PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Beach Cozumel

nanatink
07-20-2006, 03:47 PM
:cool1: I certainly would appreciate any information someone can give me.

Vanvmom
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Just subscribing in hopes of getting some info. myself :thumbsup2

tamamom
07-20-2006, 03:55 PM
I have heard great things about it on this and other websites as especially the place to go since the hurricanes. I haven't been yet either (planning to in October) but here is the website..http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

captchris
07-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Here is a link for the Paradise Beach website.

Paradise Beach (http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net/)

We are planning to go there on our cruise in September.

discruiselovers97
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
I am doing this excursion next week. I think. I will tell you all more info when i get back

nanatink
07-20-2006, 04:35 PM
What about shopping? Do they have a souviner shop there? Where is the best place to shop in Cozumel for t shirts, towels, etc.? :cool1:

Jerseygirl63
07-20-2006, 04:49 PM
We have been to Paradise Beach twice. Very nice family beach with free admision and if you want to use the water trampoline,iceberg, kayak, etc you can purchase an $8(?) wristband. The service is great and the drinks are delicious :drinking1 You can find a lot of info on PB thru cruisecritic.com. There is a huge thread just on PB. I hope you enjoy your trip. Say hi to Tom for me!

NCRedding
07-20-2006, 05:07 PM
We have been to PB twice on our cruises. The first one was pre-Wilma--it truly was Paradise. The second time was this April. You could see the damage done, but it is still a beautiful beach. Good food and drinks.

There are t-shirts and other things for sail at the beach. We found the cutest/cheapest T-shirts being sold on the tenders to and from the ship--$5-8 per shirt.

Poccio
07-20-2006, 05:20 PM
We went to Paradise Beach in April, we just got off the ship and took a taxi there ourselves. It wasn't that crowded since it wasn't an official excursion. The sand is not soft white sand, we wore water shoes. The $8 wristband will get you unlimited water toys (trampolines, climbing iceberg & I think a kayak)- DS loved the iceberg. They really want you to purchase food & drinks there but we did not receive much pressure to do so. DH & DS rented a jet ski and had a blast. I'm not sure what Cozumel looked like before Wilma but it was pretty beat up, PB was in really good shape compared to other places.

RCBA
07-20-2006, 07:48 PM
We went to Cozumel in June and went to Paradise Beach....we were not impressed. The "sand" was not sand at all, it was finely crushed shells and coral, etc. There is also only a small area where you can get into the water without rocks right infront of you. I barely stepped into the water to keep my son from getting too close and cut my big toe pretty badly. If you are there just for the beach and swimming it would not get my recommendation, if you plan to spend most of the day playing on the water toys then it would be ok. I don't know if I have any good pics of the rock, but I'll see what I've got.

jenschaef1
07-20-2006, 07:53 PM
We went to PB pre hurricanes 2 years ago. DH still talks about it..he had that much fun. The food was great (no worries about getting sick) and Tom is a great host. If and when we get back to Cozumel, I'm sure that we will visit PB again.

Jennifer

RCBA
07-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Here is a pic of the rock that is just a few steps into the water at PB. Keep in mind that I did not take this photo to show the rock....this was the top of a photo of my son on the beach.

http://members.cox.net/c_atchley/rock.jpg

RCBA
07-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Here is another shot. It will give you an idea of how close the rock is to the shore.

http://members.cox.net/c_atchley/PB%20rock.jpg

I do want to add that the food was GREAT. We were not pressured to order immediately (they request that you order something for use of the chairs & umbrellas). The bathrooms are clean, and they have a shower area outside of them so that you can rinse off.

Love2Cruise
07-20-2006, 09:08 PM
We went to Cozumel in June and went to Paradise Beach....we were not impressed. The "sand" was not sand at all, it was finely crushed shells and coral, etc. There is also only a small area where you can get into the water without rocks right infront of you. I barely stepped into the water to keep my son from getting too close and cut my big toe pretty badly. If you are there just for the beach and swimming it would not get my recommendation, if you plan to spend most of the day playing on the water toys then it would be ok. I don't know if I have any good pics of the rock, but I'll see what I've got.

We were also there in early June and did not find the rocks to be a problem. Maybe it depends on where the tide is. We wee able to clearly see the rocks and chose to swim in the area that was free of them. My kids had a blast on the iceberg and water trampoline. The coarseness of the sand didn't bother us either. It is alot like the texture of the sand on some northern US beaches. But the water was much warmer and much more clear. We thought it was a great beach. We also are used to wearing water shoes ever since I witnessed someone who stepped on a fish hook while swimming on a North Carolina beach.

eeyoregon
07-21-2006, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=RCBA]There is also only a small area where you can get into the water without rocks right infront of you. I barely stepped into the water to keep my son from getting too close and cut my big toe pretty badly.[QUOTE]

The above poster is correct in her warning. If you go to PB make sure you only enter the water from the far right (when facing the ocean). If you venture towards the left, towards the dock, you will get eaten alive by the rocky bottom. Several in our party were cut and bruised by the rough current slamming them into the rocks as they tried to get out of the water. It was very scary for the 10 and 11 year olds in our group.

Also, everyone in our group found the ice berg to be next to impossible to climb up on - apparently we are lacking in upper body strength! The float mats were nice but their snorkle gear was very old and outdated. We tried to eat in the restaraunt but after sitting at a table for 20+ minutes and never getting water, menus or the attention of a waiter, we got up and left.

Not excactly my idea of paradise - I'll take Castaway Cay any day!

RCBA
07-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Not excactly my idea of paradise - I'll take Castaway Cay any day!
Our sentiments, exactly :thumbsup2

Gradar1
07-21-2006, 02:27 PM
We went to PB in June of 2006 and loved it! The $8 wristband was a good deal--my sisters (17 and 7 at time) and I had a blast snorkeling around--although it does get really far out--at one point our mom could barely see us from shore! But the food was good--the salsa was excellent--the drinks were cold, and we had a good time. The floats were wonderful to relax on in the water, and the trampoline is fun, if you can get up on it! It was impossible for us to climb the iceberg--I guess all of us are lacking in upper body strength, but we loved going there, and I'd definitely go back.

Mickee
07-21-2006, 03:26 PM
OP:
I've never been here, but after giving the family a few scenarios on what to do, this is what they want and we are going and "will" have a great time doing it.I perused the Cruise Critic website myself many times since booking this cruise and I hear wonderful things about it, Yes there is mention of rocks in the water on one side, move down a little is what we will do,

This place was devestated by a hurricane last year and Tom the owner who I have corresponded with on Cruise Critic (PB Tom) as well as a few other locals (Coz Gal), they are honest people making an honest living on Coz.

If you have any questions go over there and post a message to the above mentioned or just read through the many reviews.

It is not Castaway Cay as mentioned in a previous post, it is Paradise Beach.

You know what they say about opinions, this is mine, and like I said, we are going to have a great time, we always do, no matter where we are.

Enjoy.

UMTerp
07-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Our family went to PB in April. We took a taxi from the pier area ($18US for the four of us). We bought wristbands for the kids and they enjoyed the iceberg, water tramps, kayaks, and floats. We had great food there! The waiters brought the food/drinks right to our small table on the beach with our chairs! My DD(8) climbed the iceberg without a problem, my DS(11) couldn't climb it but still had a great time. We did enter the water right in front of the iceberg and didn't have any problems with rocks. It was easy to get a taxi back, again $18US for the four of us.

Enjoy!

UMTerp

tamamom
07-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Are there jet skis available to rent on PB?

RCBA
07-21-2006, 07:44 PM
There are waveruners for rent. I am truly not trying to be negative or hard on PB, but we did not rent them due to the way the operators handled the equipment. I watched them drive them up onto the beach running into the hulls of the other waverunners. Look at them...and you can see the cosmetic damage yourself.

luvmykids
07-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks for all the info. We have two boys 6 and 9 and I was thinking about going to Paradise Beach. Now I am a little worried about the rocks and the trampoline and iceberg being too far out and too hard to climb for them.

Love2Cruise
07-21-2006, 09:20 PM
My DD8 was able to climb to the top of the iceberg. There is a ladder on the trampoline, but younger kids need a little help from an adult to get up. The rocks were not a problem at all for us. We just swam in the area where there were no rocks.It really is a nice beach and the water was very calm the day we were there in early June. OUr party included ages 8, 16, 20, 23, 48, 48 and 74.

eeyoregon
07-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Now I am a little worried about the rocks and the trampoline and iceberg being too far out and too hard to climb for them.

IMHO Both the iceberg and the trampoline are a long swim away so make sure younger kids wear a lifejacket or hang on to one of the float mats as it is very easy to become tired when trying to get too and from and there was a good current when we were there.

One last FYI: be careful of the slippery floor when entering and leaving the showers!!!! Wonderful clean showers but the ceramic tile is extremely dangerous when wet and I witnessed 2 adults and 1 child slip and fall in 15 minutes. Don't want any broken bones or worse!

lmok
07-22-2006, 10:14 AM
We went to this beach on our June cruise. Next to CC it was our favorite. You pay $8 to use everything that they have. That would be floats, snorkel equipment, trampoleine, iceburg etc.... They were so, so nice. They also had someone working the bathrooms and showers to make sure they were clean the whole time. We will go back to this beach for sure.

:cheer2: