PDA

View Full Version : mypoints

barbmouse
07-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi all! Can someone tell me about mypoints?

Thanks!

Free4Life11
07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
MyPoints is an online points program. A typical $10 gift card would cost you 1400-1500 points.

You can earn points by clicking on the BonusMail email they send 5 points per email), by doing offers (varies), and by shopping. Most merchants pay 2 points per dollar spent, but some offer more (Overstock.com is 10 points/$ and Target is 5 or 10/$

I've been with them for over 5 years and never had any major problem. I've racked up over 50,000 points and have gotten hundreds of dollars in rewards.

nbodyhome
07-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I've been a member for quite some time (years) as well. The only thing I'd say is that the points keep being worth less and less!

autumnsmommy
07-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I used my points last time on Rainforest Cafe giftcards, I went to AK, ate lunch and got dd a sweatshirt on clearance and still had $ leftover.

Tiki Room Fan
07-16-2006, 12:19 AM
I have about 15,000 mypoints saved up so far...I was wondering has anyone redeemed their points for the gift certificates that are supposed to be accepted anywhere Mastercard is? So, can I take the gift certificates and put them towards say something like Disney park tickets on Ticket Mania?

LisaNJ25
07-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I have about 15,000 mypoints saved up so far...I was wondering has anyone redeemed their points for the gift certificates that are supposed to be accepted anywhere Mastercard is? So, can I take the gift certificates and put them towards say something like Disney park tickets on Ticket Mania?

A webceriticate? Yes, I get them all the time. I would cash out and not hold on to so maybe points. You can cashout aand keep adding to the webcertificate.

mello
07-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Hi all! Can someone tell me about mypoints?

Thanks!

I earned a $10 Starbucks card and it came in the mail today, I was so excited that it actually worked!!! Next time I'll save up for some bigger gift cards, maybe to use as actual gifts.

Tiki Room Fan
07-16-2006, 01:13 AM
A webceriticate? Yes, I get them all the time. I would cash out and not hold on to so maybe points. You can cashout aand keep adding to the webcertificate.

Thanks for the info. It's late and I am exhausted (as the little boy in the Disney commercial says....I'm too excited to sleep! We just booked our next Disney trip tonight! So I really am too excited to sleep!) LOL! Okay, so if I order a web certificate, and use up my 15,000 my points, I can earn more points and add them to the same web certificate...? :confused:

nbodyhome
07-16-2006, 06:02 AM
I'd not hold onto so many points either - not only if something happened to the company, but the points are worth less than they were even a year ago (it takes longer to save for something).

It takes me a while to save, I don't shop much. :)

mishtb
07-16-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm also a member of mypoints.... I don't shop too often online. I just realized that I haven't recieved any emails from them in a while. Is that normal or should I be recieving emails each week/month??

aka-mad4themouse
07-16-2006, 07:01 AM
Okay, so if I order a web certificate, and use up my 15,000 my points, I can earn more points and add them to the same web certificate...? :confused:
Yes. Webcertificates are "stackable" You can combine webbies from different programs, too. They can all go into one account and you spend it from there.

I'm also a member of mypoints.... I don't shop too often online. I just realized that I haven't recieved any emails from them in a while. Is that normal or should I be recieving emails each week/month??
I've been receiving them all week and had one this morning. Weekends are usually slower than during the work week. Check you junk mail file. Sometimes things get changed around in your preferences and the MyPoints mail could be sent there instead.

Disneynutbsv
07-16-2006, 07:08 AM
I just redeemed mined for a web certificate, how long does that take to come? I thought it came via email, maybe I'm wrong??? I was hoping to turn it into a $25 Gift Card from Disney for it...but I don't know if I'll get it in time before I go:(

disneysnowflake
07-16-2006, 07:18 AM
I just received another Web Certificate from My Points.

I cashed in my points for this last Web Certificate. It took 3 weeks until I got the email stating I had my Web Cert.

That was quick this time though. Most of the time it's exactly 6 weeks to the day from when I cash in my points until I get my Web Cert email.

I use my Web Certificates to pay on my existing Disney reservation. I've only ever had Web Certificates. I've never cashed out for gift certificates or anything.

Tiki Room Fan
07-16-2006, 08:47 AM
:surfweb: Thanks for the info. M4TM. I've gotten gifts cards for Target, I think, a while back and I haven't used them yet. If I'm not mistaken, when I wanted to get the web certificate, it said they were out of them. I have been a my points member since 2000. Actually I was a member before that, but then had a period of time with no computer and a couple of moves, so I lost my account info and just restarted. I purchase a lot of stuff on line, but either I forget to buy it through My Points or the place I'm buying from doesn't participate with My Points. The biggest "boo boo" was when I bought my Dell notebook, I forgot to go through My Points. YIKES! :sad2: But now that some of you have made the comment about cashing the points in "just in case" is a great idea and since they seem to take 3-6 weeks to arrive.

I usually get several emails from My Points every day. One time I stopped getting them for about a week. Not a single one. So I emailed them and they got back to me and said emails are sent to you dependent on the profile questions you filled out when you signed up, I guess it goes according to your possible interests. That didn't sound right to me, so I just went in and made a few edits to my profile and sure enough they started back up again. :confused3

I never think to check my points to make sure I'm getting credited properly.

azgal81
07-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I cashed out for a web certificate back on June 24th and rec'd it a few days ago. That was quick!

If I am going to buy the disney gift card does anyone know if I need an extra dollar in my account? I think I remember reading that some merchants need an extra dollar in there to process and verify the account.