PDA

View Full Version : what is the current return cruiser gift?

MichelleB
07-19-2006, 08:04 PM
What is the gift for castaway club members currently? Can you post a picture? Thanks!

lbgraves
07-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Here is a post with the pictures. You currently get a CC lanyard and 2 pins per person at check in and a CC bag in the room...that is one per room.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=13399515&postcount=20

nextcruz
07-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Did most recent cruisers finally confirm that we get the bag in addition to the pins? If so, that's great news! :love:

lbgraves
07-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Yes, we have had confirmation from 2 DCL staff & several guests. :)

WldWcnWmn
07-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Whoo Hoo Bag plus pins (more pins, more pins) whoo hoo :woohoo:

lillygator
07-19-2006, 10:10 PM
What's the age on this???

Last cruise DD - 3 - we had to "pay for" - shouldn't she be a CC member?

lbgraves
07-19-2006, 10:51 PM
It is suppose to be per person in the room. :)

PenskeSth1
07-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I am so glad to hear that returning guests receive the bag Plus the pins. This will be our 2nd cruise and I was so looking forward to getting the CC bag, the kids can have the lanyards and pins.... :teeth:

MrsJobba1
07-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Just wondered do they give the pins @ the CC checkin line - as being from the UK I have to go to the alien line ( :rotfl: )

Do you think they give them out to aliens?

lbgraves
07-20-2006, 12:18 PM
LOL! Actually, there is a seperate line for CC members but they go to the same CMs that non CC guests do. It is like a FP at the parks. ;)

Cindi0511
07-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Just wondered do they give the pins @ the CC checkin line - as being from the UK I have to go to the alien line ( :rotfl: )

Now, see, if Disney CL execs were reading this, this would open a whole new line of thinking for them. MrsJobba1, you are a hoot! Do you dress up when you check in as a Martian?!?!?! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I would probably never make in on the ship, I'd be laughing so hard they'd have to carry me!

ldb1030
07-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Did most recent cruisers finally confirm that we get the bag in addition to the pins? If so, that's great news! :love:

Hmmmm we just sailed July 1st and received the bag but no lanyard and pins!! :confused3

goofyforlife
07-20-2006, 03:17 PM
:dancer: :stitch2: Just wondered do they give the pins @ the CC checkin line - as being from the UK I have to go to the alien line ( :rotfl: )

:stitch2: :stitch2: :stitch2: :stitch2: :stitch2:

:dancer: ha ha no layard for you :dancer:

(just kidding)

ivanova
07-20-2006, 03:25 PM
I just checked in this afternoon...

We each got the lanyard and two pins at check in. We checked in through the CC member line, so don't know if the CM took note of that or if something on her computer told her that we were returning members.

And we got ONE bag in the stateroom. Of course DD is now whining because I "always" get the "good" stuff (I confiscated the past DCL beach towel, and the repo cruise blanket). Tough noogies babie, I paid for the cruise, I get the booty. :rotfl2:

lbgraves
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Hmmmm we just sailed July 1st and received the bag but no lanyard and pins!! :confused3

This started on 7/8/06.

currycook
07-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info. We really loved the towel they use to give. Glad they are still giving the bag though. Yea for that.

MrsJobba1
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
:dancer: :stitch2:

:stitch2: :stitch2: :stitch2: :stitch2: :stitch2:

:dancer: ha ha no layard for you :dancer:

(just kidding)

I just wanted to say I love the photos of your dogs - Is that a bernese mountain dog ( SP? ) I must say they are my second fave breed of dog behind my border collies! :goodvibes

goofyforlife
07-21-2006, 06:51 AM
I just wanted to say I love the photos of your dogs - Is that a bernese mountain dog ( SP? ) I must say they are my second fave breed of dog behind my border collies! :goodvibes

Yes Abby is our first Bernese (but not the last). The breed is so different than other dogs i've met/owned. She's truly a blessing. She's big yet so gentle with smaller dogs. She loves to cuddle at least twice a day. They shed a whole heck of a lot but i can overlook that.

ldb1030
07-21-2006, 08:36 AM
This started on 7/8/06.

Bummer but at least I got the bag!

dizneykids
07-21-2006, 12:16 PM
I've been trying to search for a picture of the bag they give CC members, but the search function still isn't working. Does anyone have a pic of the bag? I need to decide if it will work for our family of 5 on excursions or if I should bring one from home. Thanks!

Mom323
07-21-2006, 12:55 PM
I found this on ebay. If the link doesn't show up just do an Ebay search for Disney Cruise Bag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Cruise-Line-DCL-Castaway-Club-Tote-Bag-New_W0QQitemZ130009252576QQihZ003QQcategoryZ138QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dizneykids
07-21-2006, 01:19 PM
That's nice! We have a couple of the duffel bags they gave out way back when, plus the odd assortment of towels and West Coast blanket. This will make a nice addition!

Thanks, Mom323!

earpiemom
07-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Is there some place on your reservation that shows your cc number? We have sailed before and are getting ready to go on our 2nd one, but I don't remember telling the travel agent our cc number but she knew we had sailed DCL previously. Thanks!

thegales
07-23-2006, 03:28 PM
To confirm what others have said...

When you check in, they have an indication as to whether you are a repeat cruiser, and will give you a lanyard and two pins for each person. It does not matter if you check in the CC line. (if you notice if the CC line gets to be too long, they will send some CC members to the other lines)

The two pins are identical to each other. On the cardboard, it says one is to keep, the other is to trade. The CM's on board were getting overwhelmed with them. I wound up just giving one of these pins to the driver of the Radisson shuttle.

One note about the lanyard, or more important, the plastic which hangs from the lanyard. It is not that sturdy. Two of our four ripped, which would allow the contents (such as your KTTW card) to fall out. DD8 lost hers on the first day, and we heard of others who lost keys as well. We wound up replacing the plastic holders with holders from the lanyards we brought with us.