PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dining Room for Pirate Night, Formal,etc.

virginiamama
07-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm guessing that Parrot Cay is the place to be for Pirate Night??? We did Palo on our PC night last time so we missed that. And what about formal night, Lumiere's??? We're hoping to book Palo for semi-formal night. Any thoughts??? TIA!

webray
07-20-2006, 03:53 PM
It doesn't make any difference to us...we have always had formal night in Parrot Cay and we love it.

lbgraves
07-20-2006, 03:58 PM
We had pirate night in Lumiere's last cruise & had a great time! The parade is the same in all the dining rooms, the servers are dressed the same in all the dining rooms, you can join in the limbo line, and you will see many pirates in the dining room no matter where you are. :) We have had formal night in each of the dining rooms now & there is not one that stood out as being any better than another because of the location.

Disneyrus
07-21-2006, 10:22 AM
I've only been on a 7-day DC...... do they have a pirates night on a 4 day?
:confused3
Thanks

Fairy_Tale_Bride
07-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Do you pick where you want to eat each night or is it already planned for you?

lbgraves
07-22-2006, 07:50 AM
They have the show on Pirates night on the 4 day cruise & the deck party on the 3 day. Every DCL cruise has fireworks at the deck party on Pirate night.

Your rotation is set when you check in. It tells you where you will be dining each night.

allears
07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
It's kind of cool when you're in Lumiere's for formal night as that is the most elegant of the dining rooms. And pirate night in PC is equally closer to the theme. However, we've been to Animator's on formal night and it's no less nice an evening. We don't much care about our rotation as we make sure we are in a specific head server's station, and that means whatever rotation he's on.

We try to pick the least themed night to go to Palo. Not one of the fisrt three nights so we can experience each of the dining room's unique menus and of course the "show" in Animators. We don't want to miss Pirate night in the dining rooms, we like semi-formal night in the main dining rooms and the last night with our serving team. We've always managed to get our ressie for the one night that's left. Or we've thought about double dipping.

two-foxes
07-22-2006, 12:37 PM
I prefer Animators for formal. It is kinda cool because there are alot of black suits, and darker colored dresses.....goes with the whole black & white theming of the beginning of the show. We've had Pirate night in Luimiers and PC, and obviously PC is themed towards it, but as long as that bananna dessert is offered, I don't care what restaurant it is in!

allears
07-22-2006, 01:16 PM
I prefer Animators for formal. It is kinda cool because there are alot of black suits, and darker colored dresses.....goes with the whole black & white theming of the beginning of the show. We've had Pirate night in Luimiers and PC, and obviously PC is themed towards it, but as long as that bananna dessert is offered, I don't care what restaurant it is in!

Good points both! :thumbsup2 I never really thought about the contrast in Animators, but very true.

Give our regards to Disney Land! We were there almos this time last year and seriously considering a trip in March.

EAP'sDAD
07-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Doing the 7 day eastern next year and have asked for the PLA rotation
PC for Pirate night
Lumiere's for Formal
AP for semi formal night

I thought this would be the best rotation to get the most out of the restaurants.

travelgirl06
07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
EAP'sDAD: That sounds like a great rotation, hope you get it!

Marypoppinsiam
07-22-2006, 02:52 PM
It doesn't really matter to us on the rotations. We had pirates night at Animations and it was a lot of fun there. IMHO- our servers made our nights weather it be at any of the restaurants. :)

mattmommy
07-22-2006, 11:46 PM
As long as I'm on DCL I don't care.

ibouncetoo
07-23-2006, 09:46 AM
As long as I'm on DCL I don't care.

::yes::

On the 7 day Special Western (Double-dip at Castaway Cay) APL puts you in Luminere's on formal and semi formal nights, and PC on Pirates night. I'm a little more interested in the 8PM seating time for that rotation, than I am for location (I just really don't want 8:30).

Andrew DEREK UK
07-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Parot cay for Pirates formal in Luminere's or Palo

4KsLUVDisney
07-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I agree with Parrot Cay for pirates night is great. On the 3 nt cruise formal night in Triton's was wonderful.

scrapperjill
07-23-2006, 04:08 PM
IMO....any dinning room on the ship would be great to be in....no matter what night it is. :goodvibes You know....actually before our first cruise I wondered the same thing...and did what I could to try and get the rotation I thought would be best...putting us in Luminers on Fomal night and semi-formal night... Hopeing I'd get it...and we did. :teeth: BUT little did I know a change in our iteniary would throw off the whole dinning plan. So even though we did the rotation I hoped for...since we changed our ports of call (d/t hurricanes) we ended up having formal night in PC....That's when I realized It realy dosn't matter. You get the same menu no matter where you are...and your really to busy enjoying your time on the ship to pay much attention to what your dinning room looks like in conjunction to your attire.

On our second cruise we recieve the same rotation that would put us in Luminers on formal night again...That's when my thougth of "it really didn't matter" was proven (IMO)...we were again to busy enjoying our time to notice the surrounding....and how they went with our dinning ware.

Anyhow....I hope you get what your hopeing for...but if you don't you'll still have a wonderful time. :thumbsup2