PDA

View Full Version : Cash on Ship

mommary
07-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I have read in the threads that you can't use cash on board the ships.
I am traveling with 3 nieces and I'm wondering how we are going to handle the no cash policy. I'm sure they will all want to buy things with their own reserves. Can we get American express gift cards and use them? What about debit cards from their own banks?
Any help with this will be appreciated because I don't want to be figuring out who owes me what for souvenirs that they buy. :dance3:
thanks

Buddy Bear
07-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Basically the concept of the KTTW (Key to the World) card is the same on DCL as it is in the parks. Your money for all intents and purposes is no good accept for tipping the stateroom steward, assistant server, server, and head server. It can also come in handy during port days (not CC) but some are not comfortable having cash with them while on the islands.

We have given our daughter charging privileges and kept track of the stateroom account to make sure she doesn’t' spend too much which isn't that difficult to do since you can request a copy of your account statement anytime by stopping by Guest Services.

The KTTW card has to have a credit card associated with it so the balance can be paid off. DCL also has a system in place where it doesn't charge the whole amount at the end of the cruise. If I remember correctly once your account hits $400 your credit card is automatically charged. This basically alleviates the problem of someone charging several thousand dollars and not being able to pay it before they leave the ship.

The short answer is if there was some kind of funding backing your nieces KTTW cards then in theory you could do what you want, but I am not sure if there are any other options besides credit cards to pay off an account balance.

Jeff

Float My Boat
07-19-2006, 10:01 PM
They can put down cash on the account, then charge until the cash is gone.

lbgraves
07-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Each KTTW card can be set up with its own account. Just do as FMB suggested & pay the cash at GS after you board. :)

mommary
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Thankyou!!! :goodvibes