PDA

View Full Version : Disney VISA - when to order rewards card and what is discount at WoD?

mla973
07-20-2006, 07:07 AM
I know these questions have probbaly been asked before, but the search always times out on me...

How long prior to our trip should we request our Disney VISA rewards card?

Also, if you pay with your Disney VISA, isn't there a discount at World of Disney? Is it 10% off if you spend $50?

Thanks!

aka-mad4themouse
07-20-2006, 07:22 AM
The actual rewards card should take about 7 business days to arrive by mail (10 days total, at most). I would order it with plenty of time to spare just in case it takes longer but I would only put the minimum amount on it ($20 for the first card, $10 after that), unless you have only $28 in rewards. You can do an instant transfer of additional funds by phone or by web just before you leave for vacation. As long as there's at least another $10 in the balance, you will be able to transfer everything that's left in there. This way, if you manage to acrue just $2 more over the next couple of weeks, you will be able to use it for this trip.

I used my Disney VISA ot DLR's WoD and the discount was 10% on purchases of $50 or more. You didn't have to use your card to pay for the purchase, but you had to show it and your ID. We had one of my DS's friends with us and not only did I have to show my card & ID, I had to physically hand the cash to the CM. She couldn't accept it from him and still give the discount.

frannn
07-20-2006, 12:18 PM
We were able to pick up a card and call for an immediate rewards transfer at Guest Services at DTD. Is that option still available? I think it took under an hour after the phone call to have the reward dollars available on the card for use at WOD.

runwad
07-20-2006, 05:47 PM
We were able to pick up a card and call for an immediate rewards transfer at Guest Services at DTD. Is that option still available? I think it took under an hour after the phone call to have the reward dollars available on the card for use at WOD.

Yes we were just there in April and that's what we did, took our credit card to DTD Guest Services and they gave us our reward cards and we had to make the phone call to activate it.

NancyIL
07-20-2006, 07:03 PM
You can also pick-up your rewards card at Guest Services at Downtown Disney, make a phone call, and add your rewards to your card right then and there.