PDA

View Full Version : Husband's trip to Toronto

Medicmouse
07-15-2006, 12:43 PM
My Hubby is planning a trip to TO in Sept to take his elderly father to a couple of Jay games. Any suggestions on a nice clean, well priced hotel in the area? He is not a very comfortable traveller and will be cabbing it to wherever he needs to go. Also he is thinking of bringing his dad to an IMAX - where is the closest one to downtown. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, :wave:
Paula

Miandrea
07-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I really like the Sheraton Centre downtown or the Holiday Inn on King (walking distance from the Rogers Centre - Jays game - 5 minutes). The Sheraton has a beautiful pool area - both places are around $160 - $200 Canadian a night depending on the time of the year. They will have a great time!

Where abouts in Northern Ontario? I am spending the summer in Sudbury!

Medicmouse
07-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm from a small town between Thunder Bay and Sault Ste. Marie - I went to college in Sudbury years ago. Hope you are liking it there.
Thanks for the help!

runner26.2
07-15-2006, 07:25 PM
I'd second the downtown Sheraton. It is an excellent clean hotel. It is close to everything and in very safe area.

There's lots of little towns between the Soo and Lakehead. Which one ????

digskat
07-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Another vote for Sheraton Centre. Downtown Location, attached to 'PATH' the underground mall for food courts and shopping, great steak house (le bifteque).

Mortlives
07-17-2006, 02:45 PM
There are 2 IMAX theatres in/near downtown. One is at the Paramount theatre (Famous Players). It is a few blocks away from Skydome. The other is at Ontario Place, it is called the Cinesphere, and was the first permanent IMAX theatre anywhere.

madonna31
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Another vote for the Sheraton. :thumbsup2

I was just there in June for a FAM trip. GREAT hotel, wonderful location. The views from most rooms are BEAUTIFUL!!

Ballinafad
07-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I just stayed at the Sheraton and loved it. We booked it through priceline.com and got it for a bid of $75 per night.