PDA

View Full Version : St Thomas - Blackbeard's Castle????

catjammies
07-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Who's been there?

Is it worth it??? What can you tell me?

phorsenuf
07-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Who's been there?

Is it worth it??? What can you tell me?

I've been kicked out of there before, does that count? LOL

disneyfanforever
07-20-2006, 07:28 PM
We went there last year. My boys loved it. It is not really a castle but rather a large tower that you can climb to the top of. They have several pirate statues around a pool that my kids posed by and a gift shop. There is a beautiful view of St. Thomas from there. My DH and I just sat there and enjoyed the view for a little while as well. Not a whole lot to do but my oldest said the other day whenever he goes back to St Thomas he has to go to Blackbeard's Castle again.

Luckymommyx2
07-20-2006, 09:38 PM
I was wondering about this too. My DS is such a pirate fan and I thought about trying this on our own.

disneyfanforever...did you do it on your own and if so can you remember approximately how much you paid? Thanks!

cashewpeanut
07-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I went last September and it was great. We did the castle and walking tour. It was very interesting and close to shopping! :thumbsup2

MandM22
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
I went last September and it was great. We did the castle and walking tour. It was very interesting and close to shopping! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info.. My DW has also been thinking of doing this excursion. We were thinking of doing it on our own. Do you think the guided tour is worth the extra $$$?

cashewpeanut
07-21-2006, 01:26 PM
I thought it was worth the money because they took you to different houses and places near the castle and told about some of the history of the island. You also got to take a break in an air conditioned room with fruity punch. :sunny:

disneyfanforever
07-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry, I don't remember how much we paid for to visit the castle. I don't remember it being very much though. We did it on our own when we first got to St. Thomas. We saw it from the pier and hiked our way up what seemed to be a million steps. Turns out, they offer a free shuttle service up to the castle. We'll know that for next time. We loved walking around the area without having to stay with a tour group. I remember he told us that our admission fee included the use of their pool if we wanted, we however did not use it. The staff was exceptionally nice and they provided a free shuttle back to main area where we could catch a taxi since we were going to Magen's Bay next. We thought it was fun. If I had girls, I would think not so much but it was perfect for pirate loving boys. If you have any more question just let me know here or pm me. I can find some pictures and try to post them.

Luckymommyx2
07-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Sorry, I don't remember how much we paid for to visit the castle. I don't remember it being very much though. We did it on our own when we first got to St. Thomas. We saw it from the pier and hiked our way up what seemed to be a million steps. Turns out, they offer a free shuttle service up to the castle. We'll know that for next time. We loved walking around the area without having to stay with a tour group. I remember he told us that our admission fee included the use of their pool if we wanted, we however did not use it. The staff was exceptionally nice and they provided a free shuttle back to main area where we could catch a taxi since we were going to Magen's Bay next. We thought it was fun. If I had girls, I would think not so much but it was perfect for pirate loving boys. If you have any more question just let me know here or pm me. I can find some pictures and try to post them.

Thanks for the info...it was very helpful. Any pics would be great!! :thumbsup2