PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan Review-July 5-10th

masters58
07-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone!

Wanted to share our dining plan experience with all. In our family, it was DH (34) Me (32) DD (10) DS (4) DS (4) We were there July 5-10th.

Day 1

Lunch was at Electric Umbrella. I thought it was good. We each had hamburgers and two kids meals: one with chicken and one with mac and cheese. Included with the kids meals are the entree (fries with the chicken) and either applesauce, mickey crackers (like goldfish) or carrot sticks. Kids had choc milk, we all had water. Dont remember what we had for dessert. Used Dining plan.

ADR were at Coral Reef at 5:30. Got there at 5:10 and were seated at 5:20. The restaurant was amazing looking, definitely the best part of the meal. For our dinner, everyone was allowed to have appetizers and desserts, including the children. We had three shrimp cocktails, a lobster bisque, and a calamari. Presentation was good, food was mediocre. Were not impressed at all. For dinner, we had two cheese pizzas (kids) and DD had a plain chicken breast (nothing on it) DH had mahi mahi (was good) and I had the grilled tuna (med) Mine was okay, but very well done. Mine came with wasabi mashed potatoes (did not like at all) and DH came with orzo, I think. We left a lot of food. For dessert, two make your own sundaes (boys LOVED these) DD had cheesecake (had pineapple and mangoes on it--was okay) DH had the chocolate cake thing (was room temp..is it suppose to be?) and I had the creme brulee--not impressed at all, but have never eaten it before. Maybe it was me. Our bill came out to $220 and we felt as if we were definitely paying for the view of the tank. The waiter was nice, a bit rushed, but okay. We will probably not go there again.

Day 2
we headed over to MGM and had a late breakfast (1oam)at the ABC Commissary--did not use the dining plan for this. Breakfast was quite good. Three of us had the muffin/yogurt parfait plate and the other two had the pancakes and sausage plate. The yogurt parfait was fruit and yogurt layed with granola on top. It also came with a big muffin and I think, a drink. The pancakes plate came with pancakes and choice of meat. Drink I think included. Good breakfast.

We had a midday snack of ice cream as we had ADRs at Sci-Fi at 3:30

Late Lunch was ADRs at Sci Fi. We had a great time! Woman at desk said that with ADRs, you automatically get a car table, which I was a little worried about not getting. Our time was at 3:30, seated quickly. VERY crowded and no walk ups allowed. Appetizers we got were the chili (yummy-with big tortilla chips) the spinach dip (husband said was great), and onion rings (a HUGE plate,enough for all of us) Dinner was two chicken and fries meal (kids) and dd got a plain chicken sandwich and fries. Chicken was tender and very moist. DH and I both got the open faced steak sandwich (dont remember the exact name) Piece of bread with a steak on top. Had crumbled bleu cheese, mixed greens and vinegarette on top. Very Very good and cooked to our request. Came with onions rings--we had SO many left over! Definitely recommend this plate. For dessert, three hot fudge sundaes, one cheesecake (awesome presentation--had caramel popcorn around it, with M&M's on top) and some chocolate cake thing. Very good. Waiter was great and the ambiance was super. Loved the mini movies and cartoons. Definite do again.

Dinner (very late dinner) was at Magic Kingdom at the Columbia Harbor house (fish and chips) It was okay. Mediocre food. Shared meals here--had chicken, fish, fries, and coleslaw. Dessert was choc cake and apple cobblers. Wont go back there.

Day 3
Breakfast was at the food court in Epcot where Soarin was at. Very good. We got a TON of food on the dining plan. Kids meals were french toast plates (french toast, sausage, fried potatoes and drink) Between DH, DD, and myself we had 3 fruit bowls, we each had a pastry (choc chip muffin, cheese danish, choco croissant), and yogurt. Plus drinks (water, coffee, juice) Very yummy.

Lunch was at World Showcase Epcot, USA. Three chicken meals (two kids, 1 adult) a double cheeseburger meal, and turkey bagel sandwich. We had been here a few years ago and weren't impressed, but feel like it's really improved. Dessert was strawberry shortcakes, chocolate cake, and american jello. Two of our kids are really picky, so this was a place we could all eat at. Really wanted chinese or japanese, but didnt feel like arguing!

Dinner was ADRs at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was a buffet and was AMAZING! 4:50 was our time, seated 10 mins later. VERY crowded. We LOVED the prime rib, had seconds. Great center cut steak, hummus, yummy. Rice was terrific. Fruit salad was wonderful. Great selection of fresh fruit and the desserts were to die for. Everything we tasted (and I think it was everything) was rich and yummy. We had the zebra domes, the coconut tiramisu, the banana bread pudding with the vanilla sauce, the fruit tarts, the mango tarts, the chocolate mousse, the rasp cheesecake, and some others. Dh and I each had a drink--he an african beer and me a mixed drink and both were great. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Server was a little show, would disappear at times, but the food made up for it.

Day 4

Donald's Breakfastosaurus at Animal Kingdom. Got our table within 15 mins of time. We had a great time! Servers were singing and dancing the music and we got ample time with the characters (Mickey, Goofy, Donald, of course, and Pluto) We got an awesome table in the corner by the juke box so we had a great photo space. Food was great. We had a little bit of everything. Pastries, Choco. chip pancakes, bacon, fruit, cereal, croissants, and cinnamon french toast was really tasty. The breakfast pizza was a hit at our table and I personally enjoyed the quiche. We all had coffee and juice. Well worth it and server was great.

Lunch was at Pizzafari. VERY VERY CROWDED. We tried to eat later (around 1:45) and it was terribly crowded still. Sent husband to find a table (standing room only) and it took us nearly 45 minutes to order our food and get it. Counter service. We all had pizza (didnt use 1 child credit here, figured we could share 3 pizzas and a salad) so, three cheese pizzas and a chicken caesar salad. No sides came with them, but we got dessert. We got the frozen strawberry lemonade things. those were great on this very hot day. Pizza were okay--crust a little overcooked, salad was really good. All got water. We would have enjoyed ourselves more if it weren't so crowded. People were literally fighting over tables and I felt like I was being circled once we started to wrap our lunch up.

Dinner was at ALL-Star resort food court. Got a lot of food! And very good. Hubby had portobello pasta plate (had some red sauce) and breadsticks. Said it was very good. I had the turkey and mashed potato plate. Very, very good. Kids had chicken sandwich, chicken and fries. For dessert we had carrot cake (DELICIOUS!), choc. cake (very good also) and three jellos. We also had the opportunity to stock up on snacks that we had not used. We got the Mickey Mouse rice crispy things and some danishes to take for the morning. We enjoyed our food there and was not crowded at all.

Day 5
Breakfast was at cabin--fruit and danish we bought the day before with snack credits.

Lunch was at World Showcase, Epcot. USA food court. We got chicken fingers and fries, hamburger and fries and bbq sandwich and fries. Kids got chicken and fries. Dessert was smores dessert, red white and blue jello, and strawberry shortcake. Everything was really good. I think Disney fries are really good--we should know, we ate at least 10 lbs of them! The bbq sand was tasty and we all enjoyed the desserts.

Dinner was Whispering Canyons at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Time was 5:10, got seated at 5pm, when they opened. We knew to expect things and it was fun. My kids were SO willing to participate in crack ups that they kept drinking their drinks in hopes of getting refills. Server was great and asked the kids if they needed ketchup. They all eagerly said YES. We soon had 20 bottles of it on the table. But it was fun to the senders of the ketchup for the next family. Milkshakes are included in the dining plan. We had three skillets, a kids hot dog, and you guessed it, chicken and fries. The ribs were really tasty, even without the sauce. We went thru those really quick. Potatoes were yummy as was the coleslaw, the salad and the cornbread. The chicken was okay, pulled pork very tender and the sausage was tasty (acc to DH). For dessert, we had two worms in dirt, some chocolate cake thing,and two cinnamon tortilla things with the bananas and caramel sauce. Very pleased and we LOVED the antics!

Day 6
Breakfast at the cabin.

Lunch was at Downtown Disney at Wolfgang Puck's Express. We had three cheese pizzas (gooey, cheesy, and very good) DH had Rosemary chicken and garlic mashed potatoes (Very good) and I had the veggie pasta. Had cheese, garlic, onions, with red sauce on pasta. I liked it and it was light enough, but filling. Still had ribs in me from night before. We had the mango tea (yum!) and three brownies, and two cookies. We had to pay OOP for one of the meals. Would go back for sure.

We had plenty of snack credits left on our last day and walked into Goofy's Candy Store at Downtown Disney. They said mostly everything (90% is what she said) thas was under $4 was included in the snack plan. We got three things of cotton candy, 3 things of fudge, 2 coconut haystacks, and a plain caramel apple. All on the snack plan. We STILL had 5 credits left so we got ice cream later and drinks.

We will DEFINITELy be going the Disney Dining plan again. We definitely made the most of it and used it to the fullest. The first two days or so, I got confused on what was on it, regarding the counter service, but after that, knew what to order. NONE of the servers we got were rude b/c of the dining plan and we tipped extra twice (when we ordered alcoholic drinks). The ONLY downfall is that we all came home about 5 pounds heavier. My clothes were a little tight the last day.....bringing bigger pants next time! ;)

bluejasmine
07-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Wow! Sounds like alot of food! Great review! Cant wait to be able to give mine! lol

danjoan14
07-17-2006, 12:22 PM
pirate: Great review! Thanks.

deany
07-17-2006, 10:32 PM
We have an ADR at WCC on our upcoming trip. The tortilla dessert with icecream and bananas sounds heavenly. How was it? Great trip report, BTW! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Minniespal
07-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

richard_andmel
07-18-2006, 06:35 AM
Great reviews. :) Thanks for sharing.

ufgator
07-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your reviews!

BostonTink85
07-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Great Reviews!....I'm a lil worried about getting a car table at Sci-Fi since we are going later in the night (8:00) of an EMH at MGM. There's four of us and we are already at two tables, that part doesn't really matter to me since it's me and a friend and my sister and her friend, I just want to make sure we both get in actual car tables. Is it always like that...you get a car as long as you have an ADR??? :confused3

debdot
07-18-2006, 08:42 PM
great reviews

could you please tell me where in Epcot you had breakfast - i though only the Electric Umbrella had breakfast :confused3

thanks so much

Lizzybee
07-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Nice reviews, but I can't let my kids read it. They'll be hounding me to save all the snack credits for Goofy's candy store! :rotfl:

masters58
07-18-2006, 10:20 PM
great reviews

could you please tell me where in Epcot you had breakfast - i though only the Electric Umbrella had breakfast :confused3

thanks so much

We had breakfast at the food court where the Soarin ride was at--The Land Pavilion.

masters58
07-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Great Reviews!....I'm a lil worried about getting a car table at Sci-Fi since we are going later in the night (8:00) of an EMH at MGM. There's four of us and we are already at two tables, that part doesn't really matter to me since it's me and a friend and my sister and her friend, I just want to make sure we both get in actual car tables. Is it always like that...you get a car as long as you have an ADR??? :confused3

When I checked in, I specifically asked if we were getting a car table and she said since we had ADR's, we were guaranteed one. A car table had three rows of two. There were 5 of us in our party. HTH We loved it!

masters58
07-18-2006, 10:23 PM
We have an ADR at WCC on our upcoming trip. The tortilla dessert with icecream and bananas sounds heavenly. How was it? Great trip report, BTW! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I really enjoyed the dessert. I think it was called the cinnamon tortilla. It was like a giant tortilla bowl dusted with cinnamon sugar on its side and overflowing out of it was the scoop of vanilla ice cream and the fresh bananas :banana: and caramel sauce. I was really full from dinner, but still managed to eat most of it. It was yummy!

DisneycrazedX6
07-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Great reviews!!! You ate at alot of places I am planning on eating so I really enjoyed your reviews.....Thank you!!!!