View Full Version : Good prices on Air from Buffalo?
07-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Hi! I'm so glad I found you all.
I just started planning our trip for the beginning of February with husband and kids ages 2 and 5. I have discovered the wonderful deals by flying out of Buffalo, so we are no longer going to put ourselves through driving but is this the best time to book??? I can get tickets for $216US return right now, is it likely to go lower or should we wait?
I'd love to fly non-stop (I saw the post about SW airlines) but I'm concerned about waiting until 3 months before to book.
Anyone have suggestions?
(I'm sure this is the first of MANY questions!)
07-12-2006, 07:43 AM
I would wait for sure!2 years ago(before the oil prices went spiraling upwards) we got seats on a direct Southwest flight to Orlando in Feb for 29 USD one way. The total we paid was $400/Canadian for all four of us. We just paid about a month ago for an October weekend getaway and the price wa on sale for $69/us/one way. I waited to long and was actually hoping to do even better but it is the weekend and the prices reflect that. Remember you will usually get a lower price on a tues, wed, thurs and check out Southwest's web site on Tuesday mornings because that is when they usually put out sale info. Also sign up for the Dings that come right to you desk top-if you search this thread you will find lots of info on that.February is my all time favorite time to go-the weather is perfect for the parks and you will have a fabulous time-good luck! :sunny:
07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:
I would also wait. Your price is not too bad, but you can ususally get it for about $185 or less per person, if you get a seat sale or DING. Make sure you download DING and check on it when you see the little envelope on the wing. The Buffalo zip code is 14225. If you can get Non-stop that is the way to go with younger children!
07-12-2006, 11:09 AM
When I came on this morning, Travelocity had sent me a fare drop advisory... they are now down to $129CAD plus taxes...that makes it $700 for the 4 of us...getting better! They also said Canadians can't buy AirTrans??? Anyone know why?
With two little ones I would pay a little extra to fly direct.
07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I can't see why we can't fly airtran, you might want to check out their specific website. I joined and got their air rewards card. I've never flown them though. I would also book direct with the air carrier and not thru another website. However, that is just my opinion!
07-12-2006, 12:58 PM
no issues with buying tickets from them, not sure what this is all about :confused3
07-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks to everyone!
After looking at the prices SW is offering for flights right now, and thinking about the advantages of being able to fly non-stop we are going to wait and hope for a good rate when the flights open.
I had another look at AirTrans flights, it actually says Canadian Travelocity members can't book the flights, not Canadians. I guess they don't have permission to sell or something?
Hmmm... no flights 'til November, rate codes/packages probably won't be out until November. Erg, I want to BOOK something so that I can really say I'm going!!!! :rolleyes1
07-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Also look at the SWA website info regarding DING! You download this onto your computer and then are offered special deals.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.