07-22-2006, 04:51 PM
they do not have a shuttle at this time, but what from what I understand, you can leave your car there - and while on the subject of transportation, I finally was able to connect with Ron who owns Space Coast Transportation, and I asked him why did his company disappoint the customers that he has had and he told me that unless anyone has calls in for a reservations, he has to go first with those that did make reservations and right now he just couldn't add more vans, but hopefully he will be able to soon - He and his wife Lisa were extrememly nice and very understandable as to the dileminas (MS) of leaving customers in a pickle and creating problems for many - now Art Shuttle never ever answered me in a call back, would even give me the time of day so guess what between the two, I will go with Ron until someone else gives them a run for their monies. There are NO other shuttles such as the ones that these two have so the transportation is again up in the air and I do not know what to suggest at this point.
Sorry :-(
Always
Shirley

PS IF you do call Ron with SC, tell him I said he better get to you fast if he promised to do so

westjones
07-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Does anyone have a link for this hotel to make reservations? We will need one night before our cruise and we want to be at port so we can get there early.
Thanks!
DJ

Bella2000
07-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MLBRI)

JMK127
07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Residence Inn now has a BAR! We also have shuttle service to the Port via Cocoa beach shuttle. Service starts running at 11am you sign up for it when you register at the hotel. You can park FREE as long as you stay at the hotel the night before your cruise. Shuttle service is $3.00 per person one way $6.00 round trip. We also have a full hot breakfast every morning Sat and Sun 7 to 10. Mon thro Fri 630 to 930.
We look forward to seeing everyone! :love:

snelsonbrown
07-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Welcome aboard JMK127 - sounds like you have super tight connection with The Residence Inn - you aren't Pat are you? This is Shirley at The Perfect Gift and if there are any questions etc, drop me a note or call me at the shop -
Always
Shirley

mmouse37
07-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Residence Inn now has a BAR! We also have shuttle service to the Port via Cocoa beach shuttle. Service starts running at 11am you sign up for it when you register at the hotel. You can park FREE as long as you stay at the hotel the night before your cruise. Shuttle service is $3.00 per person one way $6.00 round trip. We also have a full hot breakfast every morning Sat and Sun 7 to 10. Mon thro Fri 630 to 930.
We look forward to seeing everyone! :love:

Welcome to the boards.....great to hear you now have a bar and full hot breakfast...we actually have 4 rooms booked with you for the night before our November cruise. But be prepared....most people will be requesting an earlier shuttle than 11:00 am....the port opens for check-in around 10:00 and a lot of people want to be there when they first open...so be prepared that people will be looking to go earlier than 11:00.

Oh, someone mentioned a lap pool....is it truly a lap pool meaning not very wide (for only 1 or 2 people at a time) or is it a rectangular pool that hold many? Thanks!!

:cool1:

Julie-1
07-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the boards.....great to hear you now have a bar and full hot breakfast...we actually have 4 rooms booked with you for the night before our November cruise. But be prepared....most people will be requesting an earlier shuttle than 11:00 am....the port opens for check-in around 10:00 and a lot of people want to be there when they first open...so be prepared that people will be looking to go earlier than 11:00.

Oh, someone mentioned a lap pool....is it truly a lap pool meaning not very wide (for only 1 or 2 people at a time) or is it a rectangular pool that hold many? Thanks!!

:cool1:

Thanks for the welcome I have heard about the boards from several of our guests. So deceided to pop over and check them out! I work at the front desk usually the 3 to 11 shift. My name is Julie.

It is not a lap pool it holds lots of people. It is a very pretty nicely shaped pool. Its not rectangular ummm its hard to describe! :)
hmm I was going to post a picture of the pool but I am not sure how to do it. I have pictures of the hotel in my photobucket but when I tried to put them in here they did not show up. hmmm If someone will tell me which of the links to use to post them here I will post a pic of the pool. BTW I may have to switch sign in as the one is being a pain and not letting me sign in via the web sight grrrr. So I may have to use a secondary sign in that I set up last night. Julie-1

yazee1
07-23-2006, 01:37 PM
It's great to have a first hand source of information! Thank you for joining. We're staying at the Residence Inn prior to our cruise (switched from the Radisson where we stayed last year). I'm also interested in whether the shuttle service will allow for earlier trips to the port. If not, do you know, approximately, what it would cost for a family of 5 to take a taxi van to the port? The breakfast, do I understand correctly, is included in the price of the room? That is :cool1:

Julie-1
07-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Welcome aboard JMK127 - sounds like you have super tight connection with The Residence Inn - you aren't Pat are you? This is Shirley at The Perfect Gift and if there are any questions etc, drop me a note or call me at the shop -
Always
Shirley

Nope, Not Pat. :sunny: He is my GM. :) I am Julie and I work at the front desk on the 3 to 11 shift. :thumbsup2

datsyukchick
07-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I am also interested in getting to the port earlier, I need to change my palo reservations and reserve tea with Wendy. If the shuttle wont' work, does anyone have any idea how much a taxi might cost?

87Heel
07-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks to the Residence Inn folk for keeping us up to date. Add my voice to those requesting an earlier start to the shuttle service. We have a reservation for the Friday night before our December cruise! Also would like the taxi rate info for comparison reasons (we have a number of family members traveling).
Thanks!

jrp
07-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi all :cool1:
Just :Pinkbounc wanted to say hi and thanks for all the info provided to the Dis'ers.. Sounds great :banana:
James

MinnyGranny62
07-23-2006, 02:19 PM
:thumbsup2 Wow...great info, thanks everyone now I won't have to bounce around to find info. :Pinkbounc

DutchsMommy
07-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi Julie,

Thanks for joining. We will find some of us are a little compulsive in the planning dept - but it is all in good fun! We are booked for 2 nights at the Residence towards the end of November. We will be doing a little sightseeing around Cocoa Beach before our cruise. Definately hitting the Dinosaur Store for our DS and liekly taking in the Pier. We might also do one of those airboat tours - I think about a 30 min drive from your hotel? Anyway, looking forward to our stay.

Can you pls advise whether rollaway cots are available and if there is a cost? Our DS is 4 and we'd rather have him in the room with us than in the lviing room (we've booked a 1 bdrm suite). Also, is there a grocery and/or liquor store near the hotel?

We'll be renting a car from Budget at MCO and dropping off at the Budget on Astronaut Blvd - is the Budget close to the hotel? Walking distance?

About the pictures - you can't post pics until you have a certain # of posts on the boards - not sure what the magic # is.....maybe 25? We'd all look fwd to any pics you might have as the official website for Residence doesn't hae any.

Thanks and welcome to the DIS! :disrocks:

snelsonbrown
07-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Hello Julie,
Glad to see that you have become a part of the disfamily - when I came in to meet Pat, your GM, I also met up with Sue who I have known for sometime. I have watched the Residence Inn start from nothing to what it is today - if fact when I was checking out the pool (outside of the fence), the security guards where still there looking over the property since it was just almost completed - they were super nice when I told them I was just scooping out the place so that I could report the progress here on the board - I have "checking" on places now for over 6 years so those that come here, will leave here with good thoughts - its a shame RI doesn't have a shuttle but I was told that it was being "considered" - now I do know Ron with space Coast shuttle and he appears to be a super guy, but there have been many displeased customers who have been left out in left field on pick ups - Ron did explain that he services those that have reservations first and then when any hotels call him, those customers are put on the back burner - anyhow I do prefer space Coast to Art's since Ron was kind enough to meet up with me - when I am by the hotel this coming week, will stop in and introduce myself -
Thanks for coming on board.
Always
Shirley

JMK127
07-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi Everyone!
I am Julie and I work at the front desk at Residence Inn. I just tried to post a message but I think it ended up is cyber space somewere. I will go and look for it but in the mean time here is a little for you to read and look at.

I have photos of Residence Inn in my photobucket account your welcome to look at them but, remember they are NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT pictures I took them myself. got to photobucket and put jmh127 in the search window. disboards wont let me post the link sorry....
Looking forward to seeing everyone when they arrive! I usualy work the 3 to 11 shift so there is a good chance I will be there when U check in. If not then the other GSR's will take very good care of you!

JMK127
07-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Hello Julie,
Glad to see that you have become a part of the disfamily - when I came in to meet Pat, your GM, I also met up with Sue who I have known for sometime. I have watched the Residence Inn start from nothing to what it is today - if fact when I was checking out the pool (outside of the fence), the security guards where still there looking over the property since it was just almost completed - they were super nice when I told them I was just scooping out the place so that I could report the progress here on the board - I have "checking" on places now for over 6 years so those that come here, will leave here with good thoughts - its a shame RI doesn't have a shuttle but I was told that it was being "considered" - now I do know Ron with space Coast shuttle and he appears to be a super guy, but there have been many displeased customers who have been left out in left field on pick ups - Ron did explain that he services those that have reservations first and then when any hotels call him, those customers are put on the back burner - anyhow I do prefer space Coast to Art's since Ron was kind enough to meet up with me - when I am by the hotel this coming week, will stop in and introduce myself -
Thanks for coming on board.
Always
Shirley

I look forward to meeting you Shirley! I am off Tuesday and Wednesday. But, will be there the rest of the week. We may have already met or seen each other I just am not good with names. I usually remember faces just the names escape me.........

JMK127
07-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi Julie,

Thanks for joining. We will find some of us are a little compulsive in the planning dept - but it is all in good fun! We are booked for 2 nights at the Residence towards the end of November. We will be doing a little sightseeing around Cocoa Beach before our cruise. Definately hitting the Dinosaur Store for our DS and liekly taking in the Pier. We might also do one of those airboat tours - I think about a 30 min drive from your hotel? Anyway, looking forward to our stay.

Can you pls advise whether rollaway cots are available and if there is a cost? Our DS is 4 and we'd rather have him in the room with us than in the lviing room (we've booked a 1 bdrm suite). Also, is there a grocery and/or liquor store near the hotel?

We'll be renting a car from Budget at MCO and dropping off at the Budget on Astronaut Blvd - is the Budget close to the hotel? Walking distance?

About the pictures - you can't post pics until you have a certain # of posts on the boards - not sure what the magic # is.....maybe 25? We'd all look fwd to any pics you might have as the official website for Residence doesn't hae any.

Thanks and welcome to the DIS! :disrocks:

Ok going to do this again I dont see my reply so I guess its in cyber space somewere LOLOL!!! thanks for the great Welcome!!!

I dont mind the compulsive suff thats fine my Sis is that way I am more like ok what ever happened happens we will have fun doing it! :-)

We might also do one of those airboat tours - I think about a 30 min drive from your hotel? Yes I have heard these are lots of fun! I have not done this personaly but have heard from others.

Can you pls advise whether rollaway cots are available and if there is a cost? YES we have cots PLEASE make sure U request on in ur reservations! Also make sure U ask for one at check in as weekends are busy and cots are sometimes a hot item. We will do our best to have one for u. :-)

Also, is there a grocery and/or liquor store near the hotel? YES there is a publix about 2 miles from the Hotel and a ABC Liqour store about 1 1/2 miles away.

is the Budget close to the hotel? Walking distance? Ummm ya if DH does not mind the walk its um around 3 or 4 long blks away. I think from what I have heard that budget does shuttle folks to the port when they return their car. But, I am not for sure on that. :-/

You can see my pictures in my Photobucket I cant post the link (I tried) so just go to photbucket and put jmh127 in the search and click on my Residence Inn album. PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT PICTURES. I took them myself. The room I have pictures of is our studio suite. These were taken back in May before our Bar was open. The bar is out on the patio by the pool.

luvmykids
07-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks for all the info. We will be staying here 1 night before our cruise in December. :cool1:

Bella2000
07-24-2006, 07:55 AM
You can see my pictures in my Photobucket I cant post the link (I tried) so just go to photbucket and put jmh127 in the search and click on my Residence Inn album. PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT PICTURES. I took them myself. The room I have pictures of is our studio suite. These were taken back in May before our Bar was open. The bar is out on the patio by the pool.JMK127's Photos of Residence Inn Cape Canaveral (http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/JMH127/Residence%20Inn%20Cape%20Canaveral/)

Thank you Julie these are great!

mmouse37
07-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks Julie..the pics are great and pool looks wonderful...a nice free form pool!!!

mmouse37
07-24-2006, 08:11 AM
You should also know..no bar at residence in, not even a pool bar. And the pool is lap pool style, not resort style like at radisson.

Did you check out the pics Julie posted....not sure what you mean by a lap pool....the pool looked "hotel" style in the pics. Isn't a lap pool retangular? Is there another pool you saw, maybe? :confused3

kaseyC
07-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks Julie (and Bella2000 for posting the link) for the pictures. The RI looks great. We will be staying there the night before our cruise in October.

I have a question for you, do you have a list of restaurants that offer delivery? I know most RIs we have stayed in usually have one. We will have a one day car rental but delivery would be a nice option if the kids are cranky. LOL.

JMK127
07-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks Julie (and Bella2000 for posting the link) for the pictures. The RI looks great. We will be staying there the night before our cruise in October.

I have a question for you, do you have a list of restaurants that offer delivery? I know most RIs we have stayed in usually have one. We will have a one day car rental but delivery would be a nice option if the kids are cranky. LOL.

Thanks for posting the link for me Bella2000!!!!

As far as deleivery at this time we have 2 places one is Chineese 'gin sing' or something like that.The other is called 'The Italian way'. We have menues at the front desk for both places. I have ordered from both places and they are both excellent!

DisneyMom&Fan
07-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks Julie for the pictures! We'll be staying there in September before our cruise too. Thanks again for all the great info! :thumbsup2

love2travel
07-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks for posting the link for me Bella2000!!!!

As far as deleivery at this time we have 2 places one is Chineese 'gin sing' or something like that.The other is called 'The Italian way'. We have menues at the front desk for both places. I have ordered from both places and they are both excellent!

Julie, thanks for all the great info. Me and my family will be staying at the Residence pre cruise and post cruise. Would we be able to have access to a computer to print boarding passes from the airline?

DCL~Dreamer
07-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Julie, thanks for the photos. I hope to meet you when we check-in to your Residence Inn on 9/16! The pool area is beautiful!

See you in September...see you when the summer's thru.... :rolleyes1

(I have a feeling you are too young to know this song) :confused3

SpideyHulk24
07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Great info! I like the looks of this hotel. Are there any malls or movie theatres nearby? We were thinking of catching a flick or doing some shopping in the evening prior to our cruise.

Thanks!

mott
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the pictures and the easy link to those pictures. We are looking forward to our stay there in January!

snelsonbrown
07-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Ginseng Chinese Food is located at 8501 Astronaut Blvd in Cape Canaveral and their phone number is 321-868-3440 and the Itialian Way is located at 5675 N. Atlantic Avenue (which is located at the new Pulbix here in Cape Canaveral) and their phone number is 321-783-5315 you also have Kelsey Pizza at 8699 Astronaut Blvd and their phone number is 321-783-9191 - other than the Pizza places, very few offer delivery service. The closest mall and movie theatre is located at the Merritt Square Mall that is now under new ownership and being remodeled - we have a small strip mall located in Cocoa Beach right accross from Ron Jon's that is called the Winn Dixie Plaza that has some shopping like Beall's Outlet and then of course the shops at the new Publix which has assorted shops there but nothing else to really brag about - you have two drugstores right in front of them which is Walgreens and CVS - Merritt Square Mall is about 4 to 5 miles from the Residence Inn - for children entertainment you have Traxx which is a very long block from the RI which is accross the street from Zackery's Restaurant on the same side that by the way has excellent food, but not delivered. The only places that are within reasonable walking distance from the RI is Zackery's, Traxx and Kelsey's - hope that will answer some questions for everyone.
Take care and all have a great weekend.
Always
Shirley

PS there is a walmart on the way to Merritt Square Mall, but again not for walking

SpideyHulk24
07-24-2006, 08:37 PM
You never cease to amaze me. You are a true gem! You probably don't remember me, but I am the guy who ordered baskets from you 3 years in a row for our cruises. I always ordered two. One for my son and one for my wife and I believe I was the first customer who started sending you items to customize the baskets? Remember? Anyway, it's been two years since our last disney cruise (I'm in withdrawal) :rotfl:
because we now have two children. We are taking a disney cruise next year (God willing) and I will be calling you to order 3 baskets!

Thank you for being such a great wealth of information on this board! You always have answers for all of us!

God bless you Shirley!

SpideyHulk24
07-24-2006, 08:38 PM
What are most people paying and who do we book through? Looking for a good deal!

JMK127
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
What are most people paying and who do we book through? Looking for a good deal!

Best bet is to book thro Marriott home page they have all the rates.

JMK127
07-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Julie, thanks for all the great info. Me and my family will be staying at the Residence pre cruise and post cruise. Would we be able to have access to a computer to print boarding passes from the airline?

Yes there is a computer for guest use with a printer!!! If u bring ur lap top U can hook up for FREE in your room.

love2travel
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes there is a computer for guest use with a printer!!! If u bring ur lap top U can hook up for FREE in your room.

Julie, I'm so glad you came on these boards. You have been really helpful. Thanks for all the info.

Cindi0511
07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
My thanks, too, Julie, and a big WELCOME! There should be several of us from the Sept. 17 Wonder sailing who will be staying with you on the 16th. Get ready for us-- we can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

I can't remember who asked, but we booked a couple of months ago, and we're paying $99 for a one bedroom and $149 for a two bedroom. Julie, do any of these rooms connect together?

JMK127
07-24-2006, 11:46 PM
My thanks, too, Julie, and a big WELCOME! There should be several of us from the Sept. 17 Wonder sailing who will be staying with you on the 16th. Get ready for us-- we can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

I can't remember who asked, but we booked a couple of months ago, and we're paying $99 for a one bedroom and $149 for a two bedroom. Julie, do any of these rooms connect together?

We do not have connecting rooms. Your all very welcome I am gald I can eas your minds and answer questions for you. :teeth:
WOW! :thumbsup2 U got some GREAT RATES there!!! I look forward to meeting all of you it will be great meeting in person people I have met here on the boards. :goodvibes

JMK127
07-25-2006, 12:18 AM
It's great to have a first hand source of information! Thank you for joining. We're staying at the Residence Inn prior to our cruise (switched from the Radisson where we stayed last year). I'm also interested in whether the shuttle service will allow for earlier trips to the port. If not, do you know, approximately, what it would cost for a family of 5 to take a taxi van to the port? The breakfast, do I understand correctly, is included in the price of the room? That is :cool1:

I can't guarrenty a earlier shuttle. But, we do have taxi's that will take U when ever U want to go. I beleive the cost is $4.00 per person but, dont quote me on that as it may be more less. If U want to take the taxi we can set it up for you when U check in. We will check with Cocoa Bch shuttle to see if they will pick up earlier than 11 but I do know they are contracted with other hotels for scheduled pick ups. This can all be arranged when u check in. :thumbsup2
YES, the breakfast is included with ur room. It is a full hot breakfast with various things on the menue everyday. For sure make ur own belgon waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. They may have french toast or pancakes or biscuts and gravey, oat meal, cold cereals, make ur own parfet, various danishes, juice and coffee. :sunny:

wheelerkidz3
07-25-2006, 01:19 AM
we'll be staying there the nite before our halloween cruise! I'm glad to have seen some pics..it looks so nice!! Can't wait!

snelsonbrown
07-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I forgot to mention that when I put on the board of the different places that deliver to Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral was a new place in cocoa Beach that has awesome sandwiches and breakfast that is called Gary's All Star Deli located at 1980 North Atlantic Avenue #101 and their phone number is 321-784-9400 - we order from there just about every day and have never ever been dissatisfied. the owner's name is Gary and a super guy - Delivery is at no charge tho it has to be a minimum order.
Now the only problem is that they close at 3PM for right now, but I am sure that he will work with you - breaksfast starts at 6AM - tell Gary that I suggest you give him a try and nope nothing in it for me - just trying to give you choices here in Brevard County and what I have found to be extra nice folks at extra nice places.
Each have a great day and will chat with ya soon
As always
Love
Shirley

SpideyHulk24
07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm getting hungry Shirley! :)

We will definitely give him a try. How far is astronaut blvd from Atlantic ave?

PenskeSth1
07-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the Pics Julie! We are staying there the night before our cruise, our room is $94.00 it is a studio with king bed w/full kitchen.

Julie does the residence have shuffle board or games?

snelsonbrown
07-26-2006, 05:36 AM
I want each to know that living here for the many years that I have, I have been blessed to have some knowledge on both Brevard County and Key West - the recommendations I make are strickly of my own knowledge and my own experience - I do not receive anything such as freebies, discounts extra business etc, I do this just so that you will have "choices" not just directed to one thing, one place, one person etc (you understand what I mean - each have their own likes and dislikes) also to allow you to explore Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island etc - the places I have put my trust in are those that have gone well beyond the call of duty to make it possible for me to help those that have been caught in some scary situtations where here as our guest and I mention it all the time and most of all now due to coming up into our "bad" seasons - I do not know what the new hotels, new transportations, etc will do to help me without strings since I don't have any. Norm and I do not do this to increase our business or make ourselves "heros" - we help simply because we are your friends while here in "our town" and friends are just that friends that are always there.
I love the Radisson because I know Joe and what he has done for so many and will always do so as long as he is part of the Radisson and the sister hotels, I love the Wakulla, Doubletree, Hampton etc in Cocoa Beach for a number of reasons also - maybe is because they are close to almost everything you need for shopping and also will go to all lenghts to help - until all the new places. etc show their colors, I need to focus on the "what ifs" for future reference - I am not putting any business down for I do not have the right to do so - I consider myself as your friend and watching out for your behalf.
With much love always
Shirley and Norm

jrp
07-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi :cool1:
I want to just say that Shirley,Norm and all the staff are some of the nicest and most honost people in bussiness I have ever met or had the pleasure to meet. I think they would never do anything for personal or other gain as someone of this caliber is beyond reproach. When we sailed last year and came to thier store with a special request just the day before sailing her first response was NO Problem...IMHO Shirley rules and The Perfect Gift does too.
Love Ya Shirley--James aaaaarrrrrrrrrrr

joycepa
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
We are using limo service to the Residence Inn from the airport the day before our cruise. Without a rental car, we are wondering how we can get to the ship as early as possible. Are there any taxi companies that can be reserved ahead of time with a reservation? I know the shuttle that services the Residence is not available until 11am. There are 4 adults, a 13 year old and 5 year old in our group. :confused3

kaseyC
07-26-2006, 02:49 PM
We are using limo service to the Residence Inn from the airport the day before our cruise. Without a rental car, we are wondering how we can get to the ship as early as possible. Are there any taxi companies that can be reserved ahead of time with a reservation? I know the shuttle that services the Residence is not available until 11am. There are 4 adults, a 13 year old and 5 year old in our group. :confused3

I believe the front desk can reserve a taxi for you the night before or the morning of embarkation.

JMK127
07-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the Pics Julie! We are staying there the night before our cruise, our room is $94.00 it is a studio with king bed w/full kitchen.

Julie does the residence have shuffle board or games?
We have a one on one basketball court! no shuffel board sorry.

JMK127
07-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi Shirley,
I dont know near enough about Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Bch! I lived on Merritt Island for the past 8 years. I just moved over this way in May. Your doing a great job and I can see everyone appreciates your help. Even me!! :sunny: I am learning about the area via ur posts :goodvibes I need to figure out were ur shop is and stop by some day and say hi :cool1:

alcoromom
07-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Can someone recomend a good and reasonable seafood restaurant close to the port.Ds loves crab/lobster.It needs to have chicken also

snelsonbrown
07-26-2006, 07:54 PM
the best place for seafood is really Red Lobster, but since that is in Merritt Island and if there is no transportation, the next best bet is Florida Seafood Restaurant right on HWY 520 in cocoa Beach - Norm and I went in there last night and of course he and I had not only lobster, but crab also and yep they have chicken also - I love the atmosphere and there are a number of live fish tanks with salt water fish all around the restaurant and statues of "Seafarers" that look like they can reach out and touch you - you are almost on the Indian River, but Sunset Rest is next to them - I do not remember if Grills has crab/lobster - another excellent place is Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty close to Patrick Air Force base, but unless you have transportation, that is really a very very very long walk - I would have to come pick you up before you got 5 blocks from the port :-) -----another neat place is the Old Fish House Restaurant that is on 520 also in fact a few doors down from the dinosaur store at the White Rose Shopping Center and that's about it for seafood, good that is.
Hope that helps to make some decisions.
Always
Shirley

cepmom
07-26-2006, 08:13 PM
not sure who had asked earlier about rates for RI....I found a great rate right on the RI website. I got a 2 bedroom suite for $115 total for the night before our cruise in January. That was a AAA rate, but even the regular rate at the time I booked was only $5 more. another kind diser alerted me to the great rate. Just keep checking.

kaseyC
07-26-2006, 09:03 PM
not sure who had asked earlier about rates for RI....I found a great rate right on the RI website. I got a 2 bedroom suite for $115 total for the night before our cruise in January. That was a AAA rate, but even the regular rate at the time I booked was only $5 more. another kind diser alerted me to the great rate. Just keep checking.

Wow! you got an excellent rate. Ours is not quite as good- $129 for a 2 Bedroom but still a great rate, much better than the Radisson which was $199 for a 1 bedroom.

We are very comfortable with the Residence Inn product, we basically lived in a 2 bedroom suite for about 3 weeks while waiting for our house to be completed when we relocated to IL. :)

yazee1
07-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Julie, thanks for the information about the availability of a taxi and an approximate cost. The breakfast sounds great! I'm so relieved to hear there are high protein foods available. I'm hypoglycemic.

Room rate. We booked our studio for $94.00

Restaurant question We ate somewhere close to the Radisson last time but I can't remember the name of the place. I remember it was popular and that it had a lot of dark wood inside it. Was this Grill's?

yazee1
07-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow! you got an excellent rate. Ours is not quite as good- $129 for a 2 Bedroom but still a great rate,

I'd be happy with 129.00 for a 2 bedroom. I was just thinking it would be nice to have my mom and her husband meet up with us since they live not too far away. Where did you find such a good rate?

cepmom
07-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow! you got an excellent rate. Ours is not quite as good- $129 for a 2 Bedroom but still a great rate, much better than the Radisson which was $199 for a 1 bedroom.

We are very comfortable with the Residence Inn product, we basically lived in a 2 bedroom suite for about 3 weeks while waiting for our house to be completed when we relocated to IL. :)

yes, I was very pleased when I saw that rate!! I wasn't quite sure if we were going to stay in PC the night before or somewhere closer to MCO, but I could not pass up that price!

$129 is great too. When I had looked before, the 2 bedroom was something like $199.

We don't actually need the 2 bedroom...we would be fine in a standard type hotel set up with a roll away (it will be me, DH and 3 DD's), but for that price, the 2 bedroom will be heaven even if it is only for 1 night!

kaseyC
07-26-2006, 09:34 PM
I'd be happy with 129.00 for a 2 bedroom. I was just thinking it would be nice to have my mom and her husband meet up with us since they live not too far away. Where did you find such a good rate?

I booked it directly through the Marriott website at the beginning of Feb. I think we really got lucky because they were just getting ready to open.

kaseyC
07-26-2006, 09:39 PM
yes, I was very pleased when I saw that rate!! I wasn't quite sure if we were going to stay in PC the night before or somewhere closer to MCO, but I could not pass up that price!

$129 is great too. When I had looked before, the 2 bedroom was something like $199.

We don't actually need the 2 bedroom...we would be fine in a standard type hotel set up with a roll away (it will be me, DH and 3 DD's), but for that price, the 2 bedroom will be heaven even if it is only for 1 night!

Our family is exaactly the same- Me, DH and 3 DDs but we have found that everyone is happier when the girls have there own space. DH and I are afraid of them!! :lmao: :lmao:

cepmom
07-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Our family is exaactly the same- Me, DH and 3 DDs but we have found that everyone is happier when the girls have there own space. DH and I are afraid of them!! :lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl: too funny!!! we get two rooms on the cruise too...cheaper than the cat 4 room, more space and the best part....two showers!
How old are your DD's??
Mine are 16, 9 and 6

kaseyC
07-26-2006, 09:54 PM
:rotfl: too funny!!! we get two rooms on the cruise too...cheaper than the cat 4 room, more space and the best part....two showers!
How old are your DD's??
Mine are 16, 9 and 6

Ours are 10, 5 and 3. Two bathrooms are very much appreciated at least for DH. :teeth:

snelsonbrown
07-27-2006, 02:17 AM
The restaurant that is closest to the 3 hotels is called Zackery's - its a mom and pop restaurant with excellent food tho service is unfortunalty slow - good help is hard to find, but Dena (the other half of Zackery) is a great gal and Zack is a nice guy who really tries to please folks - Norm and I like going in there when he or I don't feel like cooking - Tell Dena that you are part of the disboard - she loves hearing that -
Looks like something else exciting is going to open up in Cape Canaveral and not too far South of Budget - there once was an L shaped RED building on the left side of Astronaut - it once was a great Italian Restaurant, but folded and has been an eyesore for quite sometime - anyhow the property was sold, the building knocked down and I understand a nice restaurant is going up there, BUT since CC doesn't belive it has enough condos, gas stations, 7/11 etc, I may have heard wrong - wish it was going to be a nice shopping mall, but the area is too small for that - anyhow will keep you posted.
As always
Shirley and Norm

finnie48
07-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi all,

I spoke to Julie at the front desk last night to confirm our reservation for this coming Saturday night, explaining that we were pleased with all the info she provided here. Unfortunately she can no longer post on the DIS at her general managers request, even though he/she thought she did good! It seems other hotels complained, for whatever reason who knows?

Bob. Seven days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yazee1
07-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I, and I'm sure others, would love to know the basis of the complaint about Julie's involvement in this board. I don't work in the industry, so maybe there's something I don't understand.

VAgal76
07-29-2006, 01:05 PM
You can't advertise on the boards so I'm sure the hotel doesn't want them to appear as they are doing that. It really seems she had no intention of doing so and just wanted to give out good info on a new hotel. It's a shame because she was such a benefit to future cruisers. Kudos to Julie! :thumbsup2

Bella2000
07-29-2006, 01:15 PM
You can't advertise on the boards so I'm sure the hotel doesn't want them to appear as they are doing that. It really seems she had no intention of doing so and just wanted to give out good info on a new hotel. It's a shame because she was such a benefit to future cruisers. Kudos to Julie! :thumbsup2I think finnie48 mentioned other hotels complained. That's unfortunate as Julie wasn't marketing the hotel but providing a service answering our questions. So she and her GM tried to do it on the up and up and unfortunately had their hands slapped. :sad2: Well, I really appreciated her feedback and her photos (as well as Shirley's insight) as it was first hand experience. It was great while it lasted. Thanks Julie!! Thank you to finnie48 for the update as we would have wondered what happened.

cjsmith
07-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi Everyone!
I am Julie and I work at the front desk at Residence Inn. I just tried to post a message but I think it ended up is cyber space somewere. I will go and look for it but in the mean time here is a little for you to read and look at.

I have photos of Residence Inn in my photobucket account your welcome to look at them but, remember they are NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT pictures I took them myself. got to photobucket and put jmh127 in the search window. disboards wont let me post the link sorry....
Looking forward to seeing everyone when they arrive! I usualy work the 3 to 11 shift so there is a good chance I will be there when U check in. If not then the other GSR's will take very good care of you!

Hey Julie, welcome. Are you the Julie who I wrote the card for last Saturday after the rude guest? If you are I hope it all worked out.

I can tell you that check in was wonderful here at this resort. The staff is very friendly and very acoomodating. Our suite was nice and incredibly clean. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again on our next visit to the area.

S.S.Oceanlover
07-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome I have heard about the boards from several of our guests. So deceided to pop over and check them out! I work at the front desk usually the 3 to 11 shift. My name is Julie.

It is not a lap pool it holds lots of people. It is a very pretty nicely shaped pool. Its not rectangular ummm its hard to describe! :)
hmm I was going to post a picture of the pool but I am not sure how to do it. I have pictures of the hotel in my photobucket but when I tried to put them in here they did not show up. hmmm If someone will tell me which of the links to use to post them here I will post a pic of the pool. BTW I may have to switch sign in as the one is being a pain and not letting me sign in via the web sight grrrr. So I may have to use a secondary sign in that I set up last night. Julie-1

Julie,
Welcome and thanks for all the info about the Residence Inn. I hope you don't mind me posting your picture of the pool at your hotel. I had to edit it a little to get it to fit on the board.
As long as the water is wet we'll love it. :cool1:
Seeya next month. :)
http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/ri.jpg

Bill

HappyLawyer
07-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Is Julie ok, should we write or call the gm to let him know she did not advertise or do any types of promotions at all, how can other hotels complain, we talk about all of them, it's not like any of them are losing money, they are in a popular area and they all get booked, i am concerned for Julie.

Cindi0511
08-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Is Julie ok, should we write or call the gm to let him know she did not advertise or do any types of promotions at all, how can other hotels complain, we talk about all of them, it's not like any of them are losing money, they are in a popular area and they all get booked, i am concerned for Julie.

I just got off the phone with Julie. I was just checking on our reservations for next month as we made them a while ago, and she said that other hotels did complain, but that her manager wasn't mad at her and told her she had done nothing wrong.

I say everyone who feels the urge, call the hotel at 1-321-323-1100 and at least let her GM Pat know how helpful and pleasant she was to us. :thumbsup2 (He was out, so I asked to be put through to his voicemail!!) Let's support someone who has really been helpful to us!

To the moderators, isn't it legal for someone to respond to a specific question? (And I am asking that in all fairness to all of the hotels, not being snide or rude, I promise!) Julie didn't start this thread or any other that I know of, and she didn't just jump in and spout off irrelevant stuff. If I have read this thread correctly, she only answered specific questions aimed directly at her, and she didn't put down any other business or hotel. Is this OK or not on the boards? Just for FYI to me :goodvibes

doccath
08-06-2006, 08:01 AM
well after reading this thread I just booked two rooms at RI.
I think the GM should be patting Julie on the back, since she did great with providing customer service answers. Because I felt my questions were answered I felt very comfortable booking there. I hope the GM realizes what a great assest he has. :thumbsup2

drknight
08-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm assuming that you guys used the complimentary parking at the Residence Inn. Do feel that it is safe? From Julie's pictures, it looked like you would just be leaving your car in the spaces around the hotel.

bcvprincesses
08-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Thank you Julie for all your information. We will be staying there on Oct 21 before the cruise and hope to meet you. I love the fact that there is breakfast in the morning. One less thing to think about before the cruise.

VAgal76
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Oh, I see. Other hotels were jealous that bubbly Julie was handing out useful information. :rolleyes: I didn't think her posting here was a problem with moderators here as she wasn't advertising at all. I have to say that not too many come on this board and soley provide info on their product. She didn't bash any other hotel so why do those other places have a problem with her answering easy questions? Ok, I'll stop ranting. I agree that it was nice to have her around and maybe they can let her mosey on in here from time to time. :teeth:

Yes, ITA that Shirley ROCKS! :thumbsup2

JMK127
08-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Hi Everyone!!!
I am here to let you all know that I have resigned from Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral. This has NOTHING to do with me getting my hand slapped for being on here. I have been offered a job in Nashville TN at the Hampton Inn West End Vanderbuilt. I start up there Sept 4th. SOOOO if anyone is in the Nashville area Please pop in and say Hi!
I will be at Residence Inn untill Aug 24th that will be my last day. I am sorry I wont get to meet all of you wonderful folks when u get here. But, now I can pop in and say hi and answer any question you may have about Residence as best I can. I Know you will all enjoy your stays at Residence Inn and the staff will take good care of you. It has been my pleasure to meet a few of you when you were checking in and even took a pic of a group from NJ in the lobby! It was great talking to Cindy on the phone! Your awsume!! thanks for all your kudoos! and thanks everyone for welcoming me to you forum! I have totaly enjoyed it and will pop in from time to time to see how everyone is.
Happy Cruisin to everyone!

woody73
08-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Julie, best wishes. We will miss you.

Woody

VAgal76
08-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Sending you lots of prayers and pixiedust for a new adventure for you, Julie! :thumbsup2 Good luck to you!

SpideyHulk24
08-16-2006, 09:18 AM
the best place for seafood is really Red Lobster, but since that is in Merritt Island and if there is no transportation, the next best bet is Florida Seafood Restaurant right on HWY 520 in cocoa Beach - Norm and I went in there last night and of course he and I had not only lobster, but crab also and yep they have chicken also - I love the atmosphere and there are a number of live fish tanks with salt water fish all around the restaurant and statues of "Seafarers" that look like they can reach out and touch you - you are almost on the Indian River, but Sunset Rest is next to them - I do not remember if Grills has crab/lobster - another excellent place is Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty close to Patrick Air Force base, but unless you have transportation, that is really a very very very long walk - I would have to come pick you up before you got 5 blocks from the port :-) -----another neat place is the Old Fish House Restaurant that is on 520 also in fact a few doors down from the dinosaur store at the White Rose Shopping Center and that's about it for seafood, good that is.
Hope that helps to make some decisions.
Always
Shirley

DINOSAUR STORE?????????Shirley, please tell me more about this??? My son's would be in heaven if there is a Dino store in Cape Canaveral? What do they sell? Thank you for always being so helpful. We'd be lost on this board without you!

snelsonbrown
08-16-2006, 12:39 PM
The Dinosaur Store is a great place to take kids - They have just about everything you want to see or know about Dinosaurs - they are right on Hwy 520 at White rose Shopping Center - they are less than 2 miles from my shop - their address is
299 W. Cocoa Beach Cswy (which is 520) and their phone number is 321-783-7300 and their website is www.dinosaurstore.com - store hours 10:30 to 5PM - Saturday is 10:30am to 7PM. Closed on Sunday - Ask for Stacy - he is a male.
Always
Shirley

Cindi0511
08-16-2006, 01:46 PM
I will be at Residence Inn untill Aug 24th that will be my last day. I am sorry I wont get to meet all of you wonderful folks when u get here. But, now I can pop in and say hi and answer any question you may have about Residence as best I can. I Know you will all enjoy your stays at Residence Inn and the staff will take good care of you. It has been my pleasure to meet a few of you when you were checking in and even took a pic of a group from NJ in the lobby! It was great talking to Cindy on the phone! Your awsume!! thanks for all your kudoos! and thanks everyone for welcoming me to you forum! I have totaly enjoyed it and will pop in from time to time to see how everyone is.
Happy Cruisin to everyone!

Jules!!!! I want to be so bummed as I was so looking forward to meeting you in person, but since this is a good thing for you, I can't be. Congratulations on moving up (both literally and figuratively!!) :goodvibes and don't be a stranger! Maybe we'll even see you on a cruise in the future ... :sunny: Hugs to you!