PDA

View Full Version : Altered Paint Can Swap- Go to the "other" thread to track the sign-ups

havencruiser
07-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Please go to
Altered Paint Cans -CLSOED AND FULL thread to track this. Thanks!

Downrivermama
07-18-2006, 02:25 PM
This sounds like fun! I'd like Group 3 Tinkerbell.

Caitsmama
07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Yea! i am in---
please put me down for:
Group 1- "The Gang" ( all together)
Group 2- Cinderella
Group 3- TBA

KatDisney
07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Oh this sounds interesting and fun. Something new and challenging.. Also would make great Christmas gifts :)

Group 1: Mickey & Minnie
Group 2: Snow White
Group 3: Disney Villains
Group 4: Mickey's Halloween

havencruiser
07-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Caitsmama, KatDisney, and Downrivermama....Thanks for joining and you are signed up! :love:

Mickster
07-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I think I'd like this one too. I have a lot of little girls to give gifts to this year. Just to make sure, because the heat has fried my brain, we make 3 quarts size ones and we get 3 quart sized ones we didn't make, right? In a specific group? Rereading that, it sounds like a dumb question, I just would need 3. In any case I think I'd like Ariel. (and a vacation, but I don't think you can help with that request...) :lmao: Thanks for a cool idea!

patchchild
07-18-2006, 05:11 PM
This should be a fun swap. Can I have group 3, Pooh and Friends? Thanks!

AlexWyattMommy
07-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Can I have Ariel in the Princess Group?
Oops, didn't see the previous request for Ariel, sorry. Can I have an Ariel Christmas in the Holiday group?

AlexWyattMommy
07-18-2006, 06:04 PM
May I also have a Mickey & Gang for Group one?
This may be a silly question, but how do we pack these for shipping? Will the Post Office have a box that fits them?

PixieDust32
07-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Based on the interest shown in the Interest Thread, the swap is a "GO" :banana:

Please make THREE altered quart-sized paint cans using Bazzill and patterned Disney paper. Embellish your heart out on these little cuties!!!! ALso..make a suprise which matches your theme to place inside the can- such as a mini paper bag album, a small 3X3 scrapbook, a post-it cover, etc.

You may sign up in any or all of the groups below. I am opening the groups up to more than three folks in case there are flakers. If everybody comes through, will not get your own back.

DEADLINE AT MY HOME is October 31, 2006

I will post the mailing info once this get's going.

Group 1: MICKEY..and Friends (this can be Mickey and/or Mickey with is pals Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto) We can have duplicates
1. Havencruiser (Sharon) - Mickey
2. Caitsmama - "The Gang" (all together)
3. KatDisney - Mickey and Minnie

Group 2: The Princesses (Belle, Jasmine, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White ...together or in groups)
1.Havencruiser (Sharon) - Belle
2. caitsmama - Cinderella
3. KatDisney - Snow White
Group 3: The Rest of the "Gang" ( Any other Disney Character you wish other than those listed above)
1. Caitsmama - TBA
2. KatDisney - Disney Villains
3.Downrivermama - Tinkerbell
4. Havencruiser - Peter Pan
Group 4: Disney Holidays (we can have duplicates here)
1. Havencruiser (Sharon) - The Merriest Place on Earth
2. KatDisney - Mickey's Halloween

Group 1
MINNE

Group 2
Jazmine

Group 3
POOH and TIGGER

Group 4

Chirstmas theme different Characters.

Diana Lyn
07-19-2006, 12:26 AM
I'd like to be in Group 1 and 2. Can I just be "The Gang" and "All Princesses" right now?

MomOf2DisneyKids
07-19-2006, 01:42 AM
have fun, guys! I have no idea how to do this :blush: , so I might try one on my own while the swap is going on (and will pay close attention to questions, tips, etc given! :rolleyes: ) If I have any success, then maybe I'll try a swap the next time around!!
:wave:

potterphreak
07-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Please sign me up for Group 3, Toy Story theme. Might be Buzz, might be Woody, might be Woody and Buzz, haven't decided 100% yet, LOL. Thanks, I am super excited to try something new!!! :Pinkbounc

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Can I do Pirates of the Caribbean? More from the movie than the ride.

I would also like to do christmas and Tinkerbell.

I don't think you should be to concerned with flakers in this group, what are you going to if there are are 5 in a group? Will we make 5? I'm so confused....

havencruiser
07-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Wow....you folks are awesome and enthusiastic! Thanks for signing up so quickly!! I am going to open more slots but YOU STILL ONLY NEED TO MAKE 3 CANS & GOODIES and WILL GET 3 DIFFERENT CANS BACK. I will so swap them out round robin.
As for boxes...I'm not sure what size the post office has. I have always used packing boxes found at places such as Walmart. They are about $2. The quart-sized cans are relatively small and light so shipping shouldn't be too much of an issue. I will reuse the box that you mailed them in to get them back to you. I will send out the complete mailing details a little later.

goofy4 life
07-19-2006, 10:41 AM
could i get group 3 and i think i will do stitch Thanks! Jen

Caitsmama
07-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Ok, for my TBA in Group 3, please put me down as doing Eeyore. Thanks!!

AlexWyattMommy
07-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Can I change my Ariel Christmas to a Pooh & Friends Spring/Easter and do an All Princesses in the Princess Group?

15minfromOGDL
07-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd like to join Group 1 - Mickey. This sounds like so much fun...now I have to go look for quart sized paint cans. Silly question...I heard home depot has empty gallon sized paint cans, so do they also have quart sized paint cans? If not, where are all of you getting your cans from?

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I'd like to join Group 1 - Mickey. This sounds like so much fun...now I have to go look for quart sized paint cans. Silly question...I heard home depot has empty gallon sized paint cans, so do they also have quart sized paint cans? If not, where are all of you getting your cans from?

Yes they also have quart sized ones.

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Sharon,
You skipped me!! ;) But I changed my mind! :teeth:

Group 1 - Donald
Group 2 - Snow White
Group 3 - Chip and Dale
Group 4 - Christmas

KatDisney
07-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Question:

If we wanted to get more than 3 back in a group would that be possible if we made the number of cans to match the group size?

havencruiser
07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
I think I updated new sign-ups, changes, and those I forgot (sorry :rolleyes1 ).
To answer questions:
I got quart size cans at Home Depot and at Lowes. They are right next to the gallon-size ones.

I am not sure how to answer the question about making and getting back more than three. I guess if you made one for everybody in the group, that would work. Since the groups have gotten so large, I think there would be enough assortment to send more than three back if you send in more than three. I will send postage details later.

potterphreak
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
If we make and send in 3, how is it decided which 3 we will get back? *** in my group, there are some I just GOTS to have! LOL

PoohBearLovinMama
07-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Can I do one slot in the princesses with Princess Aurora? Thanks!

AlexWyattMommy
07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Sharon,
I don't think all your changes saved on the first page as I don't see my changes and I don't see Buffy's picks either. Me and the submit button have been having problems lately too.
I had pictured in my head the gallon size bucket when I was thinking how in the world do we ship three of THOSE?! The quart size can should be a whole lot easier to pack up. Since they are NOT the monster size I thought they were, I'd be game to make more than three also. 'Cause there are some I also feel like I just GOTS to have too.

havencruiser
07-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I will take a look at the Edit issue and see what's going on. I re-saved it several times and it didn't seem to take. Rest assured, anybody who has posted has a spot in the swap.

havencruiser
07-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure how to determine who will get what back. Anybody have any ideas???? I have done these sort of swaps before where you rank your order of preference and then they are swapped out that way. I will have to think about it. I didn't think this one would get so big!!!

AlexWyattMommy
07-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Well, we could all just bite the bullet and make 7. You would still have the headache of making sure no one got theirs back, but there would be no disappointments. If 6 out of 8 people want the Villians but there are only 3 Villian cans, you would be put in a tight spot trying to decide who gets them and who doesn't.
Edited to add: And we should all make the post-it cover if we are making so many cans. Embellishing an album is alot of work to do 7 times for each group you are in.

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I would be willing to make 1 for everyone. They don't take long to put together. And since it is so far away I can buy cans a little at a time.

havencruiser
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
I agree that something small like a mini composition book or a post-it cover or maybe a small frame would work best. As far as the numbers go, I think we all need to agree on how many to make. THey are very small and rather inexpensive (about $1.75) each but if we are going to make them for everybody in the group, we need to agree. Anybody have any other ideas?

AlexWyattMommy
07-19-2006, 11:10 PM
The other thought, to keep the number down to the original three everyone signed on for is to just split each group into 2. The top 4 in one group and the last 4 in the second group. This way it is not you deciding who gets what, it is just the luck of the way we signed up.

Mickster
07-19-2006, 11:16 PM
I like AlexWyattMommy's idea. Four seems reasonable to me. But then again, I'm in a group where I'd be happy with any of the cans. :) It is all good.

Also, I got my cans at Lowe's for $2.36 each. And I was plannng on making a little mini album out of paint chips in Ariel type colors. I was going to embellish the front and use ribbon to attach it all together. Sound ok?

15minfromOGDL
07-20-2006, 10:05 AM
The other thought, to keep the number down to the original three everyone signed on for is to just split each group into 2. The top 4 in one group and the last 4 in the second group. This way it is not you deciding who gets what, it is just the luck of the way we signed up.

I like this idea, too...I'm off to Home Depot today to get my cans and get started. Thanks!

PigletFairy
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Do you guys know if I can enter this swap even if i'm new to altered cans?? I have done scrapbooking and other altered items. I would really like any group!!! :yay:

patchchild
07-20-2006, 10:47 AM
I'd be willing to move up to making 4 paint cans for my group (3) but I think I'd start to get nervous about making more than that.

As for which person gets which can, maybe we all request 2 we'd really like, and are gaurenteed at least one of those? Or perhaps, requesting one not to receive? Either way, leaving it a little random.

Also, a question. What is the best way people have found for adhering the paper to the can in the end? Spray adhesive, wet glue, glue dots? Any suggestions?

Mickster
07-20-2006, 10:57 AM
I was planning on using that super sticky tape. I never can remember what it is called. :rolleyes1

I have my stuff already, so let me know if I need to get one more. Thanks! I can't wait to get started!! :banana:

BernardandMissBianca
07-20-2006, 12:52 PM
I'd be willing to move up to making 4 paint cans for my group (3) but I think I'd start to get nervous about making more than that.

As for which person gets which can, maybe we all request 2 we'd really like, and are gaurenteed at least one of those? Or perhaps, requesting one not to receive? Either way, leaving it a little random.

Also, a question. What is the best way people have found for adhering the paper to the can in the end? Spray adhesive, wet glue, glue dots? Any suggestions?

Double sided tape for paper and mod podge for cardstock. Although I used mod podge for the paper on the cans I posted pics of. It just seemed to adhere better. Use a little steal wool or sand paper to scratch the surface of the can put on some mod podge, adhere the paper and mod podge again.
Same thing goes for the lid.

I'm flexible in the groups but 4 per group sounds good to me.

BernardandMissBianca
07-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Sharon,
I'm still not on there. Are you still having problems editing? I'm having trouble logging in.
Should we post an updated list on a new post here?

havencruiser
07-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Sure, you can enter the swap even if you haven't done cans before. I encourage you to check out the www.twopeasinabucket.com site for lots of good examples.
I think I will act upon the suggestion of asking folks to rank the order of which ones in your group you would prefer to get back. Then...as many as you send in, I will try to meet everybody's request. I do hope that people will consider making enough for the whole group, but if not, I understand.

Mickster
07-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm a little confused. Bottom line it for me. If I make three, then I get three? If I make 8 then I get 8? I can say which ones I want and you'll try to get them for me? Are we supposed to say how many we want to make and which ones we want?

potterphreak
07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
I have never done cans before and I am super excited about this swap! Please let me know how it will be decided which cans we get because I signed on to my group because of 3 specific cans and if I'm not able to get them, then there really is no point for me to do this swap because I'm not a big Pooh person. I mean, one Pooh can would look great in my Pooh kitchen but I can't imagine what I would use the others for. I would soooooo love to have, in order, 1. Villains, 2. Tinkerbell, 3. Peter Pan, 4. Toy Story, 5. Pooh & Friends, 6. Pooh & Tigger, 7. Eeyore.

Then again, I am not opposed to making cans for everyone in my group. Maybe we should have a vote on how this works? Again, I am super :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: about trying something new with all of you lovely ladies!!!

PigletFairy
07-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Thank you for letting me sign up!! I want to do any of them!! I think this would be great christmas gifts for my little cousins, i do have all girls so i would prefer to get girl themed but i would do any of them. Let me know what spot i can get in!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

havencruiser
07-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I will try again tonight to fix the sign-up post. Don't worry, though! If you posted...you are in :)
I have my final exam for my PRoject Management course tonight and will work on it when I get home. Hopefully, we will see a fixed sign-up list by midnight! :cheer2: