PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please: Port or WDW?

marathonmommy
07-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I am leaving PC for a Decmember 24 cruise. Flying into Orlando on 12/22. We own at DVC, so I was going to use my points for the two nights - but doing so on weekends is very expensive point wise. I might be better off getting the DVC discount at a resort instead. Don't plan on doing any of the parks for the two days we are there - maybe just DTD - so that is not a factor. Question - is there a nice enough hotel/resort (3-4 or more stars) that is right near the port? Is there enough to do for a 6 and 2 year old? Due to their ages, not sure how much they would get out of the space center, but could try it for a day. Or am I better off staying at WDW and using their transportation?

Thoughts?

2angelsinheaven
07-19-2006, 05:19 PM
We have lots to do here in the Cape area, if you need ideas I can help you out. Also it all depends on when you want to get onboard, Disney buses come in after boarding closer to 1-2pm. Either way have a wonderful time and goodluck!

marathonmommy
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
We have lots to do here in the Cape area, if you need ideas I can help you out. Also it all depends on when you want to get onboard, Disney buses come in after boarding closer to 1-2pm. Either way have a wonderful time and goodluck!

What time is the earliest you can board? I would like to get on as early as possible! Thanks so much for your help!

skibum
07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
The terminal doors at the port open at 10:00, and the stated boarding time is noon, but they seem to start letting people on a little earlier.
We have had good luck with the Radisson in Cape Canaveral (Resort at the Port). They have a nice swimming pool, clean rooms, and a free shuttle to the Port.

Float My Boat
07-19-2006, 06:18 PM
We just stay at one of the Disney Value resorts. We will be at Pop Century this year for $79/night. We figure there are as many amenities for kids there as most of the 4 star hotels anywhere else. Since we drive down there, it's easier for us to stay away from PC though.