PDA

View Full Version : Post your exchange ideas here!!

Tigger113
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Is there any exchange that you are hoping for or that you think would be fun??

Post your ideas Here:

Your Favorite DVD Exchange
Disney Plush
Disney Cats
Purse exchange

Sparx
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
picture frames.
we could revisit the colors
office supplies (lol)
books
dvds
music
tshirts (you'd have to put your size on the sign up form)
pictures (like famous prints)
online order (has to be ordered online)
amazon wishlist (order one or two things off someone's wishlist)
something from wdw
computer stuff (softwear or hardwear)

I've got a million ideas.

DisneyMommyMichelle
07-18-2006, 03:57 PM
I like the inexpensive exchanges :)

Favorite: Birthday or whatever Greeting card
Favorite: Hard Candy
Favorite: CD
Charms (for a charm bracelet)

Pooh67_68
07-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Sparx, can tell you haven't been around for a while. They are just wrapping up the annual t-shirt exchange.

They already do Disney exchanges, but you can never have to much Disney. :teeth:

NikiM20
07-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Magnets
We havent done a pet exchange in a few months

wellesleyprincess
07-18-2006, 04:56 PM
What about a flip flop exchange

Meriweather
07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
magnets are coming soon ::yes::
We did a flip flop one a couple months ago :)
DVD was also done a few months back.
I hope to do a stationery supply one soon :teeth:

Keep the ideas coming. We always like new ideas ::yes::

Tamarap
07-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Do we have alot of scrapbookers here, a scrapbook exchange might be fun. Every time I go into a new store I see things I have never seen anywhere else before.

Meriweather
07-18-2006, 06:52 PM
If you want scrapping exchanges, go over to the Creative Community.
They always have LOTS of them going on ::yes::

Pooh67_68
07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
For a list of upcoming exchanges, go to this thread.
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=942920 and scroll down past the sent/received links.

PixieDust32
07-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Picture frame

Magnets

Bookmarks

disneygirlatheart
07-18-2006, 08:31 PM
make-up for all the women out there

back to school for the kids Ugh too bad it is almost time for them to go back

trinkets

gift certificates

collections whatever you collect you let them know and you could exchange whatver that is

coupons

I have a ton more but I will not bore you!

UrsulasMyHero
07-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Favorite Lipstick color

Favorite Eyeshadow (have you heard of E.L.F or TEN)

Favorite Scent?

School Supplies/Stationary - LOVE THAT ONE

PixieDust32
07-19-2006, 01:00 AM
PENS! I love pens.

thewishfire
07-19-2006, 01:42 AM
I think the Amazon.com exchange idea is wonderful! I'd love to do something like that!

mickeyfan2
07-19-2006, 08:37 AM
DH would like any exchange that involves something you can eat. ;)

Tigger113
07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Coffee/tea
Your favorite cookies

TheDisneyTraveler06
07-19-2006, 10:47 AM
We were talking about exchanges on one of the threads I am involved in.

Why not do something like a Yankee Candle or Bath and Body Works exchange?

Just a suggestion! :)

Savsmommy
07-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Disney School Supplies
Disney Stickers

Tigger113
07-19-2006, 11:07 AM

We do a Yankee Candle exchange in January or Novemeber i believe.

That one is always fun!

Meriweather
07-19-2006, 11:14 AM

B&BW is done twice a year.....Jan. and June for the sales. We just finished one up.

YC is 3 times a year. March, Sept, and Nov. Sign-ups will start Sept. 1 :) for the fall one.

Tigger113
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Nightmare before christmas

Pooh67_68
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
We did cookies once, but you could do them again and see who will play.

Your favorite cookies

Also in the locally made exchange that mommytotwo hosted, some people send food that is made in their area or state. In one of her exchanges I sent 5 boxes of TastyKake Cupcakes as they are made in Pa.

Tigger113
07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
In one of her exchanges I sent 5 boxes of TastyKake Cupcakes as they are made in Pa.

Oh!! Yummy! I love those :sunny:

UrsulasMyHero
07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Hair doo dads ((for those of us with long hair, and short too, I suppose!))
Nail Items (polishes, files, stickers, and that kind of thing)
Bath supplies
sewing stuff (all the ephemera associated with sewing)
BPAL Oils.
For those who collect them.. BEANIE BABIES
stuffies/Plushies

mommytotwo
07-19-2006, 09:48 PM
I had done a jam/jelly exchange 2 or 3 times before, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in this? If so, I will start it up.

VanniGirl
07-20-2006, 06:08 AM
DH would like any exchange that involves something you can eat. ;)

LOL - Mine said the same thing :lmao:

babytrees
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
I like the school supply exchange idea

hair pretties is a good one...though I have a ton!!

how about a basket one? filled and unfilled.,,,or even containers....constantly going by that section in the store and thinking ohhhhh I love that one :teeth:

Bathroom exchange.....shower curtains, doo dads for the bathroom, air fresheners...well you get my drift :rotfl:

Tigger113
07-23-2006, 10:22 AM
disney patches???

crazyme5kids
07-23-2006, 11:41 AM
How about a tourism exchange? We could exchange brochures, pamphlets, maps etc... and it wouldn't cost anyone anything except postage. It could be any kind of thing from museums, zoos to local event guides.

PixieDust32
07-23-2006, 02:32 PM
How about a tourism exchange? We could exchange brochures, pamphlets, maps etc... and it wouldn't cost anyone anything except postage. It could be any kind of thing from museums, zoos to local event guides.

Great Idea.

The bathroom Idea is great also. And they hair, nail polish, my girls would love that one.

School stuff would be cool too.

Good Ol Gal
07-24-2006, 10:00 AM
I think it would be so much fun to do a Disney School Supply exchange! School starts here in almost one month so I need to get shopping for it.

Let's do it! So, how do you decide on who's running it? :earboy2:

Tigger113
07-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I think it would be so much fun to do a Disney School Supply exchange! School starts here in almost one month so I need to get shopping for it.

Let's do it! So, how do you decide on who's running it? :earboy2:

You can run it.... :) School starts July 31st here so I will be too busy to do it...and my next exchange I will host will be a coffee and tea one.

Good Ol Gal
07-24-2006, 10:17 AM
You can run it.... :) School starts July 31st here so I will be too busy to do it...and my next exchange I will host will be a coffee and tea one.
So what, I just start a new thread for sign-ups??

Tigger113
07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
So what, I just start a new thread for sign-ups??

I sent you a pm. ;)

Tigger113
07-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Nail polish would be fun! Makeup would be a little to hard I think. Everyone has different tastes in colors,etc.

Tigger113
07-24-2006, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=Pooh67_68]We did cookies once, but you could do them again and see who will play.

I think cookies would be fun but we would need to do it in the winter so there is no melting!

Tigger113
07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
I can't wait for the pin one! :p

In the winter we could do a scarf exchange,hat exchange,etc.

We could do a princess exchange.

I like the food exchanges the best though!

wellesleyprincess
07-24-2006, 06:52 PM
When is the next Build-A-Bear exchange?

UrsulasMyHero
07-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Nail polish would be fun! Makeup would be a little to hard I think. Everyone has different tastes in colors,etc.

Your school starts 7/31? I thought we started early on 8/3 Ye gads!

AS for the make up, I guess it would be on the likes of Your Favorite Colors?

kelleigh1
07-24-2006, 08:33 PM
My husband told me to let him know if we ever do a sports exchange . although that is pretty broad.

We've both big sports fans...especially the 4 major sports, although we like just about anything.

Pooh67_68
07-25-2006, 06:14 AM
Some time in August.

When is the next Build-A-Bear exchange?

Tigger113
07-25-2006, 10:52 AM
How about a Disney Book exchange?

UrsulasMyHero
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Anyone else not getting any updates in their e-mail about new posts to threads? I used to get one every day when a thread i'd posted on had been updated and I haven't for a few days.... Just wondering if it was me or what...

mommytotwo
07-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Anyone else not getting any updates in their e-mail about new posts to threads? I used to get one every day when a thread i'd posted on had been updated and I haven't for a few days.... Just wondering if it was me or what...

I do recieve updates, but they come maybe like a few hours to a day later. :confused3

shmoogrrrl
07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
How about children? Can you tell it has been a rough day here with my little one? Naah, I am kidding! I wouldn't trade my little Tinkerbell for anything.

I loved the colors that was always a lot of fun and left things wide open as far as what you could get. Also, I loved getting younger girls since I can make bows and that was always a good fall back for colors if the child was young enough. Hehehe.

Let's see....I am not good at these ideas.

Gift cards? $10.00 - $15.00 limit from the senders choice of places? I guess people would have to be pretty generic to make sure that they reciever was able to use it in theor own town. That could also be fun with restaurants. You'd just have to make sure there was one of those restaurants in their town.

Well, that about does it for my not-so-brilliant ideas.

bobbiwoz
07-31-2006, 08:16 AM

I'm not getting the news in a timely fashion either!
Bobbi

mickeyfan2
07-31-2006, 08:38 AM
How about a handmade exchange (not like the scrapbook swaps)?

barkley
08-01-2006, 07:00 AM
i too like food items-esp. ones that are regional in nature. how about spices, marinades, dip mixes and the like that are from your area (as an example we live near napa and there are tons of wine based marinades, mustards, spices/dip mixes with local plants).

might be nice to do in time for using them for holiday parties and the like.

you might even be able to enhance it by having the sender advise the recipient how they use the product in a not so obvious way (we have a local dip mix that we use in our bread machine to make herb bread-realy yummy but no indication on the packaging it can be used for that purpose).

princessariel
08-12-2006, 09:27 AM
I didn't read through this whole thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned or done yet, but I'd like to see a Hair produces exchange.

I have 3 grand daughters all who have long hair. They spend the night at our house and I'm always looking for hair ties, clips, barrettes, headbands etc. to do their hair with. I'd be in for all 3 girls.

PixieDust32
08-12-2006, 11:49 AM
How about a handmade exchange (not like the scrapbook swaps)?

Yay! That would be nice! :yay:

ladytemptra3
08-12-2006, 02:16 PM
DisneyCP2002 and I are trying to get the alphabet/color exchange up and running. We're going to do each letter, and it will also encompass colors. For instance, "B" is going to be blue. She plans to start the letter "A" in midAugust. Afterwards, I will start sign-ups for blue. Everyone, please keep an eye out for sign-ups and come join us. If anyone is interested in hosting, pm me!

Vannah
08-12-2006, 02:40 PM
I have yet to participate in any exchanges, but I'm gonna start soon!
Love the idea for a beanie babie exchange, I collect.
Uh....anything Disney exhange would be nice.

2sweetangels
08-16-2006, 11:13 PM
picture frames.
we could revisit the colors
office supplies (lol)
books
dvds
music
tshirts (you'd have to put your size on the sign up form)
pictures (like famous prints)
online order (has to be ordered online)
amazon wishlist (order one or two things off someone's wishlist)
something from wdw
computer stuff (softwear or hardwear)

I've got a million ideas.

i like the picture frame one, I collect them :goodvibes

kelsco99
08-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Sorry to barge in here. My DD wants me to pass along an idea for an exchange. Is anyone interested in getting the kids involved in an exchange?

I had a 7 year old DD and a 6 year old DS. They were really curious about an exchange I was doing for the Ladies Only trip and want to give it a try. It might be hard to match up with all the different ages but it would be lots of fun.
Maybe make up a questionaire that the kids have to answer and then the other child can do shopping based on that or we could go with a theme :confused3

What do you think?

Kelly

mommytotwo
08-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Sorry to barge in here. My DD wants me to pass along an idea for an exchange. Is anyone interested in getting the kids involved in an exchange?

I had a 7 year old DD and a 6 year old DS. They were really curious about an exchange I was doing for the Ladies Only trip and want to give it a try. It might be hard to match up with all the different ages but it would be lots of fun.
Maybe make up a questionaire that the kids have to answer and then the other child can do shopping based on that or we could go with a theme :confused3

What do you think?

Kelly

I have hosted a bunch of kids only exchanges ranging from-bathtime fun, outside fun, book exchange-which we are now exchanging, and a bunch of other ones. Also, kids are welcome to join in on most of the adult exchanges. Ex. I have the Halloween exchange going on now...where you would either exchange with an adult or child, but if you put in a request to buy from a child, or to recieve from a child, that can also be done. I will also have the Christmas present and Christmas stocking exchange coming up in Nov. and there are usually a bunch of children that participate in that one as well. There is now the sticker/sticker book exchange if your daughter is interested in that.

SeeDisney
08-30-2006, 08:17 AM
How about pocketbooks/purses?

debsays
09-02-2006, 08:58 AM
How can one be a part of the exchange. First I've heard of it....sounds like a fun thing to do.

Meriweather
09-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Look for an exchange that is taking sign-ups (that you are interested in ;) ) and on the first post will be the info you need to send to the organizer.

minniedisney1
09-04-2006, 12:48 AM
I have only skimmed this thread, so if this has been mentioned or done already please disregard it.

Maybe there might be an interest in a pet goodies exchange. Like dog/cat treats, toys, etc. Just a thought!

mommytotwo
09-04-2006, 03:59 AM
I have only skimmed this thread, so if this has been mentioned or done already please disregard it.

Maybe there might be an interest in a pet goodies exchange. Like dog/cat treats, toys, etc. Just a thought!

I had hosted a pet exchange this year and there was recently one done. But you never know when there will be another pet exchange, so just keep your eyes open. :thumbsup2

Snow Brite
09-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I've only done a couple of exchanges, and not recently but really love them!

A few ideas for ones that would be fun:

Rubber duckies (there are so many different ones now)
Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Disney Racer cars (for little boys or big!)
Disney antenna toppers (love these!)
Slippers (good for the cold weather!)
Lip gloss/chapstick
Cake mix and "doctoring ingredients" (from the Cake Doctor cookbook)
Aprons (I just love aprons, but not sure if anyone else does!)
Gum/Candy (my daughter just loved this last time)
Hat/Scarf/Mittens (homemade or store bought)
Favorite afterschool snack recipe and ingredients
Sunglasses

My daughter came up with a fun idea too...not sure how it would work but maybe someone more experienced would have a good idea. Her girl scout troop had a teddy bear that each girl got to take home for a week. They each took did stuff with the teddy and took pictures and added them to Teddy's scrapbook and passed it on to the next girl. She thought that it would be fun to have a tee shirt that could be sent to young girls. They could wear it on their trip to Disney, take a picture of them wearing it and add it to the scrapbook, wash it and then sign it and send it on to the next girl. I really liked the idea of this tee shirt getting to go to Disney over and over on different girls vacations. The tee shirt would eventually be covered in girls signatures and the date they wore it to Disney and there would be a scrapbook with everyone's memories of their day with the tee shirt at Disney.

debsays
09-09-2006, 12:47 PM
There must be some knitters out there. Anyone ever think of a yarn exchange with like directions for a scarf, etc. ? ?

How do we exchange address. This is all new to me.

tinkersmama
09-09-2006, 04:26 PM
My daughter came up with a fun idea too...not sure how it would work but maybe someone more experienced would have a good idea. Her girl scout troop had a teddy bear that each girl got to take home for a week. They each took did stuff with the teddy and took pictures and added them to Teddy's scrapbook and passed it on to the next girl. She thought that it would be fun to have a tee shirt that could be sent to young girls. They could wear it on their trip to Disney, take a picture of them wearing it and add it to the scrapbook, wash it and then sign it and send it on to the next girl. I really liked the idea of this tee shirt getting to go to Disney over and over on different girls vacations. The tee shirt would eventually be covered in girls signatures and the date they wore it to Disney and there would be a scrapbook with everyone's memories of their day with the tee shirt at Disney.

I love this idea!

tinkersmama
09-09-2006, 04:28 PM
ok, I have a few.

A craft exchange. You make the craft and then send it to your "exchange buddy"

card game exchange for kids...ie old maid, go fish...

my little pony exchange

baby doll exchange

chipanddale_fan
09-25-2006, 02:30 AM
you people have some good ideas :thumbsup2

grinningghost
09-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Home Decor - my new house will be finished in December and I need stuff! :cool1:

Haven't done an exchange in a long time, and this is one I'll be looking for. :teeth:

jekajekalynn
09-28-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't know if anyone else would like this idea, but here goes. hehe

How about a OOAK Barbie exchange? (One of a kind... for non-doll collectors ;))

We do this on a Barbie board I belong to, and I think girls would like it.

Here's what we do:

You ask the girls eye and hair color, and their fave color (for clothing
You buy a doll with similar hair color , you buy an outfit (or make an outfit, if you're more talented than I ;)) that has the girls fave color on it, you box it back up and send it (usually with extras).

thewishfire
09-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Home Decor - my new house will be finished in December and I need stuff! :cool1:

This would be fun. I'll be moving in a few months and will be in need of some new things! :goodvibes

Ready to go in Ok
10-04-2006, 07:49 AM
What about colors? Like the blue/black exchange that we did earlier with the "B" exchange. That was pretty fun.
Does anyone do a favorite book exchange? I am such a reader, I would love that one.
Or a calendar exchange?

Meriweather
10-04-2006, 09:10 AM
We have done colors....and I think the alphabet that is goind now will include colors when a letter comes up that works.

We have done calendars for the last ....hmmmm.....4 years. Not sure if anyone is planning on hosting it this year.

We did do favorite book once also. That was fun. It was in the string called "My favorites". Book was in there as was author. :)

Ready to go in Ok
10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
So basically everything is already being done? I am out of ideas. But I love the exchanges! :)

Meriweather
10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
You are always welcome to do things over.
Not sure if anyone is hosting the calendar one this year. If you are interested, PM me and I will ask the past hosts of this one (we have had several).
Things are redone all the time.....just make sure that it isn't another host's "special" one ;)

ryka
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Have we ever done a pajama one?

jrnunzio3
11-08-2006, 10:35 AM
How about an exchange of last years/this years unused holiday cards. I am just wrapping my presents and getting my cards together to be mailed and I noticed that I have 4-5 of each card that I have sent out previously left over. I would hate to send the same card to the same person this year that I did last year. SO, maybe exchange all of the unused cards that way everyone has new cards for next year and won't have to buy them/wait for sales and won't send the same as last year, does that make any sense? :confused3

the past few years I have sent my unused/unwanted cards to my friends in Iraq, so that they could send Holiday wishes home to their friends and family (I don't suppose they get blank cards over there.).

Oh well, just a thought.

Jenny