PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas For Magical Suitcase Stuffers

jzimmerman9
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
We are cruising on Jan 28th and as a Christmas gift for my daughters (11,7,1) I am buying a piece of luggage filled with useful and fun things for the cruise. I have a few ideas but not nearly enough. I need to buy summer items now because pretty soon they'll be disappearing from the stores. I already have sunscreen, sunglasses, visors, Disney shirts and glow necklaces. Anybody have any other fun ideas?

TIA!
Jenny

Melody80
07-20-2006, 05:51 PM
For my 20 Month old I bought a few big beaded neckless to wear with her formal dress, she loved playing dress up and will get a kick out of having jewlery

For my 3yold son I bought pirate gear and glow sticks.

I also bought them both a stuffed Mickey and Minnie. They had really cute clasic looking ones at walmart of 4.88 each.

I found a lot of little stuff at the dollor stores around here. Disney pens, paper, books, stickers...

If you will be spending time at the beach you could probably get some beach toys onsale soon. Sand toys and pool toys. How about water shoes?

I found some cute Disney staw cups at the Disney store in the mall. Perfect for sipping smoothies in.

Ive never been on a Disney cruise (going in a few days though!) But ive read alot about the whole treading pins thing. Maybe get them set up to do that?

Will you be traveling to get the port? How about some travel games. They make all kinds of games in mini version.

Water proof and Disposable cameras!

Autograph books? Pillowcases/teeshirts for autographs?

Beach towels?

DisneyDmbNut
07-20-2006, 06:02 PM
"Mickey" put a princess nightgown in DD's suitcase one year...she was so shocked and still talks about how Mickey new she loved Cinderella!

ReggieB
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
With the Pirates film out right now there is lots of fun merchandise out. Check your local party store for some fun things for pirate night!

The new revamped Disney stores have an area with little bits and bobs, the face towel squares are always useful.

Float My Boat
07-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Bubbles for the sail-away party
Coins, flags, other items for pirate night (can be found at orientaltradingcompany.com)
Disney character flip-flops

WDWLVR
07-20-2006, 07:21 PM
For the two older ones what about a disposable camera so they can take their own pictures on the cruise. Maybe a sketch book, journal, colored pens, etc.

What about making up personalized shirts for them all?

aiken4mickey
07-20-2006, 07:26 PM
We're going the end of Nov........and I've been buying all sorts of "loot" along the way!! The Dollar Tree store is a great place.....pens...pencils..crayons...coloring books...all Disney themed! Everytime I go in Wal Mart they have something new and Disney themed..recently (today) I bought several Mickey tshirts in the women's department for my 10 daughter and myself...very cute...I also noticed in kids they were now carrying Disney t's. Another find in Wal Mart today...perfect for Pirate Night/Day...skull fabric covered headbands..really cute!!! We've gone/going ALL out for Pirate DAY...so, I've collected pirate themed tshirts to wear in the day (men's department at Wal Mart has some really funky skull ones for my 13 yr old son....Target's men department had nice looking gray skulls shirts)....I noticed in Goody's the other day skull necklaces and earrings...on sale for $4 and $3...they even had a small skull evening bag...I bought a several of each! Add festive stuff for Pirate Night...things you can get from Oriental Trading..we're doing a treat bag...tattoos, eyepatch, candy jewerly etc. Since you have Halloween approaching encourage them to be Pirates...that way you will be ready for Pirate Night...if they decline your idea...then buy costumes after Halloween..when they go on sale. You can tell I am a little excited about Pirate Day. Can't remember the ages and gender of your kids...but, consider taking along a Princess costume for the Princess meet and Greet...they are cheaper if you buy them at Target or Wal Mart...I know...I paid $60 on board (I left my daughter's hidden away at home) Disney themed gummies......Goldfish.....Sweedish Fish....sea related snacks.......Also, consider a photo mat or pillowcase or even a Disney tshirt that you can get signed by all the characters...you can leave that a Guest Services at the start of the cruise..pick it up the last night...you'll have a one of a kind souviner. My best advice is keep your eyes open when you're out.....you'll be amazed at what you can get...and then more amazed at how much stuff you end up with!!! That's what happens to me every time...My 5th cruise is in Nov..only the 3 night...but, we have a group of 24 going...about half kids....since I am the one that got the trip started...I feel I must provide extras for everyone going...I have 3 rubbermaid tubs filled! I'm doing Welcome buckets for each cabin..and then I'm organizing a Treasure Hunt for Pirate Day with treasure chests and 14 clues with stuff with each clue. I "Wonder" how I'm going to get it all onboard. I've thought about shipping to port...but, my biggest fear is that it doesn't make it to my cabin...and 10 months worth of collecting and planning etc?? Yikes! Just have fun...get creative....Good Luck!

aiken4mickey
07-20-2006, 07:32 PM
It's me again.....I just saw the ages of your daughters...what perfect timing...My oldest daughter will be 11 when we go...my younger turns 7 next week! My oldest will wear her FINE Belle costume we bought onboard last Nov...and will also wear the Jasmine we left at home! Even at that age...she's still looking forward to that opportunity. My 7 year old....for sure she is taking her Sleeping Beauty costume. And we've been buying Pirate attire......my 11 year old is having the best time keeping her eye out for stuff.. I find that most people don't dress up....but, it sure makes it more fun to do it.......

stampinshauna
07-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey, we are on the same cruise. It's going to be a great one!!!

Check out Disneyshopping.com. They are having a big outlet clearance right now and you could get t-shirts, pjs, toys, etc for cheap. I just bought 17 t-shirts for a family reunion we are having in Disneyland in December and they were only $4 each and I got $20 off so they were like $3 each for both adults and kids.

There is a pirate night onboard, so pirate stuff to wear could be fun. A lot of people dress up like pirates or at least in tropical clothes.

Are you giving the kids some of the items for Christmas? If so, it is even fun to wrap up the Disney Cruise DVD that you can order free from disneycruise.com so that they can watch it before they go.

jzimmerman9
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I forgot to metion I just ordered pillowcases thru ebay, antonia_h(heard about her on the Disboards!). I am sitting here with my notebook writing everything down. We are going to go nuts for Pirate night and I never even thought about throwing some of that stuff in there. I tried to get them to be pirates for Halloween but so far no luck.

Shauna, I hope we get to see you in January! I appreciate the greet you gave me on the other board as well. It's amazing how much I've picked up in the last month by reading this board.

Thanks everyone and if you come up with any more ideas, let me know!

Jenny

clh2
07-20-2006, 10:34 PM
What about some princess dresses? At least for the younger girls!

sandiegosusie
07-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Our Dollar Tree had Princess Pez dispensers. We also bought bubbles for the sail away party. We actually found Ariel ones at our grocery store. Skittles, M&M's for the theatre onboard and bubble gum. Hollywood Video sells Disney gummy candy, really cute. Maybe a few Pirate accessories for the Pirate party...hope this helps!

webray
07-21-2006, 08:21 AM
And if they don't already have them..at least two or three swimsuit per kid..for changing in and out of a lot..lol.

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
07-21-2006, 01:27 PM
How about some Disney Dollars for souveniers? (I forgot if you mention the ages of your kids)
Caps or sun visors. If you'll have down time before you go, you could bring fabric markers to decorate them.
Swim goggles.
Maybe stash it all in new purses or cute beach bags?
Lanyards for their KTTW cards.