PDA

View Full Version : I want to introduce myself!

DA1212YL
07-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

my gf and i are new to disboards. she actually found this message board and didn't tell me last year on our last trip to DLR. i see there is so much information to catch up on and i wanted to introduce ourselves. We just signed up on dizpins and started posting there so maybe there are people on disboards that go on dizpins too?

we are from northern california so WDW is way too far to make a short trip and DLR is good enough for a short weekend trip or a few days. We haven't been to WDW yet because we can't imagine only going for only 2 or 3 or 4 days. We are saving up and want to spend a week or two at WDW and want to experience it ALL! :)

we enjoy pin trading, taking pictures, meeting the characters, and soaking up the whole disney experience.

we appologize in advance for any newbie reposts or questions, but as time goes on hopefully we will be able to help future members that join disboards.

feel free to post any suggestions on where to start.

darryl & helen

ZebraDomeCrazy
07-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi! Welcome aboard! My family is all of the way across the country from you - but it's all Disney inside :goodvibes . I am relatively new to the disboards too. You'll quickly see how nice and helpful everyone is. We have never been to Disney Land, we try to hit WDW atleast once a year. But be warned - even with a two week trip, you'll never see it all! That's why you have to keep going back :banana: Bye, for now. Jane

magicaldisney
07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
:welcome: You're going to love this forum. You're so very lucky that the two of you enjoy Disney together. Have fun with it. I can't wait for you to visit the World.!! :goodvibes

lindakmonty
07-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the dis and glad you found us! You're right, there is a wealth of info here!!! Plus a lot of very nice people :) :welcome:

stinkerbelle's mom
07-20-2006, 11:43 AM
:wave2: :welcome:

Hope you get to WDW soon! We just went in June for the first time, already making plans to go back.

:disrocks:

becky_AK
07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi & welcome to the boards. I am pretty new as well. I had been reading everyone's posts for such a long time & finally decided that I need to sign up. I understand your plans to save up and take a long trip to WDW. My husband & I are from Alaska so flying to FL for a weekend trip is out of the question. I hope you enjoy this site & I agree that there is so much useful information on here. It seems like everyone is really nice too. Have a wonderful day :)

Minniespal
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM
:wave: Welcome to the Dis :goodvibes

the john
07-20-2006, 04:11 PM
:welcome:

munchkin bunchkin
07-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Welcome! Glad you joined us! :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

meloneyb21
07-20-2006, 07:45 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/meloneyb21/welcome.gif

byoung
07-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the DIS!!!

hjd0411
07-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi & welcome to the boards. I am pretty new as well. I had been reading everyone's posts for such a long time & finally decided that I need to sign up. I understand your plans to save up and take a long trip to WDW. My husband & I are from Alaska so flying to FL for a weekend trip is out of the question. I hope you enjoy this site & I agree that there is so much useful information on here. It seems like everyone is really nice too. Have a wonderful day :)

Couldn't agree more. I, too have been lurking for a while, and took the plunge a few days ago to join. Welcome aboard, and we will discover together, I'm sure.
Heather
PS I went to Disneyland last year for the first time ever, and had a great time. :thumbsup2

the john
07-21-2006, 03:59 PM
welcome

Luv'sTink
07-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the Dis.

Nutsy
07-28-2006, 12:13 AM

Alaska hey? Nice place.... we were there 4 years ago this September.. didn't see a great deal tho. Were staying with friends in Anchorage and whenever we went anywhere, we were lucky to leave the house by 11 am... and as you would know, to get anywhere in Alaska it doesn't just take 5 mins it takes hours. We went to Valdez .. left Anchorage at something like 11.30am, stopped at Lake Louise for a very late lunch and then onto Valdez... arriving at night and therefore saw nothing. We were supposed to go to Seward to the SeaLife Centre, but was told because it was raining (drizzling) there would be no point going as we'd not see anything.

Anyway, welcome aboard the DIS. I'm an Aussie and loved Alaska.. would love to go back someday and see Canada at the same time.:goodvibes