PDA

View Full Version : Not A Real Safari!!!

Lilnickyboy
07-17-2006, 10:14 PM
My friend just told me that some of the animals on the safri ride at AK are not real :sad2: . She said her neighbor told her (he knows a CM) that some the animals are machinical :guilty: ! I was shoked! She wasn't sure if she could belive him so next time she was making Ressie's with a CM she asked him this and he told her hat some of the animals aren't real!I CAN'T BELIVE DISNEY WOULD DO THIS TO US :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :furious: ! The safari beng one of my favorite rides, has now lost some of it's magic knowing this fact. Does anyone know if this is really true :confused3 ? ( I hope not!)

tinker&belle
07-17-2006, 10:15 PM
I have a hard time believing this... did she say what animal?

yearbook50
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Little Red isn't real.
But I figured that was obvious.

DisneyFairy19
07-17-2006, 10:26 PM
VERY HARD to BELIEVE... I know Little RED the Elephant is mechanical.... But that would be :sad1: sad it some of the animals were fake...

LiLIrishChick63
07-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Little Red the elephant is the only animal on the safari that is mechanical.

i've seen most of these animals(save for the lions, thank you!) up close and personal, and they are definatly real.

CrazyChik
07-18-2006, 01:06 AM
Little Red the elephant is the only animal on the safari that is mechanical.

i've seen most of these animals(save for the lions, thank you!) up close and personal, and they are definatly real.

yeah same here it would be sad to have filled that pool with mechanical hippos

JPN4265
07-18-2006, 05:04 AM
I needed a good laugh this morning. :lmao:

getready
07-18-2006, 05:26 AM
what about the dinosaurs - surely they are real?? :)

nbodyhome
07-18-2006, 05:28 AM
And it's too late for April Fools! :)

LakeAriel
07-18-2006, 06:08 AM
You mean Little red isn't real? Does that mean there really weren't poachers on that ride either? :rotfl2:

OKWMom
07-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Does that mean there really weren't poachers on that ride either? :rotfl2:

Sure the poachers are there. Last year DD7 was looking really hard and said she saw them. And we all know how truthful children are. :rolleyes1

EEYOREMAMA
07-18-2006, 07:55 AM
My friend just told me that some of the animals on the safri ride at AK are not real :sad2: . She said her neighbor told her (he knows a CM) that some the animals are machinical :guilty: The safari beng one of my favorite rides, has now lost some of it's magic knowing this fact. Does anyone know if this is really true :confused3 ? ( I hope not!)

Okay. Repeat after me. "I can't believe everything I hear." Do this about 20x and then continue reading. :lmao:

I have been on the safari ride so many times, I'm waiting for them to dedicate a seat to me. The ONLY fake animal is Little Red. The others are as real as they get. They move, they breathe, they hold up the ride :yay: so they can walk across the path. No animatronics here. Where do these rumors start? :confused3

Rachljo22
07-18-2006, 08:07 AM
My friend just told me that some of the animals on the safri ride at AK are not real

Hmmm they all looked very real to me! I rode it twice and never saw the same animal standing in the same place, but that could just be my lack of concentration LOL! I can't imagine that they are, but I guess you never know :confused3

ZebraDomeCrazy
07-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I needed a good laugh this morning. :lmao:

Here's another good one - When we were exiting the Festival of the Lion King we overheard two woman talking about how amazing the show was, when one woman mentioned how exciting the fire performer was, and her friend told her that -"Disney only uses FAKE FIRE - it's not real fire, too bad". What exactly is fake fire? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MiaSRN62
07-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh...my gosh.....say it isn't so......... :faint: ;)

magicaldisney
07-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Here's another good one - When we were exiting the Festival of the Lion King we overheard two woman talking about how amazing the show was, when one woman mentioned how exciting the fire performer was, and her friend told her that -"Disney only uses FAKE FIRE - it's not real fire, too bad". What exactly is fake fire? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

How do you hold your tongue? :rolleyes1

mickeymousemom
07-18-2006, 08:31 AM
You have GOT to be kidding me!

I have absolutely NO patience for people whose thought processes don't go much farther than a nanometer...... :crazy:

Why do some people think that just because it's DISNEY, EVERYTHING is animatronic? Are these the same people who think we've never landed on the moon? Maybe all the guests walking down Main Street are animatronic. Maybe I'M animatronic. :teeth:

No offense to you, OP... I understand you are younger and just want to make sure this isn't true.... :goodvibes

Rest assured, minus Little Red,the animals are real. All of them. Disney spent lots of time and money to build an area that closely resembled an African safari. They also spent lots of time making sure certain animals can't get close to other animals to harm them. Have a good time next time you go...it's as true of a safari as you might get in the US of A!

stinkerbelle's mom
07-18-2006, 08:36 AM
You will enjoy the ride looking at all the real animals (except of course for Lil Red). :thumbsup2 We went while it was raining-- boy was that a fun slippery ride.

Hmm, robot animals & fake fire- what will they think of next :rolleyes: -- wait til I call my invisible friend Ernie & tell him, he'll be so shocked! :rotfl:

kkevcamsmom
07-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Maybe she confused Jungle Cruise with the Safari??

If they were all fake, kudos to Disney for the AWESOME job on the fake animals!

Lori

mickeyfan2
07-18-2006, 09:25 AM
There is only one way to test this theory. Ride the safari and hop off and run over and push the animals. If it turns and runs at you or trys to eat you it is real.;)

mickeymousemom
07-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Lori

The Jungle Cruise animals aren't real??? What the heck???!!

:teeth:

goofydad621
07-18-2006, 09:42 AM
There is only one way to test this theory. Ride the safari and hop off and run over and push the animals. If it turns and runs at you or trys to eat you it is real.;)

Be careful somebody might take your advice then sue you for endangering them... :rotfl:

AAwwwwwwww natural selection at it's best

Principessa1284
07-18-2006, 09:44 AM
ok.. i feel that i am qualified to answer this question.. being a kilimanjaro safaris driver and all. every single one of the animals inside of the reserve are 100% real. you probably saved little red from the poachers after you LEAVE the reserve.. outside of the gates.. if you get my drift.

i still can't figure out how those poachers keep getting in.

ps - yes the crocs are real. yes the hippos are real. have you ever seen a hippo jump like a dolphin? cuz they do.. it's hillarious.

kwaherini!

Twende
07-18-2006, 09:47 AM
:wave2: Sorry above poster. We were posting at the same time! :thumbsup2

All the animals in the Reserve of the safari are real live animals. :thumbsup2

Lil Red is an animatronic but then she is off the Reserve property. Remember the fence that is bashed down and you leave Reserve property?

As to "fake fire"? :confused3 Man that is a new one! I would love to have this person explain what is fake fire! :rotfl2:

I heard that the black birds that steal your food in MK are really just remote controled stuffed animals that are there to entertain the guests. :banana:

uhtimex
07-18-2006, 10:23 AM

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Lilnickyboy
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
OK, I guess everyone here takes this post as a joke. Just dont know what to belive these days. Why is everyone making fun of me :furious: . I,m probably the youngest one to post on this, and im acting more adult then everyone else here. (I dont know, Mabey i just should,nt ask questions anymore?)

kvogel11202
07-18-2006, 01:24 PM
meant to make you feel bad, I think maybe they were just having some fun. It's rather odd that anyone would tell you the animals weren't real, I've never heard that particular rumor before. Obviously you're question was answered, but I just felt bad about you're last post. Don't let it get you down, just a bit of fun! :cheer2:

momandseandodisney
07-18-2006, 01:43 PM
VERY HARD to BELIEVE... I know Little RED the Elephant is mechanical.... But that would be :sad1: sad it some of the animals were fake...

I would think the same :confused3

momandseandodisney
07-18-2006, 01:46 PM

If they were all fake, kudos to Disney for the AWESOME job on the fake animals!

Lori

yeah maybe she was thinking the jungle cruise

but aren't all the animals on the JC real too? you could have fooled me :rotfl: :Pinkbounc

Lilnickyboy
07-18-2006, 01:47 PM

I have absolutely NO patience for people whose thought processes don't go much farther than a nanometer...... :crazy:

Why do some people think that just because it's DISNEY, EVERYTHING is animatronic? Are these the same people who think we've never landed on the moon? Maybe all the guests walking down Main Street are animatronic. Maybe I'M animatronic. :teeth:

No offense to you, OP... I understand you are younger and just want to make sure this isn't true.... :goodvibes

Rest assured, minus Little Red,the animals are real. All of them. Disney spent lots of time and money to build an area that closely resembled an African safari. They also spent lots of time making sure certain animals can't get close to other animals to harm them. Have a good time next time you go...it's as true of a safari as you might get in the US of A!

This girl looks like they want to KILL ME! This is SO UNCALLED FOR!

CrazyChik
07-18-2006, 03:00 PM
OK, I guess everyone here takes this post as a joke. Just dont know what to belive these days. Why is everyone making fun of me :furious: . I,m probably the youngest one to post on this, and im acting more adult then everyone else here. (I dont know, Mabey i just should,nt ask questions anymore?)

uumm actually i am youger than you :goodvibes pretty nasty when adults start to flame you though i've had it done to me don't stop asking questions there'd be no boards if everyone did that

DznyLvr2005
07-18-2006, 03:09 PM
:rotfl:
Oh geesh.. We went on the concierge only tour of Animal Kingdom where they take you in the back to the animal holding facilities. I can tell you they are all most definately real! Why would Disney build a park bigger than all the rest with lush greens, trees, etc, just to throw animatronics in it?!
You may be confusing this story with another story. Back in the day, Walt wanted to use real animals on the jungle cruise but obviously that didn't happen.... or did it... :lmao: lol

the john
07-18-2006, 04:25 PM
funny

UtahMama
07-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Lilnickyboy...I re-read the comments and I think she's flaming the person who tried to tell you the animals were fake...not YOU. There's always people who want to ruin the magic! BTW, I love the safari!!! It's great when you get a cool guide who cares!

sticker231
07-18-2006, 09:39 PM
you don't even move, it is a simulator!

by the way--what the @#*& is "fake fire"?

I am surprised how many people I know here from their pics in their signatures!

Principessa1284
07-18-2006, 10:14 PM
please don't jump out of the truck to check if they're real? lol that's BAD.

after you end up on a 4 week safari (insted of the standard 2 week) because a giraffe is infront of your truck and refusing to move, and another giraffe stick's it's head in the back row.. then tell me it's not real lol. i think the lady in the back row might disagree.

LiLIrishChick63
07-18-2006, 10:49 PM

i've never heard of "fake fire" before.....gotta love people

LiLIrishChick63
07-18-2006, 10:50 PM

*dies* that's a good way to test this theory! i like it! :lmao:

LiLIrishChick63
07-18-2006, 10:52 PM
This girl looks like they want to KILL ME! This is SO UNCALLED FOR!

woah if she could kill you thru the internet that would be kind of frightening.

LiLIrishChick63
07-18-2006, 10:53 PM

haha a safari simulator.....sweet deal!

momandseandodisney
07-19-2006, 08:09 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am not making fun of the OP, and I am sure others are not either. - but it just seemed like a funny, post, and we all need a funny joke sometimes

RIGHT?

magicaldisney
07-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Lilnickyboy...I re-read the comments and I think she's flaming the person who tried to tell you the animals were fake...not YOU. There's always people who want to ruin the magic! BTW, I love the safari!!! It's great when you get a cool guide who cares!

I agree, I also reread all of the comments. I didn't find one that was directed to you. Please don't take what others are saying personally. Maybe in a day or two come back and reread them yourself. You might actually find them a little funny.

I can only speak for myself, I'm sorry if you felt flamed in any way. I'm sure that wasn't anyone's intention. :blush:

LibertyLover
07-19-2006, 02:11 PM
This post reminds me of something that happened to DH and I at a historical re-enacting event we were at in Jamestown, VA. Our group was doing German Landsknecht, circa 1550. Our camp was pretty darn good, with period tents, us in period clothing and doing period activities, including cooking. Some know-it-all father walked his kid into camp and looked around. Kid was fascinated by the chickens roasting on the spit and asked his father if they was real. Father authoritatively looked at the chickens, announced to his son that they were obviously fake and plastic to boot, because you could see the chickens melting into the obviously fake fire ( :confused3 ). Father than said "see" and reached out his hand to touch the "fake" chicken. None of us could get a yell out or reach him in time and he got his fingers toasted by hot chicken drippings and heat from the "fake" fire. We got his hand plunged into cool water and he left, loudly announcing that he was going to sue because we had not had any warning signs up that the fire was real. :stir:

mickeymousemom
07-19-2006, 03:04 PM

EXACTLY! And thank you, UtahMama....That's exactly what I was doing.

OP...I stated this EXACTLY in my post. I really think you need to reread it(and then explain to me why I would put a "good vibes" emoticon after that if I was flaming you)

I also don't think anyone on this thread is making fun of you, but of the ADULTS who truly believe stuff like this.

Also, I replied to the PM you sent me...please check it out...I urge you to calm down before you get flamed for getting out of control for thinking you are being flamed, when in all actuality you haven't been flamed once that I can see. As I said in my PM to you if, as a 13yo, you're going to post with all of us, then you need to understand the way things go on here...and cross my heart, make me live in Universal, I mean ALL of this in a NICE way(I have a 12 yo DD and would be pretty P.O'd if she were treated unkindly on here)....

Take it easy..... :grouphug:

byoung
07-19-2006, 04:15 PM
what about the dinosaurs - surely they are real?? :)
Where are dinosaurs on the safari?

DisneyMommyMichelle
07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
just don't believe everything you hear. :goodvibes:

helenk
07-19-2006, 04:54 PM
My friend just told me that some of the animals on the safri ride at AK are not real :sad2: . She said her neighbor told her (he knows a CM) that some the animals are machinical :guilty: ! I was shoked! She wasn't sure if she could belive him so next time she was making Ressie's with a CM she asked him this and he told her hat some of the animals aren't real!I CAN'T BELIVE DISNEY WOULD DO THIS TO US :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :furious: ! The safari beng one of my favorite rides, has now lost some of it's magic knowing this fact. Does anyone know if this is really true :confused3 ? ( I hope not!)

I do not want to be smart....but you say that the safari is one of your favorite rides then one would assume that you have ridden at least a few times. Surely you can tell that those animals are real, they are walking or swimming and moving at different times, and they are in different spots. How could you believe that they are mechanical???

Lilnickyboy
07-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Wow everyone takes this a a big deal. Yo all can calm down. You all sound like your tring to disuade me from killing myself.

No harsh feelings
~lilnickyboy

mickeymousemom
07-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow everyone takes this a a big deal. Yo all can calm down. You all sound like your tring to disuade me from killing myself.

No harsh feelings
~lilnickyboy

Nope. Not trying to dissuade you from killing yourself, but with the way you posted your anger you DID seem pretty upset. No problem here...and I really don't think any of us are upset so as to need calming down. We're adults trying to make you understand that you don't need to get so defensive. :goodvibes :goodvibes

On the other hand...I don't believe it was necessary of helenk to post the way she did. Yes, we've all ridden Kilimanjaro Safari, but in the OP's defense, he IS 13 AND everyone knows how life-like Disney Animatronics can be. If, as a young teen, someone tells you(from seemingly a good source) that some of the animals are fake,then you might tend to want to believe it.

Now....back to the topic at hand....(which might also include poking fun at ADULTS who think that the fire at WDW is fake... :confused3 :teeth: )

sticker231
07-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Where are dinosaurs on the safari?

They took them out because they didn't look "real" enough

MagicMe
07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Lilnickyboy - just so you know, this is not the first thread on just this thing!! I posted on this on another thread in the last week or so. Your question on the rumor is not farfetched. Somebody out there is just trying to stir up trouble.

Armandocme
07-19-2006, 06:50 PM
In defense of the OP, my wife and I rode the Kilimanjaro Safari in 2001 and again in 2004. On both trips, we only rode the safari once. Both times, there were very few animals out because it was scorching hot and the ones that were out were far away hiding in the shade. Towards the end of the ride, there was an ostrich standing on the left side close to the safari path. This happened both times. The driver would speed away before we could really get a good look. We thought to ourselves, this must be some kind of animatronic animal! The few animals we did see seemed to be in the exact same place.

Fast forward to June 2006. We rode the safari once again. This time the animals were out in full force (it was relatively cool and overcast). They were freely roaming about and the ostrich was nowhere to be seen. We had a blast! We now know for sure that these animals are real (except of course, Lil Red).

My point is I don't think it was too far fetched to think that some of the animals were not real. This is Disney after all. Just look at the robot in Stitch's Great Escape. The movements are quite fluid. Also, isn't it true that they keep a spot cooled for the lion so it would stay visible on the safari? Doesn't that show you how far Disney will go to make sure your experience is exactly how THEY envision it?

Now the fake fire thing....well I can't defend that.

Disney8704
07-21-2006, 07:07 AM
I can see where he is coming from because Disney do make some real life like animals. Look at 101 Dalmations. They used animantronic puppies and look how real they look. And as for movement, animantronics can walk and just as fluid and life like as a real animal. But to use fake animals on the safarri ride, that would beat the whole purpose of the ride. The ride is there so you can get close to the animals. If that rumor was actually true and got out, that ride wouldnt be the same anymore. People would probably stop riding it. I mean look at the jungle cruise. Not to many people ride that because if there are real animals, there isnt many. Disney wouldnt go to the extenct to do so much work and keep the savannah so neat and clean if there were fake animals. And they certianly probably wouldnt make such a huge deal about the ride either. The safarri ride is one of the most popular rides in disney. But as for fake fire...How do you make fake fire? That fire is as real as the fire in Illuminations and fantasmic. Trust me u no its real, cuz u can feel the heat from it. This is probably one of the most funniest threads on the boards. I especially loved the part: Go up to it and if it chases u then u no its real. That was to funny! As for everyone coming down on you, dont feel that way. We all are here to just trying to shed some light and fun on the topic.

Scraper
07-21-2006, 09:28 AM
You mean Little red isn't real? Does that mean there really weren't poachers on that ride either? :rotfl2: YOU laugh but the first time I rode that the girl drove so fast I put money on little red being real.:rotfl:

LakeAriel
07-21-2006, 01:48 PM
YOU laugh but the first time I rode that the girl drove so fast I put money on little red being real.:rotfl:

First time I rode I wanted Little Red to be real...alas I took a real close look :magnify:
aw shucks!

sticker231
07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm confused!

Little Red isn't real?

stinkerbelle's mom
07-22-2006, 09:03 AM
...and cross my heart, make me live in Universal, I

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

DisneyWorldWisher
07-22-2006, 09:28 AM
I also heard some weren't real, and having no way to verify (seeing as I've never actually been to Disney) I beilived them.
Of course, thanks to the internet I now know that all of them are completely real (except for little red).

P.S. I am younger than you. :)

taximomfor4
07-22-2006, 10:16 AM

Ummmm, isn't it just the kind of fire that FAKE firemen put out? pirate:

dementia412
07-22-2006, 04:44 PM
okay, okay, I can't take it, what is little red?

kaybird
07-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Little Red is the baby elephant that is the premise of the race back to stop the poachers. It is in fact not a real elephant. :) The animals up and about appear to be real :goodvibes

This reminds me of the elderly ladies we rode POTC with who hated the ride because of the live cannon balls zipping past their faces, or all the people who have been up in arms about all the people screaming in alien encounter not realizing most all of it is in the headphones.

ENJOY THE RIDES and HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!

grumpy.uncle
07-22-2006, 05:07 PM
She's the little girl who got eaten by a big bad wolf on the way to her grandmother's house, I believe. Sorry, but Lil Red is the animatronic baby elephant that is rescued from the poachers at the end of the Safari. She is definitely not real but all the other animals are most certainly living and breathing. The best time to ride Safari is first thing in the morning when it is coolest because the animals tend to be most active then. Lastly, the poachers are also real. How else do you think Disney comes by the exotic meats they serve at Boma on the buffet?

kaytieeldr
07-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, well, lemme tell ya... I'm not so sure I believe those are ostrich eggs that the safari guide points out each time... I mean, I've gone on the safari at least once a year since AK opened, and those things have NEVER hatched? ;)

Disfan3
07-22-2006, 05:50 PM

hi

we will be at the POLY the same time!!

see ya at the volcano pool!!!

dementia412
07-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks grumpyuncle, it's been driving me nuts... I can't wait to do this, we have an African Savanah train ride through at our zoo here, and I want to see how much cooler Disney's is. :cool1:

yaksack
07-24-2006, 08:03 AM
They are all real. I checked with a cast member.

Belle's Mom Tink
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
I've been on the safari a few times and yes I was dissapointed the first time I saw there was a fake animal involved,as in Little Red, but now I laugh at it everytime we go. I do know for a fact that if nothing else, two of the giraffes are real...last time we were there one walked across the road and our truck had to stop for it, while the other one stood right next to the truck and left us a "present"...now if they can make animatronics do that then Disney is way ahead of the game!! :rotfl:

This is when the giraffe walked right in front of our safari truck and we had to stop. If you look in the rearview mirror that is me in the green shirt taking a picture, and DBF in a white shirt!!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/wremaley/P1010175compressed.jpg

And this one got up close and personal, no zoom used here...
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/wremaley/P1010176compressed.jpg

HappyLawyer
07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
i don't care they look real enough, and that's good enough for me. :cool1:

JPN4265
07-26-2006, 05:18 AM
I think I just burnt myself with fake fire. :furious:

honkeyking
07-26-2006, 07:39 AM
Like, ohhhh myyy Gawd, the animals are like, not real and stuff. My best friend Jenny said they weren't real, and I was like, no way and junk.

First timer
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ZebraDomeCrazy
07-27-2006, 04:33 PM
I think I just burnt myself with fake fire. :furious:

BE CAREFUL!!! That's dangerous stuff! :rotfl:

Disney8704
07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah you might burn yourself really bad with that fake fire. Then you will have to go to a fake hospital to get the fake burn fixed up. :rotfl:

BE CAREFUL!!! That's dangerous stuff! :rotfl:

Armandocme
07-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Looks like someone already has a patent for fake fire:

http://www.technifex.com/pages/products/products_fauxfire.html

dementia412
07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
They use something like that at the mall we go to here. My kids love watching the fake fire, and my mom had a fake fireplace before... those suck!